Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #571  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
How many menus are there? I am on the green menu right now. What comes next? Do you go down to another menu at a certain weight? And another question out of curosity, what all is added back during stabilization and or maintenance?
After the green menu it's stabilization. By the time you get through stabilization you've added in about 350 calories worth of dairy, fruit & starch servings. For women, at least - men probably add in more calories. But I don't know for sure about that.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #572  
Em

[QUOTE=jeweliek;2100172]She was in our center this morning and gave away free books.....she has a new one

100 days of Weight Loss....it has daily assignments that you journal to keep you on task and with the diet that you choose.

QUOTE]

I have that one too, bought it at the same time I got her other book on half.com. I'm not real good on following through on all the steps, and depending on the reader some will feel more applicable than others, but both are good food for thought.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 AM   #573  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Meemo
Have you ever added the oatmeal to it? I have a recipe that asks for the oatmeal in with basically the same thing you have cottage cheese, water, ice....etc.
Just curious if you or anyone else has tried this?
No, I usually just have a piece of cinnamon toast with it. I've thought about it, just never did it.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:19 AM   #574  
Em

[QUOTE=bomaze;2100132]On the subject of anxiety, 5HTP is supposed to help too. It's some form of tryptophan (think turkey).
QUOTE]

I really like 5HTP - helps with sleep at night, and while I don't have any particular anxiety issues (knock on wood) it does seem to help with mood & appetite stabilization. You can get it at MRC but it's one of those that's a lot cheaper at Target.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #575  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I've been walking on my treadmill 1.5 to 2 miles every other night. Is this good or bad? I haven't asked my center. But seems some of you have been told NOT to exercise and some of you do quite a LOT of exercise. I just wanna be doing the right thing and I keep forgetting to ask my center.

I just wanna get rid of the flab on my belly and the dimples on my butt so baaaddd!
I think all centers advocate exercise, it's just a matter of how much. I was never told to limit mine (and I wrote down every day that I walked and did weights in the margin of my food sheets). Some people have been told to limit it to a certain number of minutes or hours per week. What you're doing should be just fine, though. Keep it up!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #576  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Meemo..where'd you get that "Shake & Take"? I had a cup from the vitamin store and it got thrown out b/c it didn't work and then I have this other whirly whisky cup thing and it doesn't work..I usually shake in a regular plastic cup with a lid but it doesn't always get the bits out.
DD got it for me for Christmas at Sharper Image, after I saw it in a catalog - http://www.sharperimagebest.com/ip700.html - but I've seen them online for cheaper other places since then. Google "Shake 'n Take" & you'll find it at amazon & other sites. I don't use it for my HNS, still use my Tupperware shaker for those, but this is great for smoothies (advertised as a "personal smoothy maker", you can drink right out of the blender container.

Last edited by Meemo; 03-15-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:55 AM   #577  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Ok, I tried to put my picture up--- I look so 50 and wrinkly--ughh.. The wrinkles really popped up when the fat dropped..... oh well, guess I would rather be wrinkly....
You look great! I've started really noticing wrinkles too, dang it. And my neck - just like the book title - "I Feel Bad About My Neck"! (AKA when did I develop my mom's neck?!?)
Old 03-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #578  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone

I've been lurking, reading, lurking, reading, reading, reading....... Sorry no time for writety/posty lately.
It's great to see some real faces for avatars. You all look fantastic!!!
Looks like it's time for Take XII soon.

Oreo~ Beta Alanine isn't for leg cramps. You use to be able to take Quinine Sulfate for leg cramps at night, but that darn FDA put out a strong warning against it's use for that purpose. Something about people dying from fatal drug interactions. Funny though, they still use quinine sulfate in tonic water, but too small of an amount to be therapeutic or dangerous.

Namaste~ You have me crying one moment and laughing the next. I think you were being too hard on yourself when you started skiping meals and going back to your old ways. Be patient with yourself. You have so much to be proud of. I too have worried about if I will go back to the way I was. I have yo yoed so many times. I'm just taking one day at a time, and trying to be kinder to myself. I really believe in this program, and feel that I will be so much stronger in my resolve to live a permanent healthy lifestyle as I continue with the MRC weight loss plan and complete the maintenance program.

