3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Metabolic Research Center - Take XI

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #31

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

ShineOn!! I have been wondering about you, I have even gone so far as to look for your name on the sign up sheet at the center. I am glad to hear you are doing so well, but wow! you have been busy. Glad you are back! Congrats on the 60 pound board!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Oreoparent: Do you use the liquid minerals? I was having terrible cramps in my feet and calves, but as long as I keep taking the liquid minerals, I am much better. Just a thought.

I have a little reason to celebrate too: Whoo hoo!! I signed the 50 pound board tonight and reached my goal. I actually lost 1.5 this week. So, my goal of 50 by my 50th birthday is mine!! I am so happy!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #32

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Can't believe that is my ticker!!! Just had to share! You all have to believe it will happen for you! What a feeling! I will be even happier when it has been a year and I am still at this weight!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #33
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Way to go graduatethin

We are all celebrating with you!

One for every 5 pounds lost:

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
- Anatole France
Old 03-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #34
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Can't believe that is my ticker!!! Just had to share! You all have to believe it will happen for you! What a feeling! I will be even happier when it has been a year and I am still at this weight!
This is SUCH great news, congratulations! I am 47 and my goal is to be Fit at Fifty... and I'm starting to believe it will really happen!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #35
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Congrats graduate! I can't wait to be where you are.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #36
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I have a little reason to celebrate too: Whoo hoo!! I signed the 50 pound board tonight and reached my goal. I actually lost 1.5 this week. So, my goal of 50 by my 50th birthday is mine!! I am so happy!!

WHOO-HOO!! A huge CONGRATS!!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #37
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

ShineOn - I don't know you but WOOHOO on signing that board and for recovering so quickly from your cruise. I'm in Vegas next week and am soooo worried about what that will do. I'm kind of trying to prepare myself by saying that I'll gain 5 lbs (mostly water, hopefully) and will be able to lose it quickly.

Donuts - Thanks for the info on the muscle soreness! I will have to pick some of that up asap! And I know it's hard but try not to let the "concern" of others effect your goals. These are YOUR goals, not theirs. Remember that first packet of information you got when you started that talked about the "Feeders"? While they might not be trying to feed you, there's a good chance that your success could have some people taking a closer look at themselves. We're always here to tell you to keep on keepin' on so remember that when you think the pressure of others might be getting you down a bit.

graduatethin - That is just awesome! So happy that you made your goal!!! That is just awesome.

Ugh, I know I'm skipping people y'all post so quickly!

Thanks for the comments on my blog. That picture still gets me cracking up.

Met with the trainer again today and we worked on upper body. I swear, I have so much energy when I'm done! I just love it. I'm meeting him again at 6am on Thursday. This is a personal challenge for me because I am a total night owl and have the WORST time getting up in the morning. I truly hope I can get myself out of bed and to the gym. I will be setting every alarm in my house to make sure I do!!!

Got a business luncheon tomorrow and I have no idea what the menu is. I'm sure there will be chicken (there's always chicken at these things) but I hope there's plenty of veggie choices. I'm probably going to take a fat/carb blocker as well just in case and I'll grab a meal replacement bar before I leave the house in the morning too.

Good luck to whoever weighs in tomorrow!

Second Mini Goal - 275

MRC Preconditioning - 2/10/08
MRC Beige Menu - 2/16/08
Bye-bye 300's!!!! (5/22/08)
Bye-bye 290's!!!! (6/23/08)
Old 03-05-2008, 12:41 AM   #38
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for all the sweet comments. I missed ya'll too. Goal4Life, you have been rockin!! As I was reading through thread 9, I could see how far you came because your ticker showed your now weight. You are losing so fast - I'm really excited for you. graduatethin, hey Bellevue buddy I am jumping up and down and clapping for you right now !!! I'm so excited that you hit the 50 lb mark before your 50th. You looked fantastic last month. You'll have to teach me how to shop in the skinny section now! angierue, well, you may not "know me" but we're family now! You really sound like you are getting the hang of this quickly. I've been on plan since 31 Aug, but I've taken 3 cruises and had a business trip to Vegas during this time! Some Vegas tips . . . Every restaurant was wonderful to me. There was nothing on the menu I could eat. I would descretly tell the wait staff that I was on a "restrictive diet due to health reasons". That was the magic phrase! They either recommended items on the menu or they custom made meals for me. They have so many fancy restaurants now and just sauce up everything. I would tell them I could eat chicken or fish with no butter or salt - but spices were ok. If it was lunch, I would request a fruit, even if it wasn't on the menu. And I brought melba toast for dinner. I had some wonderful grilled fish and some teriffic meals. I took some meal replacement bars for breakfast, but tried to eat a hard boiled egg or cheese sticks too. Pack your Melba toast and HNS. Then, we walked everywhere. We actually walked faster than the cabs could travel. I came back after 5 days and had lost 2.5 lbs. You'll do great, just get the wait staff on your side. It sounds like your blog is a hoot. I'll have to check it out!

Business has been teriffic in our area. My husband and I have listed 3 houses and sold 4 since Friday. Will I ever get to unpack . . . . . Good night all.

Find me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...50&ref=profile
Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #39
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

I haven't gotten my menu yet but I will be on the biege one, I am just curious if we can have sweet potatoes? Can anyone tell me?

