Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #286  
Tim

S/C/G: 381.8/353.2/236

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
You don't weigh as much as I do, that's where the difference is, they determine which menu you need to be on my how much you need to lose.

I am on the beige menu, it says at the top eat hard cheese at one meal only and then at supper mine says choose protein from group 3 (which is all the meats)

I don't want the yellow menu, lol I love eggs, but I could manage through it I guess I would eat 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwhich everyday, I like those too, we can totally do it.

3monkeysmomma
I got it now. Thanks for explaining it.

Last edited by Tim; 03-09-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #287  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
I have to share my little "yay me" moment from last night.
WOW I am impressed... great dedication! It will pay off!
Old 03-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #288  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Angierue:Way to go on those choices you made at the babyshower and after. You really showed some will power and I bet you felt so proud of yourself the morning after. It's those kind of moments that make us all know that it's possible to be successful on this program!
Old 03-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #289  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
lol@ angel. I'm afraid mine are going to go the other way, and that's where I'll lose it all .

I have to say, when I got my menu Friday, I almost cried. What happened to my eggs and oatmeal?! I actually did cry a little Saturday morning, but I persevered. Breakfast was okay, but for lunch, I had mixed my flax in with my cottage cheese and it turned all nasty. Then I couldn't choke down all that salad. I went out of town for dinner, but had a grilled chicken wrap from Sonic w/no dressing. So, I made it through day 1, only 3 more to go! And, I weighed in this morning and lost another 2 pounds, which brings me up to just shy of 5 pounds total. So, I'll keep it up, and I can start having my creamy supps on day 5, which will help the munchies .
I've really done well staying OP...but those pizza rolls the kids were snacking on did make me drool! I just want a little nibble...some flavorflav...!!!

I don't think I've lost any more weight...and I refuse to step on my scale...I feel bloated today.

I WI tomorrow at 5:30...

Crystal
Old 03-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #290  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Angierue: You will be there before you know it!!! You are doing great!!
OMGosh... I just realized how much weight you've lost! WONDERFUL! I waana be just like you!
Old 03-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #291  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

I went online hunting for Chicken recipes and thought I would share what I found, I posted them in the MRC recipes thread.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Blueyedangel: You will be there, just keep on going! You are on your way!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #293  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Ok so...when other people (non MRC) talk about inches lost, do they just talk waist measurements? Or what? Not total inches (from many areas) like we do? I post on the 20somethings board often, and this is a reply that I got recently. I was trying to figure out if maybe there was just some miscommunication...because I certainly wasn't just bored and making up NSVs!!

Originally Posted by CurvaceousCutie
Congrats, i just being my skeptical self lol, but where did u measure from, like what places? To me it doesn't seem real to be honest with you, you only lost 35lbs and u took off 47.25 inches how was that possible? I aeven asked my trainer if that was possible and he looked at me like i was crazy. Idk it just doesnt seem real. lol
Old 03-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #294  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
I post on the 20somethings board often, and this is a reply that I got recently. I was trying to figure out if maybe there was just some miscommunication...because I certainly wasn't just bored and making up NSVs!!

Originally Posted by CurvaceousCutie
Congrats, i just being my skeptical self lol, but where did u measure from, like what places? To me it doesn't seem real to be honest with you, you only lost 35lbs and u took off 47.25 inches how was that possible? I aeven asked my trainer if that was possible and he looked at me like i was crazy. Idk it just doesnt seem real. lol
Wow, that was rude of her. I would let her know that those results came from the MRC, not from you measuring yourself. Sounds like she is one of those types of people that don't like other people's success, what was the point of her posting that? How many inches you post does not effect her in any way. It would have upset me to. Years ago I was on Atkins and I was posting on an Atkins message board (not on this sight at all) and man the people on that board were just evil, it was like they took there carb craving frustration out on anyone on that message board, you couldn't post anything without them having something negative to say about it. Some people are just
Old 03-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #295  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I've really done well staying OP...but those pizza rolls the kids were snacking on did make me drool! I just want a little nibble...some flavorflav...!!!
I just wanted to ask you if you have become a big fan of Mrs. Dash? I have to have flavor... Mrs. Dash and Molly McButter are my best friends now... They really pep things up for me. great on chicken or fish...
Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #296  

Hey guys!

I've been reading the post....from threads X & XI and lots of congrats are in order! Ya'll know I'm avoiding anything to do with MRC, 3FC and the "D" word because I've been in cheat-land. February was a total disaster for me but I did rejoin and try and get back OP. I spent the last 5 days in Atlanta for software meetings and I blew it again.

Someone send me the quote about..... the past is over and focus on tomorrow??? I need to get focused!