ShineOn~ Thanks for the PM. Congrats on One-derland!!! Love your new avatar! You look wonderful. I am so happy that you and JanT are back on the fat burnin wagon.

FYI, yes even Donuts plateaus every 3 to 4 weeks. It's just part of the process. I can't complain too much. Afterall, I've lost over 135 pounds by moving past those darn plateaus. The life reward is sooo worth it!!!!

I just bought a 20 lb. weighted vest for walking. Oh, Baby!!! I can really feel it in my calf muscles. It's hard to believe I use to carry around more than 6 vests worth of fat. I also had an ah ha moment while taking a walk. I saw my shadow. I wasn't sure it was mine, because is was so skinny.

Congrats to everyones weight loss successes. There is so much fat burnin, I can't keep up. Keep it up!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #579  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
Just got back from WI and I only lost 1/2 a pound. I'm feeling very very discouraged....I know intellectually there is a H2O plateau around day 5 - 7 (I'm on day 6) but I have only lost 1 lb. since the 4.5 I lost in the first 3 days of the pre conditioning ......I know I should be ecstatic with the 5.5 lb loss in just 13 days but I guess I was expecting more this time.

Anyways, my center says just keep plugging along and to be honest I'm not to the point where I am ready to quit....in fact I had an excellent fish taco for dinner and am very excited about finding that recipe - just discouraged about my low number.....

Now that I have it typed out I realize that 5.5 lbs in 13 days really is good and I need to get over it....but I am sure all you ladies have been there.....keep you posted.....
Don't get discouraged. We have all been there and then the next wi or maybe even the next will be great! DO NOT GIVE UP! The program works and you will be able to be successful. THINK POSITIVE AND KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR GOAL! It will happen!

I would like to "chime in" on the breakfast thing. I have never been a breakfast person. I have to be at work at 7:15 so I bought some of the MRC replacement bars. You can only have 3 per week so 1 box will last 2 weeks. On the other days I take melba toast and cheese. On the weekends, I have an egg and a cheese tortilla. Just a thought.

graduathin and shineon Love the pics. You guys are beautiful! I am going to try to get mine on in the next few days!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #580  
Pat

gotta lose it My prayers are going all the way to Iraq with you. Thank you so much for what you are doing over there. Here's some 3F angels to carry with you.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #581  
Pat

rockijamesThe water is very important. It helps your metabolism too! It was very hard for me at the beginning. Now I drink 64+ oz everyday without even thinking about it. I bought a 32 oz "H2O on the Go" thingy at Wal-Mart. 2 of those everyday and you are done! They have them in all the neat easter colors right now.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #582  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Is that the little jug that looks like a water cooler bottle but a small version? If so, I had one and got rid of it b/c I could never drink all that. maybe that's different though. I'll look @ WalMart today. Thanks. However, I can get 64 oz (albeit grudgingly) but I thought we were really supposed to get 80+ oz of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
rockijamesThe water is very important. It helps your metabolism too! It was very hard for me at the beginning. Now I drink 64+ oz everyday without even thinking about it. I bought a 32 oz "H2O on the Go" thingy at Wal-Mart. 2 of those everyday and you are done! They have them in all the neat easter colors right now.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #583  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Happy Saturday, gang-o!!!

graduatethin - Wrinkles, shminkles - that's what I say! You look FANTASTIC!! I am also IN LOVE with your haircut. There was a girl on Oprah yesterday with your haircut, and I told my husband that if I thought I would look good in that haircut, I would do it, but I kind of feel like my longer hair is my security blanket right now. ...but you're making me think harder about how freeing it would be to cut it all off. I think you look GREAT!

jewliek - By the time you read this, you will probably have run your 5k (at least I'm assuming that you run the whole thing?) I SOOOO admire you for doing that, and I can't wait to hear how it went. YOU INSPIRE ME!!!

shineon - You, too, look WONDERFUL! There is no way that you have grown kids...you look SO YOUNG! When people see you, they just automatically smile, don't they? It's because you have that approachable spirit that just shines from the inside on out! Your avator name is perfect for you. BTW, I, too, decided to set my goal lower - that's why I'm still going. I want my BMI to read at a healthy level, so I'm still trying to lose another six pounds.

gotta_lose_it - You will be in my prayers!! Thank you SO MUCH for what you are doing. I ADMIRE YOU!

rockijames - You are SO GOOD about posting to everybody here. That says a lot about you as a person!! You must be a FANTASTIC, nurturing mom.

