Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #61  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Wow, a lot of catching up to do! I posted this on the last thread, but in case no one is going there anymore...
I'm WAY behind (after spending about 36 hrs at the hospital w/my daughter & son-in-law but they have a beautiful baby girl to show for it ). Trying to catch up so won't post much, but this caught my eye - be sure you don't eat the same amount of dried pineapple as you're allowed with fresh - without the water the sugars are really concentrated so you can't eat nearly as much. Probably at least half as much as you're allowed of the fresh. You could check the calorie count to see how much of the dried would amount to the same calories of fresh.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #62  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default Hello

Everyone is one this site for a reason. What everyone has said today is exactly what I need. It is a life change. It is not a quick fix. I have taken the pills and lost 30# in 8 wks. But look where I am now. Right back where I started. This is going to be forever. I started MRS to change me. To change the way I see life and food. I need to be taught how to view food as fuel. I have been on hte plan to 7 days and I already see how the old way I ate was hurting me. I can live and feel better on less food and healthier food. It's not easy yet. I get hungry and cranky. But I think long term. I also have a great husband who won't let me go OP. I want to be healthy. I want to be active and not tired all the time. And I want to be hot for my husband. I know we all can do this. Day by Day!! One WI at a time.
Thanks for all the support. I talk to my husband about what you guys say all the time. My own little support group. Thanks
zackzmom
Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #63  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
As for the ketosis..they told me that I should be between trace and small. If you're in ketosis then your body is burning it's own fat stores for fuel (that's what your body prefers to do and what is best health wise, according to everything I've read). I think the square on the bottle is the second from the left (not the faintest, negative, but the next one over). I usually measure between that and small, except today I was negative b/c of my off program day! .

Update on Mydietshopz.com. I placed an order with them tonight. I know I'll need to get some more HNS from my center but I saved almost $40 by purchasing online. If you spend more than $70 shipping is free, and if you spend more than $150 you get 10% off your total order. Their drinks are all $9.95 right now and the chocolate mini crisps are $8.95 until March 6. I got 15 boxes of drinks and creamies (including one of the mini crisps) and I spent $137. If you figure the boxes are 5 for $55 and my tax is 7% I would have spent $176.55. I'll get 5 more boxes at the center this week to save money buying in bulk but I'll buy the flavors the website doesn't have (peach-mango, pink-lemonade, pineapple). I'll let you know how it goes.
Regarding ketosis - it does mean that you're burning fat. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're burning BODY fat, if you're eating a lot of dietary fat that would show up as well. But if you're OP on the MRC plan you wouldn't be eating enough fat for that to show up. (I'm a veteran low-carber so have read a lot about it.) Having said that, I rarely showed up as positive for ketosis, in fact I think there was only one time that I showed just a trace, otherwise I was always negative. I think we eat enough sugary/starchy carbs to keep most of us from really going into serious ketosis.
My online source for the HNS is bodyandhealthessentials dot com (in case 3FC tries to filter the site). The more you buy the cheaper you can get it, and shipping is free. Going in with a couple of friends I think we've gotten it down to about $7/box. Just wish they had the wildberry flavor. They carry a wildberry but as I've mentioned, it isn't the same, it's more of a meal replacement & it's a creamy pink color. And not as tasty as wildberry (which was always my favorite).
But like I said, from now on I'll mix the unflavored whey protein powder with the liquid Crystal Lite.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #64  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I have a personal dilemma I would like to share here with my MRC buddies. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Recently, I've been getting a lot of "you don't need to lose anymore weight" comments. When I tell them I have over 30 more pounds to lose, they look at me like I must be developing some kind of an eating disorder. Ya know, they haven't seen me naked. This could start a head game with me. I could start to believe them, and this could sabotage my weight loss efforts if I let it. Don't get me wrong, I kinda like it when people think I'm at my goal weight already. I just happen to hold my weight well. I have told them I'm still above a 30 BMI. I've lost 35 pounds since my after picture posted on my personal profile. What should I do about this? Please help!
I think you're on the right track with your comment about BMI. Tell them "Thanks, I know I look and feel a LOT better than I did. But this isn't just about my looks, it's about my health & I'm still not in that 'healthy' range where I want to be - I'm getting close, but not quite there yet." I think usually those comments come from concern, occasionally from jealousy! Just keep in mind that you set your goal for a reason, but really, I don't think you'll have a problem with it - you've got an amazing mindset about this and I have no doubts that it'll continue until you reach your goal.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #65  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
If I understand correctly, there are 6 weeks of stabilization. I know when I go today I will get some new choices for protein. My counselor said I would be getting peanut butter and nuts back. I am not a big PB fan, but she is so she was real excited. I do like almonds, so I am stocked and ready to go! lol Thanks for the vote of confidence!
LOL, for me, peanut butter is the ! I was so happy to see it back on the menu - but then reality hit, it's a HUGE trigger food for me. I love it on everything, including just a spoon. So I really have to just say no to the PB, which is hard.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #66  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post