JanT
Old 03-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #297  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Thanks for all the comments. It definitely was not easy, especially once we got to the bar, but I was proud of myself. Especially this morning when one of my friends sent me a text message that said, "I have the worst hangover ever" because I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Ok so...when other people (non MRC) talk about inches lost, do they just talk waist measurements? Or what? Not total inches (from many areas) like we do? I post on the 20somethings board often, and this is a reply that I got recently. I was trying to figure out if maybe there was just some miscommunication...because I certainly wasn't just bored and making up NSVs!!
I think maybe she didn't realize that you were talking total inches. Most of the time, when I hear people talking about inches, they only measure the "main" parts, like waist, hips, thighs, chest, arms. They don't do everything that MRC does like neck, calf, ankle... I don't think they were trying to be rude, but I think maybe they just didn't realize how many areas you get those measurements from. Tell 'em I only lost 9 lbs and 20 inches my first week and see how that gets 'em going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
I just wanted to ask you if you have become a big fan of Mrs. Dash? I have to have flavor... Mrs. Dash and Molly McButter are my best friends now... They really pep things up for me. great on chicken or fish...
I know this wasn't directed at me but I will say that spices have DEFINITELY become my friend. This is my favorite right now: http://www.tonychachere.com/seasoning/# (the Original Salt Free version) along with some garlic powder. The garlic powder I have also has parsley in it. I pretty much use those two on everything. I bought a couple different Mrs. Dash blends but I keep going back to those two. They are great on my veggie mix (squash, zucchini, mushrooms and red peppers).
Old 03-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #298  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Phew, I'm finally caught up. There are some great success going on here - Chopingirl awesome job on hitting the 60lb board. I think I did here a faint yell up here in Nebraska It is a little weird feeling to say "I've lost 60 lbs"! Now we can focus on getting to the 70lb board! Great job to the big losers in the last couple of days - MSteacher, tim, Mirihawk, Goal4Life - hope I didn't miss anyone. ieduc8em - welcome back. I've been wondering where you have been. I haven't read thread 10 yet, so I'm wondering where Sam is and how the baby announcement went. I'm really happy to hear from you - JanT!!, I was beginning to think my original buddy had bailed on me!! Yesterday is done, just jump back on and get going. Donuts words are echoing in my head about the difference between dieting success and failure is how quickly you can recover from the mistakes. 3monkeysmomma - I'm glad you brought up the discussion about the steam bags - I was too afraid to try them for the same reasons. Leave it to Memmo to find the info out for us! Your comments about the amount of food really brought me back to the first couple weeks on plan for me. Those salads just seemed monsterous! , now I only use about 1 ounce of salad greens or spinish and use the heavier veggies like cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, as the filler. The salad looks more manageable that way. I find that I mentally can't eat more than 1 salad in a day, so cooked or steamed veggies are a relief for me. blueyedangel you cracked me up with your boob/belly comment thanks for the good laugh!! And Angierue - I think you get the gold star for the week on your party willpower! What an amazing test of your committment to your new life style. Bomaze - what an amazing picture! I'm glad we finally get to see your face and you look maarveeloouuss darlin'. Speaking of marvelous, graduatethin - I can hardly wait to see you again and your goal weight!! It's time for me to go shopping again, any advise? I'm going to go wi tomorrow. I've been getting a little lax - not in my eating, but I haven't been recording anything and I've only been going in once a week. I'm at the end of my contract on March 14th, so I will be re-signing. I think I'm going to suggest that we change my goal weight. Although I feel really good, I think I have more than 20 lbs left to loose. I have no idea where I should be - I'll see what they suggest after my tanita reading. I have a feeling I will be close to the 100lb lost mark when everything is done. Good luck in wi tomorrow!

Last edited by ShineOn; 03-10-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Has anyone heard from JewlieK lately?

Great job on all the wi's for everyone.

Happy Friday!
I'm back! I had to take time off from the computer. I had my SILs with their fams here for the last week. We went snowshoeing, skiing, etc. I wasn't super bad, but had a steak salad for lunch and cheated a couple times. Just bites here and there. I really shouldn't have! I am having a REALLY hard time getting back. I hadn't really cheated before and now I have all kinds of cravings!

Tomorrow is a new day! I will do much better!

I haven't had a chance to read thru all the new pages, but when I do....I will post on what I can.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:28 AM   #300  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Years ago I was on Atkins and I was posting on an Atkins message board (not on this sight at all) and man the people on that board were just evil, it was like they took there carb craving frustration out on anyone on that message board, you couldn't post anything without them having something negative to say about it. Some people are just
Just out of curiosity - was that the low carb board on AOL? I remember someone with a screenname similar to yours who posted there for awhile....
Closed Thread