Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #466  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Oh yeah,
Thank goodness for the creamies. I have really missed my coffee. I love coffee with alot of creamer. So when I started MRC I had to give it up. But now I just add a little to my decaf and I almost feel like my old self. Just a few pounds thinner.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #467  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
Golly girls...I didn't think I was off the board that long. Ya'll are burning it up. I've tried to catch up and almost have.

Anyway, I have a dressing room story of my own. I went to buy some new pants for a picture and I decided I would take in a 14p and a 12p. I looked at those 12P and they looked awful small to me. I said if these things fit I am going to cry right here in the dressing room. They fit. I looked in the mirror and said is that me? I was so happy...I did cry. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you friends.

I hope everyone has a terrific rest of the week!
I never cry in the dressing room because I CAN fit into clothes I always cry because I CAN'T fit into the sizes I think I should be able to......I can't even tell you how loud I would scream and yell if I could fit into a size 12 - I could start shopping in normal stores again - I would be able to get out of Lane Bryant (No offense to Lane Bryant - If I hadn't finally found them I would have to go to work everyday in stretch pants - and they totally saved my self esteem when I got to my heaviest!!! I would never have made it through this last year) but if I could shop again at a department store or even Kohl's I would be ecstatic!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #468  

Default Moving.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Sorry, I have been so busy this week that I have not been able to chat. It took me two days to catch up with you guys. I'm new at all the board stuff, but I'll get the hang of it.
I have had a really hard week. My husband came home Monday and said that we are going to have to move this summer. His job is going to move him and we don't know where yet. My first thought was " What will MRC do?"
I'm also scared because we just bought a house,6 months ago, and now he wants to try to sell it. I have been so upset that I haven't been eating to good. I haven't eaten anything bad, I just haven't been eating much of anything. I'm trying. I'm afraid that he may lose his job.
Thanks for being part of my group therapy session today.
It will all work out. God is always in control!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your pending move and how upset you are about it....I think I said earlier that I have moved 4 times in the last 5 years for my job and believe me when I say I know what you are going through......

The only unsolicited advice I can offer is to put yourself on a schedule during the move. It is so stressful to move as it is and to add in the fact that you don't want to move makes it worse. Do you have any kids that are going to have to move with you? Luckily I don't so it was just me - but that can be bad too because I was able to justify just going to fast food instead of cooking

The one good think is that the internet is portable - we'll all be here for you during your move!!!! Keep you chin up and if there is anything you need, i.e. advice, morale support or a sympathetic ear, you know where to find me -

Perhaps it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise
Old 03-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #469  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
Any suggestions on what to put into the burrito.

Also, I can't seem to find a tortilla with low enough calories so I can eat them....do you know of a brand?
Look for LaTortilla Factory brand, they are not white. They look more like wraps. Have you ever tried Gouda cheese? I really like it, it comes in a little red round thing probably with the specialty cheeses (mine does anyway) Ijust shred some gouda cheese (2oz) put it on tortilla and nuke for few seconds and put a scrambled egg in it, if you can't find 50 cal tortillas then use 100 cal ones and cut them in half.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #470  

Default Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Look for LaTortilla Factory brand, they are not white. They look more like wraps. Have you ever tried Gouda cheese? I really like it, it comes in a little red round thing probably with the specialty cheeses (mine does anyway) Ijust shred some gouda cheese (2oz) put it on tortilla and nuke for few seconds and put a scrambled egg in it, if you can't find 50 cal tortillas then use 100 cal ones and cut them in half.
Thanks a ton 3monkeysmomma!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #471  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I had a very satisfying supper, I bought some Grill Mates Seafood Rub, then I rubbed some chicken breast with a little evoo then rubbed on the rub(not just for seafood ), I baked 4 breasts at 350 for about 20 minutes or so. (So now I have enough for three more meals) Then sauteed some green peppers and mushrooms (made extra for later meals) Then I took a La Tortilla Factory Wrap, cut it in half because this kind was 100 calories each, kinda lightly toastes it in pan and put 2 oz cottage cheese on it then nuked few seconds, the put 4 oz chicken in it with peppers and mushrooms, the flavor of the chicken was surprisingly good and the cottage cheese took care of the dry factor, had to eat it with a fork but tha's ok. Had some steamed zucchini with it.

That sounds good, but (and I'm just going by my menu) I don't think you are supposed to have cottage cheese for dinner so you may want to check on that. Fine for lunch though
Old 03-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #472  

Default Safflower Oil

I know someone was wondering where to find this - but I can't find the thread so....

