Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #511  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

HappyDaisey: I don't know if this breakfast would appeal to you or not but I usually have this, idea is courtesy of the fabulous Meemo who always has great suggestions:
In the blender I put cottage cheese, 8oz water, a few ice cubes, orange HNS (I use the concentrate), vanilla extract, orange extract, sweetener if needed.
Zap for a few minutes and you have a beautifully blended orange julius smoothy. It's very filling and that with melba toast makes my breakfast. The cottage cheese comes out totally smooth so it's really like having another creamy. I just have a hard time eating first thing so this really works for me

This has been a really good week for me--at WI this morning I lost another pound so I'm down 5.5 pounds this week which is really unusual for me. I will look back fondly on this week in the future It certainly is motivation to keep on with the program.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #512  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Finz: 5.5 pounds- that is great!! Good for you!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #513  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
This has been a really good week for me--at WI this morning I lost another pound so I'm down 5.5 pounds this week which is really unusual for me. I will look back fondly on this week in the future It certainly is motivation to keep on with the program.

Congrats!!!! Great week for you!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #514  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Thank you ShineOn
I really want to take some of their classes but I live 45 miles away from Lubbock where the MRC is. I have a driving phobia, a major major major fear of driving in any city except my own hometown. My husband is off on Fridays so he takes me to the MRC. I can't get there any other time to go to any classes, I'd like to take some of the cooking ones and some of the eating disorder/emotional eating ones but I can't. I think they have some classes on Saturdays but I don't think my hubby would want to spend his Saturday there, lol, maybe i could talk him into it, I'll see which classes they offer on Saturdays.

gasoline is $3.17 here!! What is it like where everyone else lives?
There's a book lots of the MRC centers are using for some of their classes: Life is Hard, Food is Easy by Linda Spangle. Since you aren't close to a center you might want to pick up a copy. I got one recently, haven't finished it yet but it seems pretty good. You can get used copies on half.com (that's where I got mine).
Gas here in CA was 3.48 yesterday, I think, and that's on the base where DD lives. Not sure what it was offbase but I'm sure it's even more. I'll have to pay attention when we go out today, my husband will be interested.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #515  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta lose it View Post
I have a few questions. I'm getting ready to deploy soon. I was asked by the clinic if I wanted to just start stabilization, continue as best I could and contact them by e-mail while I'm gone, or be put on hold until I return. I still have 22 pounds to lose. How does stabilization work? Is it feasible to continue while deployed and just stay in contact via e-mail with the center? How much do you lose during stabilization? What, in your opinion, is the better thing to do?

Also, I need a few pointers on what to do for the plane trip. It's going to take me a couple days to get there, with all the stops we have to make and I'm quite nervous about food options. I know I can bring some food on the plane, and of course HNS's, but a couple days worth??? Also, after I get there, it's going to be cafeteria type food - What then? I asked someone who was there now and they said the food is horrible (maybe I won't want to eat). It's things like goulash, burgers, and junk like that. HELP!

Any ideas or help would be appreciated! Thanks!
The average loss during stabilization is about 7 lbs, I think.
I think it just depends on how you want to do it - but you should probably be able to at least maintain (while you're on hold) while you're gone. Take a good supply of whey protein powder & hopefully you can find some Crystal Lite or something (you could take the powder & make your own, even). SIL has done well when he's been deployed, he went on the Abs Diet last time & managed to eat on it. Lots of salad, I guess, and chicken. But that all depends on where you're going & probably what service you're in. MRE's certainly wouldn't be MRC friendly tho!
I think I'd be tempted to go on hold & just do the best I could to maintain or lose, then I'd have the option of finishing up when I got back & going through stabilization with their support then. That's my 2 cents worth.
And by the way, in case I don't get a chance to say it later, thanks for your service. My husband is retired AF, SIL is active duty AF now, and we appreciate you!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #516  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
HappyDaisey: I don't know if this breakfast would appeal to you or not but I usually have this, idea is courtesy of the fabulous Meemo who always has great suggestions:
In the blender I put cottage cheese, 8oz water, a few ice cubes, orange HNS (I use the concentrate), vanilla extract, orange extract, sweetener if needed.
Zap for a few minutes and you have a beautifully blended orange julius smoothy. It's very filling and that with melba toast makes my breakfast. The cottage cheese comes out totally smooth so it's really like having another creamy. I just have a hard time eating first thing so this really works for me

