Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #601  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
OK...I'm soooo ashamed. I gained 2.5 lbs. at WI yesterday. I made it out to the truck before I broke down and cried. I screwed up one day, didn't eat bad stuff...just not OP. I'm so disappointed in me. I tell myself it's TOM & that's part of it, but I know it's not all of the reason. I'm so scared I won't lose this weight. I don't want to stay fat. I'm so sad.

I got measured & have lost 15 inches...that helped a little. But, I'm still so sad.
15 inches?!?! That's awesome!! Don't be sad. I know it's hard to convince yourself other wise, but you lost all of those inches!!! Didn't you say you've been walking? You should be proud of yourself. And with all of the compliments on your super cute hair, you should be feeling like a super diva!!! Focus on the good...stay focused on the good...b/c if you lose that positivity, it's alot easier to give in to weaknesses. Put your inches lost ribbon somewhere that you see it everyday. I have mine tied to my purse.

Give yourself more credit, you deserve it!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #602  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Here is my update. I ran/jogged my 5k this morning. Ok.....I don't run fast, but I jogged all but 2 blocks (side stitch that I walked thru). I finished in 36 min and 11 sec. They say beginners average 35 min. so I was pretty happy. I also went back into MRC for wi and I am down another .5 pounds. So today has been great. I am coming down with a cold tho. It made it hard to breathe on the 5K!
on your 5k!

I did my second one not too long ago and walked some of it, and ended up 39:50. It was 5 minutes faster than my first one in January so it was a personal best for me! I am looking for another one in my area - it's a good way to keep mini goals for exercise.

Good for you!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #603  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Here is my update. I ran/jogged my 5k this morning. Ok.....I don't run fast, but I jogged all but 2 blocks (side stitch that I walked thru). I finished in 36 min and 11 sec. They say beginners average 35 min. so I was pretty happy. I also went back into MRC for wi and I am down another .5 pounds. So today has been great. I am coming down with a cold tho. It made it hard to breathe on the 5K!
Hey way to go!! I can't remember the last time I even jogged. I may have forgotten how, I think my body would have some serious things to say to me about it if I tried lol.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:53 AM   #604  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Water Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Is that the little jug that looks like a water cooler bottle but a small version? If so, I had one and got rid of it b/c I could never drink all that. maybe that's different though. I'll look @ WalMart today. Thanks. However, I can get 64 oz (albeit grudgingly) but I thought we were really supposed to get 80+ oz of water.
My counselor fusses at me when I get 100oz or more...says we should have 64oz plus 8oz for every 25lbs we are overweight. I know in nursing school they gave us a formula based strictly on your weight. I'll have to try to find it.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #605  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
So, what does everyone think of the supplements? I'd love to see recommendations of what to try and what to avoid . So far, I've tried the grape, which is good, wildberry which is ok, chicken boullion--yeck, and the hot cocoa and choc pudding, both meh on those, but the pudding was reaaaallly lumpy.

Any faves or avoids out there?
My favorite is the grapefruit...
Old 03-16-2008, 01:19 AM   #606  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Boards are really slow on the weekends,
Think (Think is the keyword here) I started TOM but it's really a weird one, not wanting to go into detail but I wonder is it weird for anyone else? Thought I started awhile back but guess it was teasing me.

I realized today that I cannot count on my friend to fully understand or respect how serious I am about staying OP. I went today with her to Lubbock to do a little shopping. I told her I could not go 5 hours without eating. I had breakfast before we left. I drank a HNS on the way to Lubbock. I ended up having to drink another one when the 5 hour point came and went. We were in her car she was driving. When we finally sat down to eat it had been 9 hours since my last meal. I told her I was hungry, told her I couldn't go 5 hours without eating. I was pretty irritated, I hope the two HNS in between helped keep things going. I told her my best bet was to go to a place that had good steak and a good salad bar. I haven't had anything from protein group 3 since I started and I wanted that steak! There is a place I love that has awesome steak and a good salad bar but she didn't want to drive "all the way over there" yet it is ok to drive to three different places to look for 1 particular cd she wanted? My meal ended up being pretty good anyway but I was urked. I had a 6 oz sirloin, broccoli, side of grilled mushrooms and a small salad (since there was no salad bar I could not get any fruit or get the amount of veggies I needed). Guess I won't be going on anymore shopping excursions with her for awhile. Maybe I should get me some meal replacement bars and if that should happen again I guess I could eat like a bite or two while waiting to get to supper.

On a brighter note, the hot chocolate is really good and I love the cinnamon toast thank you Meemo! I realized also that the grape concentrate and the mixed berry are both made with splenda (aka sucralose), my center told me only the pineapple powder and pink lemonade were made with splenda. Surely they know sucralose is splenda? It's just in liquid form. Going to bed now.

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 03-16-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:19 AM   #607  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I use dietdirect. The wonderslim fruit drinks are just like MRC ones and the protidiet fruit concentrates are exactly the same as MRC--the packages are virtually identical except for the MRC name. Protidiet also has the same Fruit Punch, Pineapple Cocktail, Pink Lemonade. If click on puddings & shakes category on that website, they also have the Double Chocolate, Vanilla Creme & Lemon Chiffon puddings. The gelatins are there as well and the meal replacement bars.
If you buy 79$ worth it's free shipping. And at check out put in SAVE10 in the coupon code for another 10% off. I just ordered and got 9 boxes for 80$ so a 19$ saving if I had bought 9 boxes @ 11$/box from MRC. It can certainly add up over time!
Thanks - but now I have to ask - does your center notice that you aren't buying enough HNS from them? My center is always nagging me to buy things, I've had to get firm with them...
Old 03-16-2008, 01:35 AM   #608  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
3monkeysmomma - I'm not sure if you have ever tried it but my mom and sister both take St. John's Wort for nerves and mood. I have seen the effect in my mom and my sister swears by the results. Its all natural, you get it at GNC, and it really mellow's your mood and helps with nerves.