3monkeysmomma - I'm a hugger, and I am sending you my biggest, fiercest, all-comforting hug. Your story totally broke my heart. And look at you...you've grown into a beautiful, caring woman. We're all here for you.

Well, I hit another plateau, but it hasn't really bothered me (much.) I only lost one pound last week, but I know that I'll get to my personal goal once I start stabilization. I go to the stabilization party on March 25th, so that will be fun, I think!

Everyone have a wonderful Saturday! You all are the GREATEST!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #584  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
HappyDaisey: I don't know if this breakfast would appeal to you or not but I usually have this, idea is courtesy of the fabulous Meemo who always has great suggestions:
In the blender I put cottage cheese, 8oz water, a few ice cubes, orange HNS (I use the concentrate), vanilla extract, orange extract, sweetener if needed.
Zap for a few minutes and you have a beautifully blended orange julius smoothy. It's very filling and that with melba toast makes my breakfast. The cottage cheese comes out totally smooth so it's really like having another creamy. I just have a hard time eating first thing so this really works for me

This has been a really good week for me--at WI this morning I lost another pound so I'm down 5.5 pounds this week which is really unusual for me. I will look back fondly on this week in the future It certainly is motivation to keep on with the program.

Finz - Thanks for the Orange Julius recipe. I finally had a chance to try it this morning. I think I put too much H20 in it because it is a little runny and I didn't have any orange extract.....its a little bland because of these too things but as I get it down I can definitely taste the possibilities...Thanks so much for the recipe. I will definitely be trying it again tomorrow after I get the missing ingredients.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #585  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Is that the little jug that looks like a water cooler bottle but a small version? If so, I had one and got rid of it b/c I could never drink all that. maybe that's different though. I'll look @ WalMart today. Thanks. However, I can get 64 oz (albeit grudgingly) but I thought we were really supposed to get 80+ oz of water.

Hey Rocki! I see those at Walgreens usually. Walmart is so vast that I sometimes have a hard time finding stuff. They are usually in some kind of display rather than in some kind of designated spot.

I'll tell you what I do, about every two weeks or so, I go and buy a couple of Dasani one liter bottles of water and I keep refilling them. My office has a water cooler. It's pretty funny the ladies I work with make fun of me b/c I come in with about five or six empty water bottle and refill them and carry them out in my little plastic bag! I drink at least three a day, more if I exercise. There are water bottles rolling all around my van at any given time. It's really pretty funny. Three liters is 96 oz.

ok on a different topic. I have had a headache for almost a week. Not horrible, but enough to make me concerned. It's right across my forehead above my eyebrows and it's like a burning kind of feeling. Do you think that this is weight loss related? Has anyone else had a headache? I have been on program for over a month, so I kinda expected that any side effects would go away.

AND I think I am beginning a plateau. So HappyDaisy, I'm with ya, sister!!! I will have a better gauge of it on Monday when I wi again. And it is frustrating, I actually told my counselor at the center that it makes me want to go eat a cheeseburger and say "forget it!!" But just remember how freaking expensive this whole thing was...I know there are better reasons, but I think that a problem we tend to have is that we get to where we don't care about what is happening to our bodies b/c it feels good at that moment, instant gratification...I know I have a real problem with it...as most of America does. So I have to use the money thing as motivation. BUT if you can remind yourself that you deserve to be thin and healthy, that's really a much better option!! And if you can't, welll, come here!! We will remind you!!

I feel like I've been kinda scattered in my thought processes, so if I seemed that way, I'm sorry!

HUGS TO EVERYONE!!!
Christie
Closed Thread