I have a couple of questions.. Why can't I have coffee?? I'm really struggling with this one. Also, do the chocolate crispies replace anything or are we just allowed to have 2 a week as a snack?
You can have coffee, just not caffeine! I NEVER gave up coffee - just get some good decaf. Now if it's the caffeine you're missing, rather than the taste & enjoyment of coffee, the reason they don't want you to have it is that caffeine is, of course, a stimulant and it can be a stimulant for appetite as well. (I go decaf for a different reason, I'm fibrocystic & caffeine can trigger cysts to kinda "balloon" for me.) I know there are people here who never gave up caffeine & did fine. It's one of those YMMV things (Your Mileage May Vary) - if you're desperately missing the caffeine you could try it & see what happens - but if you've already gone with withdrawal & find that you do better without the caffeine, you'll have to withdraw all over again. And that might not be worth it. I'd try a good decaf first - for me, it's become the taste & smell of the coffee that gets me going in the morning, not the caffeine.
The chocolate crispies are a HNS - so they "replace" one of your HNS for the day, including as a snack. I always liked them for traveling - convenient to eat on the road.

Last edited by Meemo; 03-05-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: sleep deprivation!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #67  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by map08 View Post

1. Does anyone know of cheaper online places to buy protein drinks? I saw mydietshopz dot com, just looking for alternatives.

2. Is unsweetened applesauce okay to substitute for your fruit? It just has apples, water, and Vit C lited as an ingredient?

3. I am not sure what is classified as "hard cheese"- does anyone have a list of tasty new cheeses I can try??
1. I posted this before but you might've missed it - I now mix up my own with plain whey protein powder & the Crystal Lite in the bottles (sweetened with Splenda, not aspartame). I've tried it with Raspberry, Lemonade & Orange flavors, they come out a little more "creamy" looking than the HNS, but they don't taste bad at all. And a lot cheaper, especially if you can get the Crystal Lite on sale & find a good inexpensive whey protein powder. I haven't really investigated yet.

2. I think they'd consider that canned fruit - although if it doesn't have anything more than apples, water & vitamin C I'd be tempted to try it anyway & see if it makes any difference in your weigh in. (But then I'm one to push the rules a bit anyway so I'm not always the best counselor )

3. I was never sure about that - I used to eat feta at times although it isn't a hard cheese! (See #2!) I love cheddar so that's what I usually used.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #68  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I've got a question--what is the metaquick menu? I've never seen it (yet)at my MRC.
Unless something's changed, the Shalimar center doesn't recommend it - they feel like it's just too low in calories & a little too much like doing Slimfast or something.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #69  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Can't believe that is my ticker!!! Just had to share! You all have to believe it will happen for you! What a feeling! I will be even happier when it has been a year and I am still at this weight!
Congratulations! It's a beautiful ticker
Old 03-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #70  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hey everyone just got reading done reading all the posta and wow there is so much catching up to do ! Well i started back on plan yesterday after being off since jan 27 of this year , my 2nd surgery last friday went well and i am soooo much better i cant believe i had so much problems with the gallbladder surgery but i am so glad its all over and i feel great!! I am so glad to be back and see so many newbies that is awsome! I do have to admit i was supposed to start back on monday but i ate off plan , it has not been easy getting back on plan but i know i can, i really want to be healthier so i know i will do this i will weigh in on sat after being on medical hold all this time so i am not sure what they will do? My contract is up on the 5 of april but since i have been sick all this time i am not sure if they will extend my contract? Well i will check in later and again its great to be back!!
Sorry to hear that you had to have a second surgery but glad you're doing better now
I don't know for sure, but I think a medical hold is just that - a "hold", and they extend your contract for the amount of time that you were on hold. That's what would make sense to me, anyway.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #71  
Bonnie