Just a thought.
Be REALLY careful with ST. John's Wort - it can mess with other meds - for example, birth control pills...
Old 03-16-2008, 01:36 AM   #609  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
On the subject of anxiety, 5HTP is supposed to help too. It's some form of tryptophan (think turkey).

Jewelie: I appreciated your daily rundown. I forget I can use the HNS to stretch a meal. The gap between lunch and dinner about kills me, so I might try having my mid-afternoon HNS at my lunch time and then having lunch a little later. Thanks to you and a big 'duh' from me

I had a great WI this morning. FINALLY got out of the half pound WIs and lost 2 pounds since Tuesday - which put me past the half way point. Whew! These last ten pounds have not been easy ones. Hopefully I'm back on track.
Awesome, Bomaze! Halfway!!

On the subject of eating times - I write down the time I eat on my food diary, and I have found that at about 4 hours out I start getting hungry again...
Old 03-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #610  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
I have trained for 7 weeks.....you should google Couch 2 5K
This is an awesome program that will get you to run the whole 3 miles in 8 weeks! It is the best, you can download podcasts that have music and cues you when to walk and when to run or you can just print the plan and do it yourself. No treadmill required, just get out and go!
Good for you ... I can't run though, and its not just because my Knees are bad - its the whole boob thing. Right now I am in a G cup - I don't expect to get down any lower than a D even when I hit goal (a C cup would be AWESOME, but dream on...)
Old 03-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #611  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Just a quick post. I use the formula of half your body weight in ounces (for examples, at 200 lbs, I would drink 100 oz of water, I'm still drinking that amount) - it comes pretty close to the 64 oz + 8 for every 25 lbs you are over. Don't forget the extra 8 ounces for every 15 min of exercise too.

A small victory today. In the initial letter to myself, I wrote down the things I was looking forward too when I got to a healthier weight. I parasailed in Dec. Today, I got to achieve another item. I got to buy a bra from Victoria Secret!! I was always way too big to shop there before. My college age daughter was with me, I just about cried. Major victory and I'm glad she was the one to share it with me.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:16 AM   #612  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Oh my. Oh my. Oh my.

First off, I do not have the time or energy to read through all eleventy million pages you guys have posted since I have been gone. I will try to get caught up tomorrow but man, that could be a whole day project!

Secondly, I'm back from Vegas. And I'm scared to death to go to the center on Monday to weigh in. I had NO willpower. I said I was going to eat OP and just "give" myself the break on alcohol but that was out the window with my first meal there.

I have come to the realization that I have to be in total control of my food. It's why I have been so good about staying on plan up until now. But not being able to prepare my own meals, I just completely caved at every meal. Fries, burgers, chicken strips, big ol' sandwiches... I'm ashamed at what all I ate!

Tomorrow will be back 100% on plan and I will just have to hope and pray that when I weigh in on Monday, it's not as bad as I fear it will be. I'm holding on to a lot of water right now (my ankles are HUGE) so I'm going to flush, flush, flush with water and B6 tomorrow.

Off to bed. I'm beat!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #613  
Lori

Default Gallstones

Searched around the 3FC website again tonight. I know we talked about gallstones awhile back, but on this website I found some good info. If you'd like to check it out go to: http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...nd_Gallstones/
Old 03-16-2008, 02:52 AM   #614  
Lori

Default New Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Oh my. Oh my. Oh my.

First off, I do not have the time or energy to read through all eleventy million pages you guys have posted since I have been gone. I will try to get caught up tomorrow but man, that could be a whole day project!

Secondly, I'm back from Vegas. And I'm scared to death to go to the center on Monday to weigh in. I had NO willpower. I said I was going to eat OP and just "give" myself the break on alcohol but that was out the window with my first meal there.

I have come to the realization that I have to be in total control of my food. It's why I have been so good about staying on plan up until now. But not being able to prepare my own meals, I just completely caved at every meal. Fries, burgers, chicken strips, big ol' sandwiches... I'm ashamed at what all I ate!

Tomorrow will be back 100% on plan and I will just have to hope and pray that when I weigh in on Monday, it's not as bad as I fear it will be. I'm holding on to a lot of water right now (my ankles are HUGE) so I'm going to flush, flush, flush with water and B6 tomorrow.

Off to bed. I'm beat!
Angierue
Hope you had a good time! Sorry to hear you had a hard time with food choices. But as you said, you're back and in control of making your meals again! Put it behind you and move forward - you can do it!
Have to admit, I haven't gone out to eat with my friends since I started plan because I'm nervous about my food choices. I cave to my favorite foods so easy! Anything greasy and sweet screams my name.
Have a good rest of your weekend.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #615  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Default Continue on to Take XII

It's time to start a new thread

Go to Metabolic Research Center - Take XII
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...83#post2101983

See ya all there
Closed Thread