3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take XI (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/136094-metabolic-research-center-take-xi.html)

zackzmom 03-06-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommato3 (Post 2086298)
I had a small personal victory today (baby steps...). Anyway, today is TAKS testing day. For those of you not in the Great State of Texas, TAKS is our state mandated testing. Anyway, lots of stress related to TAKS, believe you me. Our local PTO provided a "hospitality room" for all the teachers during testing and I DID NOT EVEN GO INTO THAT ROOM! WooHoo! I knew that if I went in, the temptation would be hard. Before, I would have been first in line and chosen one of everything ('cause I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!). So, I am feeling "empowered" that I was able to make a good choice today. And shouldn't we just work on one day at a time?! Thanks for listening.

Mommato3
I too work in a Texas school and has the stress of TAKS. I was so proud of myself because I baked 6 dozen cookies for the kids, and I did not eat one of them. We had cookies coming out our ears around here, and I did not have one!!! I was so happy, and my husband was very impressed. I have always been of the mind set that "One won't hurt me", but one always turns into to six. So I did not even let the door open.
I also went for my first wi yesterday. I am down 7# in 8 days. I had to do a big whoo hoo!!
Thanks for all the support.:cookie::no:

mommato3 03-06-2008 10:56 AM

Good job, zachzmom! I always think that "one won't hurt me" either--but one cheeto turns into half a bag, one bite of the kids' mac&cheese ends up with me scraping the pan clean! And I know how tempting those cookies (or anything!) can be on a high stress day. I haven't baked any cookies since starting MRC, because cookie dough is my nemesis, and I don't think that I yet have the tools to resist that. Great job on the weigh in, too!

zackzmom 03-06-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyedangel (Post 2086751)
Hey there ZACKSMOM Looks like you started this about the same time as me & 3monkeysmomma... I'll be a cheerleader for you too!!

They say I can lose 52 pounds before July 4!!! I SO hope so... We'll be traveling to Texas in August - to visit "the sister in law" and other family. I just wanna look better than her! LOL She's not always been very nice. It's great motivation for me! LOL

I just wanted to add... My name is Crystal if you would rather call me that. :-)

My name is Terri, and I know what you mean about the sister in law. That is part of my motivation too. We are going on vacation together this summer and I want to feel good and cute around her. I know that sounds vain and ugly, but I have to be honest. My center told me I could lose my weight by the end of June!!! I'm ready. At wi yesterday I'm down 7#. Just wait, you'll see it too. That is real motivation!!
And I will really need a cheerleader!! I'm a good one for you guys too.!!

zackzmom 03-06-2008 12:01 PM

Dark Circles

Quick question. Has anyone experienced dark circles under their eys since starting MRC? I have never had them before but now I do. Maybe my thirties are finally catching up with me!!LOL:cool:

NWALoser 03-06-2008 12:07 PM

NAMASTE and GOALFORLIFE- Thank you so much for your encouragement. At times, this program can be difficult but losing weight is a great motivator to stay OP. The support is wonderful to. It is alot harder to lose weight than to gain weight!
Also, we have a boat so we are on the lake all summer. Meaning, I spend a majority of my weekends in a bathing suit-talk about motivation! I get tired of feeling like "the fat friend." I have to remember I have already lost 1/4 of the weight I need to lose AND I have done it in one month!

Rocki 03-06-2008 02:19 PM

Update..

I weighed in and guess what???? I LOST 2.5lbs! WOOOHOOO!! I'm so excited b/c I'm under 160 now. That was my goal by weekend and I made it. YAY FOR ME! :):carrot:

Thank you all so much (again) for all the amazing support you give. I'm so glad I found this forum.

Here's something that ticked me off today. I've been having a rough morning (long story, nothing major, just a lot of little things). I came back to work and my BIL (he works for us) went to McDonald's and got him and dh lunch! I was SOOOO mad! McDonald's is a HUGE weekness for me. I was eating it at LEAST 1-2 times a week before MRC. I have asked him a few times NOT to bring McD's in here. I was smelling french fries and ended up having to walk out and cry in my car! Dh came back out and apologized and he told BIL not to do it again. Thank God he was supportive b/c I was so mad at both of them at first. Anyway..I'm better now, but I'm super hungry today. I think it was the spin class last night and the emotional upheavals today. I'm eating program foods, but I'm eating too much! How do I stop? I have my hoodia here in front of me and I'm gonna take it now.

Here's what I've eaten today.

