Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #166  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
I am down 7# in 8 days. I had to do a big whoo hoo!!
That is fantastic!!! Congratulations

Last edited by ShineOn; 03-06-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #167  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I weighed in and guess what???? I LOST 2.5lbs! WOOOHOOO!! I'm so excited b/c I'm under 160 now. That was my goal by weekend and I made it. YAY FOR ME!

Here's something that ticked me off today. I've been having a rough morning (long story, nothing major, just a lot of little things). I came back to work and my BIL (he works for us) went to McDonald's and got him and dh lunch! I was SOOOO mad! I'm super hungry today. I think it was the spin class last night and the emotional upheavals today. I'm eating program foods, but I'm eating too much! How do I stop? I have my hoodia here in front of me and I'm gonna take it now.

Here's what I've eaten today.

Breakfast, HNS, Cottage Cheese, Flat Bread (totally OP)

Lunch, Meal replacement bar, turkey breast, mixed fruit, spaghetti squash, melba toast, HNS.

I ate the meal replacement bar as a snack, so should I skip dinner? Or, should I maybe just have a creamy and a salad or something? Any ideas? I don't want to skip all together and then be starving again tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.
First of all congratulations!!!! You are doing fantastic. As for the fast food - humm, we can't control others, only ourselves. You did a great thing by removing yourself from the situation. Visualization is a strong weapon. I look at sugary items and see the "Mr Yuck" poision control sticker - hope I'm not dating myself too much here Today I drove my DH through a Hardee's - my mouth did water and I just mixed up an HNS. My trick is to drink half the bottle of water (16 oz), then pour in the powder and shake like crazy - no skittles! Anyway, I told him (after he was done eating) that his meal smelled like a heartattack. He laughed and said it didn't taste very good either and he didn't feel very good after eating it. I was happy that I didn't have a stronger "I've gotta have it" reaction. He's really good about not eating junk around me - I guess I'm getting stronger. I know this last comment is coming too late. As for skipping meals, my attitude is when I screw up, just get right back on plan. I would have suggested you eat your normal meal and press on. Just be careful not to have a creamy the same day you have a meal replacement bar - I know in this case, it wouldn't have mattered. Hope that helps. You are doing really good!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:34 PM   #168  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

There is tons of stuff online about leg cramps and potassium and other supplements too, I just took some I got at the store and followed the dose on the bottle and ate more bananas, I guess if you abuse anything and don't follow direction it could be bad. Here is some info from a couple of sights of course ask your doc or the center people first. I haven't gotten my menu yet but I assume bananas are not on it, and I know we can't have potatoes. There's also lots of ways I read online to help without consuming anything. Those darn things hurt like crazy.

online stuff...
The potassium supplement will help and also eating foods like bananas that have potassium
in them. Potatoes are also a good source of potassium.

Vitamin E supplement would help your leg cramps 400 units of natural d-Alpha Tocopheryl everyday. Also Magnesium Citrate right before bed. Try to avoid alcohol beverages, as this aggravates leg cramps. If you have severe cramping avoid all alcohol especially beer which brings on cramping in some people. Potassium is great for your heart (see above answer).
wikianswers . com

Low levels of certain minerals known as electrolytes—magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium—have long been linked to leg cramps. (Marathon runners sweating out the miles are particularly prone to this variety.) Certain drugs, such as diuretics have also been cited as a cause of leg cramps. Dialysis patients often complain of leg cramps, and pregnancy is also a factor.

To prevent cramping consider the regular use of supplements, especially calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium (only if your sodium intake is low or if you sweat a lot). Stretching your calves regularly during the day and at night will help. You can often prevent night cramps by exhausting the stretch reflex before you go to bed by stretching your calf muscles with wall pushups and applying a heating pad for 10 minutes before going to bed. Keeping blankets loose at the foot of the bed will help prevent unnatural positioning of your feet and toes which can cause night time cramping.
digitalnaturopath . com
Old 03-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #169  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Puritans pride . com has a really good price on supplements and their's are the kind that our bodies can easily absorb, they have potassium also. They have buy one get one or two free sales. Really good place to get supplements.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:48 AM   #170  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
Hello all. I've been lurking a while, and thought I join the crowd of Friday starters. I've been on preconditioning since last Friday, and go to my class tomorrow. I'm trying to lose 39 pounds.

