Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #181  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

VERY COOL! Cute cat too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
Let's try this again! Signature here we go....
Old 03-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

ROCKIJAMES

My name is Courtney by the way...

I know you have been struggling, but I think you have done well with your weight loss. I have been on the program since February 3rd and have lost 11 pounds (I have a WI today so maybe 12-fingers crossed). I have been 100% OP and you have lost more than I have! Keep your head up. This stuff is hard!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #183  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Has anyone heard from JewlieK lately?

Great job on all the wi's for everyone.

Happy Friday!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #184  

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #185  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default Happy Friday

Happy Friday everybody. I just wanted to ask agian if anyone has experienced dark circles under your eyes? I know that it is a sign of low iron. Just wondering!
I wish everyone good luck this weekend. My hubby will be out of town with my son. So I am praying for will power. When he has been gone in the past I ate whatever whenever I wanted to. But I want to be able to tell him that I have been really good. Plus my MRC gave me a 3# goal for my Monday WI. That should be good motivation.
Everyone have a great weekend.

Last edited by zackzmom; 03-07-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #186  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post

Happy Friday everybody. I just wanted to ask agian if anyone has experienced dark circles under your eyes? I know that it is a sign of low iron. Just wondering!
I wish everyone good luck this weekend. My hubby will be out of town with my son. So I am praying for will power. When he has been gone in the past I ate whatever whenever I wanted to. But I want to be able to tell him that I have been really good. Plus my MRC gave me a 3# goal for my Monday WI. That should be good motivation.
Everyone have a great weekend.
I've always had low iron (since childhood). My baby has low iron as well and she has the dark circles (as do I). I haven't noticed a difference with this diet. I'd think your iron should be better now that we're eating veggies and protein and such. Sorry I can't help.!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #187  
Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
I just have two more posts until I get my signature...this post plus
NWALoser...how do you know how many post you have? And how do you get a ticker? I am new to all this message board stuff. But I would love to have a pretty little ticker at the bottom of my post too!! Counting down the #'s.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday Everyone!

Courtney - great signature and ticker...yeah!

Xackzmom - if you look under your avatar - you will see your joing date, location and posts.

I hope everyone has a fantastic on plan weekend!!!

Rae
Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #189  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Well I know it has been a long time, but my life has been so hectic lately. Lets see I finally got over my sickness and was so excited to get back on track. Have only dropped 1.5 since last week but that is okay with me given that I have not been able to be 100% OP.

On Wednesday of last week our family just found that my grandma has colon cancer and that it has metasisized (SP) to her liver. We have been at the hospital so much and let me tell you there food is not the best to choose from. She underwent surgery on Wednesday of this week to remove the cancer from the colon, which went good. The cancer is stage 4 so we are just focusing now on making her life as enjoyable as possilbe with the kids, sister's wedding, family dinner's, easter, etc.

This has been really hard with me to deal with as my grandma is like my mom to me. She means the world to me and to see her suffer if breaking my heart. I am glad to report though that I have not strayed from program. I think my weight loss has slowed because I have not been able to exercise and my water intake has decreased along with my HNS consumption. I am going to try to refocus and get back on track.

Thanks for letting me vent.....CONGRATs to all the weight losses....you are all so amazing and deserve to be told so!!!!!

Kristi
Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #190  

Raemi13- Thanks for the ticker complement! Seems like I have waited forever for it. I guess it is a mental thing but seeing the ticker helps!

Kristi- I am sorry to hear about your grandma. That is so hard. I lost my grandma two years ago this July and see was so special to me.

Hope everyone's Friday is going well....

I have a question, we are hosting my husband's 30th B day party tomorrow and let's say I want to have a few things that are not OP. I have not cheated in 5 weeks so I am going to allow for a few things that evening and then I am right back on program the next morning. What would you guys recommend that would be better choices than others? Also if I am going to have a drink or two, what is the best choice as far as alcohol goes?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #191  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post

This has been really hard with me to deal with as my grandma is like my mom to me.

Kristi
Kristi, so very sorry about your Grandma.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #192  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

NWA..ask yourself if you really need to go off plan. You can totally enjoy yourself without cheating.