Quote:
Namaste: Any ideas for helping me move on would be great because this is getting to be a bit of a pity party and again, I'm the only one attending the party.... it's kind of lonely
Namaste, I TOTALLY know how you feel. I can only speak from my experience and what I am (still) finding out about myself. It might seem a little psychobabbly but I find it to be true for me. Assuming two sides of me being my childish side and my grown up side...I know the reason I gained weight and it's the same reason that I struggle to not sneak little bites from time to time - my grown up side decides it's just too hard to be in charge and lets that childish side run amuck. Then the childish side decides it really isn't so fun to run amuck and wishes the "adult" would care enough to take charge. Not eating regular meals, eating food that is essentially poison, not exercising and not making an effort to balance my life boils down to one basic thing - me not taking care of me! Who else but an out-of-control, alone child could consume enough food in four years to add 70 pounds of weight! I read a book that brought much of this to light called "The Four Day Win" and although I didn't really follow the diet program (good but I needed to get on board NOW), the explanation she offers in the beginning as to why I struggle so much rang very true. She talks about finding yourself as the "watcher" and making decisions a little bit removed from yourself. Ultimately, I have to make the decision (on an often basis!) to say "Don't worry Bonnie, I will take care of you." This applies whether it's not to make healthy eating choices or to make myself rest or whatever!

K...now I feel like I'm babbling but believe me when I say I SO know where you're coming from :-)
Old 03-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

Red face

namaste and rockijames...

I completely understand what you both are saying. I too get frustrated and wonder if I am going ot fall back into old patterns. Although I am new to MRC (1 month), I am sure hoping that this is change in lifestyle that I am able to maintain. I am so surprised at how my view of food has changed. Before MRC, my food choices were not good. Give me a choice between a cheeseburger or a salad and the cheeseburger will win 99% of the time. Surprisingly, cravings have not been a problem for me (I am in absolute shock over that!!!). My kids are very supportive, gotta love 'em for helping me resist 'fair food'! My boyfriend, while supportive, could be a bigger cheerleader for me (he's the kind of person that can eat anything and not really gain...and when he needs to drop weight, it's not a big deal)...he has known several people that used the shots and dropped weight very quickly, but IMHO is not a healthy/safe way to do so. I really want to learn to eat well and do what's best for my body. I am thrilled with my 16.5 pounds in 29 days...I've NEVER been able to do that on any other plan EVER! My biggest fear, what pushed me to joining MRC is that both of my parents are overweight, my dad is obese and diabetic, all of his brothers are diabetic and just about any kind of health issue runs in my family...I WANT to be healthy and avoid those issues if I can. I want to be active and have fun with my kids....and I believe it's all possible with this plan. Namaste...I'm gonna be right there next to you with a 70 pound weight loss...you go girl! I think questioning things is perfectly natural...Rockijames...I think we may go to the same center in Brandon...I really like everyone there..although I wonder how some of them can be so darn perky all the time.

Sorry, I'm rambling...but it just seemed that this particular topic really hit home for me, because I often question too much...but, if we didn't ask questions or wonder why am I doing this, we will ultimately fail to make the changes we need to to make this permanent.

crested1 (Kristie)
Old 03-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #73  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetfit View Post
Interesting post! I too have been on the the diet for just a little over a month - on day 32 I had lost 9.5 pounds but then gained 2 back early this week. I too believe that we have to think long term and forever in order to get at a healthy weight and maintain that. What I get most frustrated about is the amount of money that I spend and don't seem to be losing any faster than if just eating the same amounts without all of the pills and supplement drinks. I am definately in a dillema as to if I continue or try to do it just counting calories.:
This is absolutely a calorie based program. It works because they make up the menus so that most of us won't get hungry on what is essentially a low-calorie program, and because the addition of the HNS helps keep hunger & cravings at bay.
If I were you I'd stick with the program for the amount of time on your contract. Your inches lost are ahead of your lbs, and that can be frustrating when you're weighing in with them & that keeps you focused on the stupid number on the scale. But losing inches is great! The program is working for you, you just don't have that number on the scale to help you see it working yet. But it'll come eventually if you stick with it. Heck, you're paid up anyway, right? Why wouldn't you stick with it through your initial contract, at least? See where you are at the end, then you can make an informed decision about what to do next.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

meemo
Congrats on that new little grandbaby of yours...glad you keep checking in...I enjoy reading your posts...

crested1 (Kristie)
Old 03-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #75  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Okay, someone mentioned snacks a while back? Who is getting snacks and what are they? I don't see any "snacks" on my plan, or are you just meaning the HNS's? When I get home from teaching school, I am so hungry and I struggle everyday NOT to eat the snacks my kiddo's are eating. I tell you, some days, those cheetos just call my name! How do you all handle the "snack attack?"
Closed Thread