Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #541  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawannaloose View Post
Hey everyone! I just began my preconditioning today and will start the diet on Monday. I am really excited and pretty nervous about all the supplements and remembering to take all of the vitamins and enhancers. Any tips or advice for a first time beginner.

I do! I do!! I went to Target and found the cutest med planner. Yes, I know, I really didn't want to either. This one is one big box and it has separate planners for each day and it's broken down into fourths. And you can move the walls around if you take more at one time of the day. So you can take your daily planner out of your planner and drop it in your purse for the day. usually there is the problem of it popping open, but this one slides so that doesn't happen. And each day is a different color and it's rainbow!! I love it! It's been so dang convienent!

And it's good to have ya!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #542  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Good grief! I just got finished reading all of the posts that I have missed since Wednesday. Amazing! I missed "talking" with everyone these past few days. We were at the San Angelo Stock Show and Rodeo (my husband is an ag teacher). This was so not a good place to try to stay on plan (think fair food), but I did okay. I "cheated" today by eating four of my daughter's tater tots, and now feel horribly guilty. But, I don't weigh in until Monday evening, so I will be strictly on plan until then--and extra water and HNS's for me! Glad to be back with ya'll!!! Congrats on all the weight lost these past few days!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #543  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
YEA!!! I go to the Lubbock MRC, too! I have been out of town since Wednesday, and haven't had a chance to check in. Welcome!

Hey that's so cool! If I could figure out how to put my picture on posts then you would know what I look like and maybe you will see me up there some time. I am going to go on Fridays to WI. Glad to meet you!

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #544  

Ah ha, I figured it out.

3monkeysmomma

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 03-02-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #545  

S/C/G: 249/240/150

Height: 5'4

Thank you for all your thoughts on the supplements. I did look on iherb.com but did not know which of heir products was the MRC-6. Maybe I am just skeptical but sometimes I wonder how much they are trying to sell...but, on the other hand, you can't argue with success! Has anyone tried dried pineapple instead of fresh? I bought it at TRader Joe's and it has no ingredients other than pineapple. Have a good Sunday!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #546  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Ugh... I am sick again. I knew I was stuffy earlier this week (started Wednesday) but I thought it was all going to stay in my head. Now it's in my chest and I feel like I'm dying. I don't know (or care at this point) if it was on the approved medications list but I just took some cough medicine with hydrocodone in it. Hope it goes to work quickly.

I'm also EXTREMELY sore from the work out yesterday. But at least that's a pain that I'm happy about. I can't remember the last time my abs and gluteal muscles felt this way. The only major muscles that don't hurt are my calves! Even my love handles hurt. I forgot how good working out made you feel (yes, I think the pain feels good... I'm an oddball). I just hope I'm over this sickness by my next appointment with the trainer on Tuesday.

I made the Lemon Chiffon pudding w/cottage cheese, cinnamon and splenda for breakfast this morning. It was good. I think I'll mix up another package and use it for breakfast tomorrow too. I'm getting a little burned out on the eggs every morning so this will be something new for a couple of days. I'm also trying the mock spaghetti today. Not sure if I'll make it for lunch or dinner but I definitely want to try it out.

Ok, off to lay down for a bit. The drugs are making me a little loopy.

Last edited by angierue; 03-02-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #547  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Arrow I'm a newbie...need some help... PLEASE

I think I can do this! But, it's gonna get expensive! I have 4 kids & bills & need to do this as economically as possible.

I've seen several posts about Hoodia. Is this to replace one of the supplements offered at MRC? My center never mentioned Hoodia specifically. Is it like MRC6?
Also, Is there something similar to the Cortitrim (for targeting stomach, back fat & arms) that would be cheaper? And, does the Enhanser (boosts metabolism) really help? Anything the same as that out there? My center was out of it and it was $99!!!

I did buy the MRC6 & Flax. My contract came with free bottle of multivitamin. Next time I will buy the flax from Walmart. And, I am buying some fish oil today.

Help! What do I really need?