I am not trying to preach, this is all just my opionion, as I know how I am. If I cheat, it takes me awhile to refocus my mind. I think if at any time I would have allowed an off plan cheat, I would have continued to not take the plan seriously.
If you are doing this for a lifechange, you are going to have to find ways to live life without the food that is harmful to your body. You can drink sparkling water with a lemon twist, to feel like you are drinking throughout the night, without really going off plan. Partake in the veggie tray (minus the dip), enjoy music and friends. Also, is cake really necessary to allow you to celebrate your hubby's b-day? I think society has taught us that we have to eat cake and ice cream at birthdays. There are so many other special ways you can celebrate with him, you won't even think about cake Socialize, dance, enjoy yourself, but you can do it all without the junk food.
I started program the week before Thanksgiving, and managed to stay on plan, without even bites licks and tastes, for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's, and now recently Valentines' Day. I can honestly say, I didn't and still don't miss any of the food that I passed on. I still totally enjoyed my family and friends, and our traditions, I just chose to skip the food that has always been my enemy. I don't think I would be 66 pounds lighter today, if I would be doing it any differently.
I think that we have to learn what our bodies can and can't take. I just know mine, and I honestly will have to change my food choices for life, even when I meet goal.
You can't think that this is a small piece of time to lose weight, then as soon as you lose it, go back to old eating habits. Your body will just go right back to being the size you started at, or more. Think to yourself why you began MRC, and remind yourself of that to keep your head above the frosting and cake LOL
Sorry, I will get off my soapbox now.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 03-07-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
NWA..ask yourself if you really need to go off plan. You can totally enjoy yourself without cheating.

I am not trying to preach, this is all just my opionion, as I know how I am. If I cheat, it takes me awhile to refocus my mind. I think if at any time I would have allowed an off plan cheat, I would have continued to not take the plan seriously.
If you are doing this for a lifechange, you are going to have to find ways to live life without the food that is harmful to your body. You can drink sparkling water with a lemon twist, to feel like you are drinking throughout the night, without really going off plan. Partake in the veggie tray (minus the dip), enjoy music and friends. Also, is cake really necessary to allow you to celebrate your hubby's b-day? I think society has taught us that we have to eat cake and ice cream at birthdays. There are so many other special ways you can celebrate with him, you won't even think about cake Socialize, dance, enjoy yourself, but you can do it all without the junk food.
I started program the week before Thanksgiving, and managed to stay on plan, without even bites licks and tastes, for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's, and now recently Valentines' Day. I can honestly say, I didn't and still don't miss any of the food that I passed on. I still totally enjoyed my family and friends, and our traditions, I just chose to skip the food that has always been my enemy. I don't think I would be 66 pounds lighter today, if I would be doing it any differently.
I think that we have to learn what our bodies can and can't take. I just know mine, and I honestly will have to change my food choices for life, even when I meet goal.
You can't think that this is a small piece of time to lose weight, then as soon as you lose it, go back to old eating habits. Your body will just go right back to being the size you started at, or more. Think to yourself why you began MRC, and remind yourself of that to keep your head above the frosting and cake LOL
Sorry, I will get off my soapbox now.

You are so right! Now just pound this into my head!!!

And that's so awesome that you've stayed on plan this whole time! You're doing fantastic!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Well I know it has been a long time, but my life has been so hectic lately. Lets see I finally got over my sickness and was so excited to get back on track. Have only dropped 1.5 since last week but that is okay with me given that I have not been able to be 100% OP.

On Wednesday of last week our family just found that my grandma has colon cancer and that it has metasisized (SP) to her liver. We have been at the hospital so much and let me tell you there food is not the best to choose from. She underwent surgery on Wednesday of this week to remove the cancer from the colon, which went good. The cancer is stage 4 so we are just focusing now on making her life as enjoyable as possilbe with the kids, sister's wedding, family dinner's, easter, etc.

This has been really hard with me to deal with as my grandma is like my mom to me. She means the world to me and to see her suffer if breaking my heart. I am glad to report though that I have not strayed from program. I think my weight loss has slowed because I have not been able to exercise and my water intake has decreased along with my HNS consumption. I am going to try to refocus and get back on track.

Thanks for letting me vent.....CONGRATs to all the weight losses....you are all so amazing and deserve to be told so!!!!!

Kristi
Hi Kristi -
I'm so very sorry that you are going through this tough time right now. I lost my grandma last April 1st, and we had grown pretty close over the years as well, so I know how your heart must ache.

My thoughts are with you.

Rae
Old 03-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #195  
Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
NWALoser...how do you know how many post you have? And how do you get a ticker? I am new to all this message board stuff. But I would love to have a pretty little ticker at the bottom of my post too!! Counting down the #'s.
Duh!!! Sorry for all the dumb questions!!
Closed Thread