Breakfast, HNS, Cottage Cheese, Flat Bread (totally OP)

Lunch, Meal replacement bar, turkey breast, mixed fruit, spaghetti squash, melba toast, HNS.

I ate the meal replacement bar as a snack, so should I skip dinner? Or, should I maybe just have a creamy and a salad or something? Any ideas? I don't want to skip all together and then be starving again tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

NWALoser 03-06-2008 03:18 PM

One of the hardest parts of this lifestyle change is learning to say NO to our favorite things. For some odd reason, the food choices my husband makes are not even a temptation anymore. I think I would rather be around those poor choices so that I know I will continually be able to say no them.

I was never able to have a bite of something. I have learned I will have to stay away from foods that are triggers for me to overeat. I talk myself out of eating anything that is not on the program and vizualize how I will feel if I have resisted. It has allowed me to stay OP 100% for the last five weeks. I think the snacks were the hardest parts. I always was hungry so I was always having snacks. I think it had to do with the fact I was eating way too many carbs and not enough protein.

Good luck to everyone! Tomorrow is Friday! We are hosting a birthday party for my husband this weekend so everyone keep there fingers crossed that I can make it through that situation!!

NWALoser 03-06-2008 03:45 PM

Are there any other ladies in the forum that are tall like I am? I love being tall but we tall people are at a disadvantage as it take about 20 pounds for me to go down a clothing size! I guess the advantage to that would be that it would take 20 pounds to go up a size as well!

zackzmom 03-06-2008 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=rockijames;2087871]I weighed in and guess what???? I LOST 2.5lbs! WOOOHOOO!! I'm so excited b/c I'm under 160 now. That was my goal by weekend and I made it. YAY FOR ME! :):carrot:

Way to Go!!! :cheer: I can not wait to be 160.
If you can walk out on McDonald's FF, then you should have no problem with the rest of the program.!! I would of had to grab 1. Congrats on the will power!!!

Raemi13 03-06-2008 03:59 PM

Thank You!
You guys - thanks to the bunch of you that responded to my "cry for support" yesterday. You are all right, and it really helps to hear the things that you are saying.

I even got a call from my center and talked to her for quite a while on the phone (I can't get to my center because I'm working from home with a sick child), but she had me write a letter to myself about why I got on the program to begin with, etc.

I will be working out at some point today (have the gym in the basement for gosh sakes!), and I am on plan for food.

Thanks again for all of your wise words and encouragement.

And, yes, Onderland is right around the corner...by this weekend I do believe!

alexiah 03-06-2008 04:19 PM

Hi everyone just thought id stop by and say hello so far so good today i feel good and i already am down 175 oz of water !

Map 08- on most days i do 45 min of walking/jogging or the eliptical machine but this week i started out doing 30 min , i just want to be sure i am ok to do more(just had surgery} i try to get excersise in 5-6 times a week if i can .
What do you do ? Ok ladies speaking of excersise i am on my way out the door so i will check in after dinner.

bomaze 03-06-2008 04:30 PM

Raemi, my weight loss sister...I totally know what you're going through, as I have been there the last two weeks. It's like I got close to getting into onederland and something in my mind clicked that triggered some of the subconscious ways I got here in the first place (like having my "protective" layer of blubber around me). I started doing the same thing and totally sabotaging myself. I had to do two things to push past it - realize in total honesty what I'm doing to myself and also take a picture of myself. The first is getting real with myself and the second is taking a hard look at me and although everyone tells me I look great, I still do not look like I want to look this summer. Push on and find my earlier post about being the "grown up" and reminding yourself often what you do and don't need, i.e eating regularly or eating off program. Push through my dear and join me in onederland - I promise it's more fun than scary ;)

Raemi13 03-06-2008 04:33 PM

You got it Bomaze! Onderland it is!!!

I haven't seen onderland in about 7 years or so...it's about time!!!

NWALoser 03-06-2008 04:34 PM

ROCKIJAMES- Great job on the 2.5 loss! Keep your head up!

3monkeysmomma 03-06-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexiah (Post 2088052)
Hi everyone just thought id stop by and say hello so far so good today i feel good and i already am down 175 oz of water !

Geez Luweez :swim: how do you get in 175 oz of water and its only midday? That's amazing, I have not figured out how to get in even 64oz yet, I hate water, I hate the bloaty feeling after guzzling it, the taste is so boring, do you literally never stop drinking? How do you do it?

3monkeysmomma