Thanks Finz - This sounds really really good. I think I will try it tomorrow - can you or Meemo tell me how much cottage cheese?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #517  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
Thanks Finz - This sounds really really good. I think I will try it tomorrow - can you or Meemo tell me how much cottage cheese?
For me it's 4 oz (what I'm allowed on the green menu or maintenance).
Not sure about those who are on the beige menu - whatever you're allowed. You can also use half your ycottage cheese allowance & half your egg allowance (or the pasteurized egg whites if you're nervous about raw eggs).
And again I'll plug the "Shake & Take" smoothie maker - that thing is awesome! I can't wait to get back to mine - I almost brought it with me LOL!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #518  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
I've noticed that too, maybe it's because the food isn't so blah and you want to eat more. When all I had to look forward to was cottage cheese and a big honkin salad, I wasn't so enthused about it. But, now I get CHICKEN!
It sure feels better to know I'm not the only one! Hopefully that is it. I could be a vegetarian if I just didn't love chicken & turkey so freakin' much! I don't like most other meats, so this diet doesn't seem like such a drag to me. I tried a diet once that had tuna as the only meat - and you had to eat a whole can! I don't mind tuna...with mayo, some pickles, etc... but plain, no way...I gagged every time...lasted 3 days!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #519  
Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Thank you ShineOn
I really want to take some of their classes but I live 45 miles away from Lubbock where the MRC is. I have a driving phobia, a major major major fear of driving in any city except my own hometown. My husband is off on Fridays so he takes me to the MRC. I can't get there any other time to go to any classes, I'd like to take some of the cooking ones and some of the eating disorder/emotional eating ones but I can't. I think they have some classes on Saturdays but I don't think my hubby would want to spend his Saturday there, lol, maybe i could talk him into it, I'll see which classes they offer on Saturdays.

gasoline is $3.17 here!! What is it like where everyone else lives?
I feel for ya...I remember how desolate West TX is. THAT'S where our daughter was born & I gained MUCH of my weight...and i only lived there 20 months - until I begged my hubby to bring me back home! Of course, adding 3 boys hasn't helped...but, I think it did start me on that fat track. I was bored, lonely, etc...

I also hate to drive in traffic... I have panic attacks and take meds for it. Xanax really helps. I had gotten so bad that I couldn't go out to eat without freaking out. Maybe that would help you? I didn't start meds until I was about 28. But, have had high anxiety since my mom left us when I was 11.

I need to get to some classes myself. I drive about 35 minutes to get to my MRC. Going today for a WI. PRAYING I've lost something...but not too confident... Gonna blame part of it on TOM, but I haven't stuck to plan as religously the past 1 1/5 days. Totally on today tho...but, I've only ate breakfast!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #520  
Crystal

I just wanna say Rockijames... Your new pic is beautiful! You look awesome! Do you REALIZE how inspirational you are!?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #521  
Crystal

Way To Go Finz!!! 5.5 Pounds Is Great!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #522  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
I am on the beige menu which is the one where the protein portions for the most part are 6oz. So I use 6oz of cottage cheese. I believe when you get under 200 you go to the 4oz portions on the next menu. I LOVE this breakfast shake, it's easy, and tastes wonderful
Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #523  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
There's a book lots of the MRC centers are using for some of their classes: Life is Hard, Food is Easy by Linda Spangle. Since you aren't close to a center you might want to pick up a copy. I got one recently, haven't finished it yet but it seems pretty good. You can get used copies on half.com (that's where I got mine).

Thanks I wrote that book down, I can definatley do some serious book reading (I have lots of free time), they didn't mention certain books at the MRC. Thanks Meemo.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #524  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I also hate to drive in traffic... I have panic attacks and take meds for it. Xanax really helps. I had gotten so bad that I couldn't go out to eat without freaking out. Maybe that would help you? !
I was on xanax when I quit smoking, I used CHantix and xanax (it worked though!) When I decided to stop taking the xanax I went through withdrawl from that, the doc put me on lunesta after that to help me sleep, I forgot to take one one night and tossed and turned all night, I decided it was too addicting as well so quit that too (didnt sleep a wink for the next week) I have quit smoking and quit dr peppers, sugar, caffeine, xanax, lunesta lol I don't want anything else addicting in me. I'm tired of quitting, lol. This is the first time since I was 13 that I can honeslty say I am not addicted to anything. ( I did love the way the xanax made me all chilled out and stuff though, definatley curbed the freaking out.

I go WI today, hoping it will be good motivation news, also think I'm gonna have to break down and try the hot chocolate, I am needing some chocolate in a serious no bull kind of way!
Old 03-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #525  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

How many menus are there? I am on the green menu right now. What comes next? Do you go down to another menu at a certain weight? And another question out of curosity, what all is added back during stabilization and or maintenance?
Closed Thread