I had a really hard time finding this also. I finally found it at New Season's Market but they also have it at Whole Foods and some Trader Joe's have it as well....I'm not sure if you have any of those near your homes...Also they had it at Fred Meyer (own's Kroger) so if you have a Kroger near you they might have it. You might also want to try any cooking specialty stores too like Williams Sonoma, Sur La Table or Home Chef (these are all really really $$$ but they would probably have them)

Just some suggestions.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #473  
MRC Repeat Offender

namaste: What can I say but

zackzmom: Sorry to hear about the move--is there an MRC where you are going? If not, they will do mail order and of course you can order HNS from other websites so you can stay on the program. We just moved last year and fingers crossed that's the last time we do that!

Last edited by Finz; 03-13-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #474  

Default Other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
namaste: What can I say but

zackzmom: Sorry to hear about the move--is there an MRC where you are going? If not, they will do mail order and of course you can order HNS from other websites so you can stay on the program. We just moved back from England last year and fingers crossed that's the last time we do that!
I know we aren't supposed to use links in our messages - but can someone point me in the right direction for other places to get HNS? I looked at mydietshopz and found some similar drinks but they all had a lot more sodium than the ones we buy at MRC. Are those the ones people are talking about or did I not find the right ones. Can you give me names? 5 for $55 is stretching my bank account.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #475  
MRC Repeat Offender

Quote:
I know we aren't supposed to use links in our messages - but can someone point me in the right direction for other places to get HNS? I looked at mydietshopz and found some similar drinks but they all had a lot more sodium than the ones we buy at MRC. Are those the ones people are talking about or did I not find the right ones. Can you give me names? 5 for $55 is stretching my bank account.
I use dietdirect. The wonderslim fruit drinks are just like MRC ones and the protidiet fruit concentrates are exactly the same as MRC--the packages are virtually identical except for the MRC name. Protidiet also has the same Fruit Punch, Pineapple Cocktail, Pink Lemonade. If click on puddings & shakes category on that website, they also have the Double Chocolate, Vanilla Creme & Lemon Chiffon puddings. The gelatins are there as well and the meal replacement bars.
If you buy 79$ worth it's free shipping. And at check out put in SAVE10 in the coupon code for another 10% off. I just ordered and got 9 boxes for 80$ so a 19$ saving if I had bought 9 boxes @ 11$/box from MRC. It can certainly add up over time!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #476  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Safflower Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Lori..I still haven't found the Safflower oil. I've checked 2 or 3 Publix stores and the WM supercenter the center said would have it. Our "Greenwise" sections over here are kind of limited. I'll check a few more and then I'll have to drive over there! What store did you get yours at, do you remember the location?? Mine said they had it but they did a reset and stopped selling it. Whatever! UGH.
Rocki,
Love your new pic! Glad you were down another pound. woohoo!

I bought the safflower oil at the Publix in Lutz at the apex. (where Florida Ave & Nebraska meet) If you take either street and head north you'll find it. Otherwise, let me know and I'll buy one for you and maybe I can meet you closer to your side of town. I work at Tampa General (Davis Island) so maybe we could meet somewhere around there. (maybe shorter drive for you - if so, send me a private message so we can work it out) I have to work tonight and tomorrow night so I probably won't check posts again until Saturday.

I checked the Joann's in Citrus Park today and they didn't have chocolate or strawberry extract. This weekend I'll try Michael's.

Have a great night!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #477  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Talking Thanks For The Laugh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Theft Problem IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago.....

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #478  

Default Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I use dietdirect. The wonderslim fruit drinks are just like MRC ones and the protidiet fruit concentrates are exactly the same as MRC--the packages are virtually identical except for the MRC name. Protidiet also has the same Fruit Punch, Pineapple Cocktail, Pink Lemonade. If click on puddings & shakes category on that website, they also have the Double Chocolate, Vanilla Creme & Lemon Chiffon puddings. The gelatins are there as well and the meal replacement bars.
If you buy 79$ worth it's free shipping. And at check out put in SAVE10 in the coupon code for another 10% off. I just ordered and got 9 boxes for 80$ so a 19$ saving if I had bought 9 boxes @ 11$/box from MRC. It can certainly add up over time!
Finz - Thanks so much for the info. I am definately going to order...I really appreciate it!!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #479  
MRC Repeat Offender

Quote:
Finz - Thanks so much for the info. I am definately going to order...I really appreciate it!!
I should have added that there are some other sites that people have recommended on here as well, I know Meemo has one and I *think* maybe Rocki has as well so you may want to scroll through and see if you can find their sites as well. I've been happy with this one so haven't tried other ones.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #480  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Namaste -- Finz -- Can you please send me the metaquick menu as I visit the Shalimar office as well and they don't do that particular menu.

Is the metaquick menu very different from the green menu at dinner? I know you do shakes and bars (does that include a HNS and the shake or bar)? Someone else said you are limited on the proteins and fruits as well. I had asked at the Shalimar office as well, but they don't like the metaquick. I am at a plateu. 1.5 lbs in 14days... I need to try something. I think as I get closer to the end it is definitly harder to lose.Thanks.
Closed Thread