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #40
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
ShineOn!! I have been wondering about you, I have even gone so far as to look for your name on the sign up sheet at the center. I am glad to hear you are doing so well, but wow! you have been busy. Glad you are back! Congrats on the 60 pound board!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Oreoparent: Do you use the liquid minerals? I was having terrible cramps in my feet and calves, but as long as I keep taking the liquid minerals, I am much better. Just a thought.

Yep, I use liquid minerals everyday.
Congrats on your goal grauatethin! Congrats on reaching onederlad Shineon. I hope to be there soon!

Long-Term Goal
Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #41
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I haven't gotten my menu yet but I will be on the biege one, I am just curious if we can have sweet potatoes? Can anyone tell me?

3monkeysmomma
no, sweet potatoes are a carb, and the beige menu only has a really small list of starch/carbs to choose from, and unfortunately there are no forms of potatoes on it. I actually don't think any of the menus have potatoes on them. I think you get those back in stabilization/maintence.

Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization

Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...
Old 03-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #42

S/C/G: 232/232/160

Hi all - I want to thank every single person on this board who shares their struggles and successes because it has helped me focus on doing this diet right this time. I started last fall and quit after a week due to my job - had to travel, etc. I restarted on Saturday 2/23 for 3 days preconditioning and started the program Tuesday 2/26. Weighed in yesterday 3/4 and I've lost 7 1/2 lbs! Several times when I'd have a craving I'd come sign on and read some posts and be uplifted and tell myself to not give in - and so now I am feeling like I'm off and running!

Thank you all - this is a fantastic board!

Old 03-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #43
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Default feet cramps at night

oreoparent - I also use the Liquid Minerals daily. Although MRC has you take 2 oz., I actually went up to 3 oz. because I was having such terrible feet and leg cramps at night. I asked one of the girls at my center what to do about them, and she told me to go up to 3 oz., but not any more than that. I have been using the 3 oz. for months, and it has not helped at all, either. I was up 4 times last night with debilitating cramps. I also would like to know what to do.

Last edited by chopingirl : 03-05-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #44
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Someone asked if I told the MRC reps that I bought HNS from other sources. I just purchased Monday night and I haven't been to the center. However, I won't be telling them about it. I'm already getting a little irritated about them trying to sell me something different everytime I'm there (thermalgenics?? is the latest pitch). As long as I stick to my contract and buy enough from the center I'm not going to worry about it. I only bought HNS online that were the same as ones in the center so I don't have to worry about the ingredients differing.

Oh, 3monkeysmomma..I don't think there are sweet pototatoes, but I'm on the green menu, so maybe your menu will be different. As far as I know there are no potatoes.

Shineon..Way to go with your trip and move and all that's going on and still losing what you have! That's so motivating and encouraging for the rest of us as well.

Graduatethin..YAYYAYAYAYAYYA on the 50lbs. That is so awesome. Your ticker looks great!

I have a couple of questions.. Why can't I have coffee?? I'm really struggling with this one. Also, do the chocolate crispies replace anything or are we just allowed to have 2 a week as a snack?

Last edited by Rocki : 03-05-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #45
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

ShineOn Welcome Back! I've missed you!!! Glad you had fun on your cruise, and boy.... you have been really busy! Sounds like everything is going your way with work, and home! Congrats! Also!!!!!!!!!!! BIG Congrats on getting to Onderland! I'm so happy for you!

GraduateThin You made it! Congrats! This is just great!!! You are there!!!!

Angierue I just wanted to say that I love your blog! It is great!!!!

MidwestChick 7 1/2 lbs!!! Great job!!! You are moving!

I had class and WI last night. I got to sign the 70lb board so that was pretty nice! So, lately I just have been struggling and I have been trying to find a way to say it here but it's hard for me to even really understand so putting it down is difficult. I'm going to try so I apologize if I go on.... My issue prior to joining MRC was that I didn't eat regular meals, then when I would I ended up eating too much and making bad decisions about it (ie wouldn't eat breakfast and lunch, but would get home and have 2 plates of pasta and ice cream, etc...) So, I joined MRC and I have done fine. Never cheated, or ate off plan (did exactly what I was told ). A couple of weeks ago, I did metaquick for 7 days and it was so easy. I loved it. I was never hungy, I could have done it for a month. The issue was when it was time to go back to eating again, I starting skipping meals, not eating protein, etc. Ever since I haven't been able to totally get back to normal. Basically, one day I would "forget" to eat breakfast and lunch or not eat the protein for lunch or fall asleep before dinner, or things along those lines.... I'm almost there.... so far only 1 day this week did I not eat protein for lunch and the other day I had a shake for dinner instead of skipping it altogether but I feel defeated. I have some serious issues with the fact that I "thought" I had this whole thing all figured out (my mind, my body, my ego) and I was just moving on through this program and then I realized now that I don't have anything figured out at all!! I still have the same behavior issues I had before! I'm really frustrated, and angry with myself. I like to be in control, and I feel like I'm not. I could go on and on about how I "feel" about myself right now, but it's self-defeating and I need to move on. It's just very disappointing to realize that the issues are all still in the shadows lurking.

Thanks for letting me vent. Any ideas for helping me move on would be great because this is getting to be a bit of a pity party and again, I'm the only one attending the party.... it's kind of lonely!

Started Stabilization February 28th, 2009 at 170lbs

Total loss: 185lbs!

My blog:

it is what it is

NAMASTE
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me... we are One.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.