I started preconditioning Feb. 27. I get my menu this coming Friday... Drinking this much water is REALLY hard for me + eating 3 times a day. I've been in such a habit of eating once for so long. My mind tells me eating more often will only make me fatter... But, I'm doing it. Yesterday was the only day I skipped a meal since I started and the only day I couldn't guzzle all the water. Back on track today tho. I DIDN'T HAVE TO JUMP UP AND DOWN TO GET MY JEANS ON this morning!! So something must be happening???
Old 03-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #548  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Default Ketone Strips

Can anyone explain to me about the ketone strips. I go to a center that just comes once a week to my small town and most of the time they do not have the strips with them. They have never really been explained to me. What color do I want them to be? And why? Thanks all you experts out there
Old 03-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #549  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! Wanted to check in and let you all know I did my 5k today! I finished in 40 minutes - which is a personal best for me! Woo-hoo! It was beautiful weather, my face is actually a little on the burnt side!! I won't be able to WI until either Tues or Wed though... UGH! I have only 1/2 a pound to go until that 70 pound board! AHHHH!!!! Hopefully between the run/walk today and my awful eating I will get to that 1/2 pound ~ just have to drink lots of water!! Good luck to everyone this week!

Amy (my real name!)

Last edited by losingweightnow; 03-02-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #550  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Congrats Losingweightnow!! That is a great accomplishment!! I have been toying with the idea of beginning to train.... I have walked/jogged before but I have never done a race. You must be so proud- good for you!! I am glad to hear the weather was good, we are expecting more snow tonight!! 60 yesterday, snow today-- that is Nebraska for you! Ha!
Old 03-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #551  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

losingweightnow: Congrats on your 5k!! That's awesome and you are so close to signing the 70lb board, too And it is a BEAUTIFUL day in NW Florida today--we've been out working in the garden today.

about ketone strips:
Being in ketosis means that your body's primary source of energy is fat (in the form of ketones). When you consume adequate protein as well, there's no need for the body to break down its muscle tissue. Ketosis also tends to accelerate fat loss --- once the liver converts fat to ketones, it can't be converted back to fat, and so is excreted. The strips only indicate what's happening in the urine. Ketosis happens in the blood and body tissues. If you're showing even a small amount, then you are in ketosis, and fat-burning is taking place. Don't get hung up on the ketone sticks.
here's a good place to read more:lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html or google ketone strips

blueyedangel: welcome-- you are right, you CAN do this! I've had to struggle with the water intake as well--every morning I wake up and think "OK start drinking!"
My center suggests that you do either the all day weight loss or hoodia. I don't know if people ever do both or not. I'm doing the all day but I know a lot of people on here use hoodia. You can save $ by buying vitamins, flax, etc. from other sources.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #552  

[QUOTE=blueyedangel;2081077]I think I can do this! But, it's gonna get expensive! I have 4 kids & bills & need to do this as economically as possible.

I've seen several posts about Hoodia. Is this to replace one of the supplements offered at MRC? My center never mentioned Hoodia specifically.

Hi Blueyedangel, my center never mentioned Hoodia either, I wonder if that's because I have high blood pressure and maybe can't take it? I bought the Corti trim and mrc 6 I am in preconditioning also, started on Friday and I will get my menu this coming Friday. I think someone on here said that Corti slim is the same as Corti Trim and is sold in stores for way cheaper, I paid $75 for mine at the center next time I will try the corti slim. I buy my other vitamins at Drug Emporium, Flax seed oil, Co Q-10, Centrum, Biotin, L carninite. I am going to ask them about Hoodia.

Losingweightnow,
that's great about the 5k! I wish I could do something like that, I can barely exercise though, I have two skin conditions and because of that I cannot sweat, sometimes its not too bad, I don't smell when I get hot or anything so thats good but most times it sucks. I have to stay indoors during the hot months, I can only exercise until I get hot then I have to stop, makes losing weight even harder. My daughter has it too, several years ago a non profit org donated a "cool vest" to her so she could play outside in the summer, she has long since outgrown it but she is old enough now she knows when she needs to cool off, We both use spray bottles to "make" our own sweat, it helps some but not much, no sports for her either.
Didn't mean to go on and on, anyways, 70 pounds wow! I want to do something like that also! lol

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #553  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

THANKS for everyone who responded to me.

FINZ Is the all day weight loss you talked of MRC6?

3MONKEYSMOMMA I get my menu this coming Friday also!!! Wanna be my buddy? About the Hoodia thing...I have normal to low BP, so I dunno why our centers never told us about it...??? And, did I read you are near Lubbock? OMG! My husband is from TX and we lived at White River Lake for almost 2 years (near Spur/Crosbyton if you are familiar).
Old 03-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #554  

Blueyedangel,
I need all the support I can get, White River Lake is where I spent my first honeymoon, not married to that one anymore, lol, but the honeymoon was nice.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #555  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

blueyedangel~
My husband knows lots of people from near Spur! He grew up in Petersburg, but did his student teaching in Matador! What a small world, huh?!! BTW, is that a picture of you in your avatar? If so, you look great!
Closed Thread