About me, I'm married with 2 kids and I play roller derby with my local league. Hopefully, the snow will melt enough to let me out in the morning!
Hi Noah Tall and welcome to the board!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 277/259/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi yall! Im coming back to MRC after a time period of regaining some weight, trying other diets, and realizing this is the one program I did the best on EVER! I had lost 44 lbs, and have gained about half of that back. I have really related to these posts about feeling you have finally "got it". I had reached a point where I did not crave the junk and had gone 4 months without cheating. I began making exceptions around the holidays. The cravings came right back, and before long I was not only not on program but I was binging. I realize now that I have to see this as my addiction and that living on program will be my "sobriety" so to speak. It will have to be if I want to live healthy and live longer.

On the leg cramp issue, I was once very low on potassium after having surgery where both knees were replaced. The doctor told me to eat alot of bananas (cant have now) and brocolli, which we can have. Hope that will help some of you.

This is one of the most positive boards I have encountered online. Good luck to each of you.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 277/259/150

Height: 5'5"

Sorry, just realized my stats and ticker will have to be changed, and will do so after I weigh in.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #173  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
meemo - (Em) - I also wanted to chime in and say "Congratulations" to you for your beautiful new grandbaby! Are you back in Florida yet?
Thanks! Nope, I'm in California until March 15. Mom & baby came home today - we're all hoping for a good night's sleep for the 3 of them tonight.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:41 AM   #174  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post

Meemo: How do you use the meal replacement bars on stabilization, do you just count it as a protein, bread and a fruit?? I have a few left and would like to use them up, but don't really want to give up all the things I get now.
I honestly don't know - I didn't have any left when I finished. I'd probably count it as a bread & protein & maybe add a fruit yogurt or something. (Yogurt is almost always my milk product of choice.)
Old 03-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #175  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by THISTIMESDIFFERENT View Post
I began making exceptions around the holidays. The cravings came right back, and before long I was not only not on program but I was binging. I realize now that I have to see this as my addiction and that living on program will be my "sobriety" so to speak.
I totally agree with you - I think that there is definitely a physical component to any bingeing that I have done in the past. Psych component too, but right now I just need to stay away from all that.

Good for you, for coming back!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #176  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

3monkeysmomma - Thank you for the information that you found about potassium on the internet! I printed it off and am going to take it with me when I weigh in this morning. One of our counselors is a registered nurse, so she might also have some ideas that I can post when I get back.

I also thought it was interesting that alcohol is a trigger (we can't have that), salt is a trigger (we can't have much of that), we get the magnesium in our Liquid Minerals; so all of the triggers shouldn't be a factor for us. I'm stumped.... I don't, however, eat any broccoli, so maybe that's what I need to be eating.

I just read the 'ingredients' on the back of my Liquid Minerals jug, and potassium is listed in the 'other ingredients' category, so there must be a trace there, but probably just a trace. It sounds like there are more than just a few of us with this problem, so I'm surprised that with the required supplements that MRC has us take, that we haven't been told to take a potassium supplement with our regiment of pills. I'll find out....

Good luck to everyone this morning that is going to weigh in....and Happy Friday!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
NWA Loser..did you get your siggy yet??? Post away!
Not yet...I am going to check on it soon! Thanks for thinking about me. I WANT that signature.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #178  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Rocki Congrats on the 2.5 loss! Great job!!!

nwaloser I also am 5'11" and have the same issue with going down in sizes! I think that also has a lot to do with the issues I had with my self image in high school. I always was the tallest, and thought I was so big but I wasn't.... For my height, I was just fine.... I was just tall.... but I couldn't wear a size 2 or 4 obviously. Anyway! Here we are! The tall girls on the board! WHOA!!!!

mirihawk Great job on the inches and loss so far! Keep it up!

readytobethinagain No negative self talk! You got the sign the 20lb board! That is a fabulous accomplishment!!!! Amazing job!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #179  

NAMASTE- I know what you mean. I was always the tallest girl and I thought I was so big and fat and in reality I was just right! I would not trade my height for anything now! I have never and will never know what a size 4 would be like. A size 10 is the smallest I have ever seen and I was too thin (if that is possible ) YES! Yeah for all us tall girls! I still wear heels everyday!

ROCKIJAMES-I think I finally have my tracker!!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #180  

Let's try this again! Signature here we go....
Closed Thread