Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'3

I am new to this site and to MRC. Infact, I have my first meeting tomorrow. I don't know what to expect really but I am ready and also desperate to lose this weight I have packed on over the last 5 years. Can you girls let me know what you think about MRC and if it's true that you lose 2-5 lbs a week?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candace1980 View Post
I am new to this site and to MRC. Infact, I have my first meeting tomorrow. I don't know what to expect really but I am ready and also desperate to lose this weight I have packed on over the last 5 years. Can you girls let me know what you think about MRC and if it's true that you lose 2-5 lbs a week?
Candace.....we all have our days, but I think this is definately worth it. It is hard work and very restrictive. I need the "telling me what to eat".

I started a little over a year ago dieting. Lost 22 lbs. in a year, complained to the doctor, recommended MRC and went. Since Nov. 28 I have lost 27.5 pounds. In less than 3 months I have beat my pounds lost in a year! I am not hungry, have energy, have lost 25.5 inches and about 2 pant sizes.

You will find that the support here and at the center is KEY. I love being able to voice my stress and get honest feedback from people that have been there, done that. The center is full of knowledge and because you have meetings one on one; you can cry, ask stupid questions, complain about your stresses of the day and just get help!!!! It is like therapy and extended family. You know the sister that lets you cry on her shoulder and then says now that is done lets move ahead!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'3

jeweliek thanks for the post. I am the same way, I need to be told what to eat. I have been through my fair share of diets and I am ready to do it the right way. I hope it works for me and I'm looking forward to my first meeting
Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #64  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Candace: Welcome! If you are really ready to lose the weight, it WILL work. I was so doubtful in the beginning that anything could work but so far it has! I'm seven weeks in and down 23 pounds...so a little over three pounds per week average. It's not a plan that you can cheat with but if you stick with it, it will work for you. Congrats on starting the journey.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 242.5/233/135

Hi everyone! WI today and down a pound - that makes up for the pound I was up on Friday at my food class. So three pounds for conditioning week. I think I'm happy with that - she said that since I was already drinking my 100oz of water and somewhat watching what I eat - I wouldn't see the BIG drop that some do the first week - the water weight.

I need someone to tell me what to eat as well - I have dieted for ever and sometimes think I'm doing good but when I really evaluate it - I'm not!

Welcome Candace - I'm new but love the board - great support and information!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #66  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
namaste Speaking of which, do you realize you are two pounds away from TWO-Riffic's!! Glad to have you back!
OMG! No, I didn't realize it! Thanks!!!! WHOA! I have WI tonight, we will see!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 196/188/145

Height: 5'7"

Tomorrow I get my first creamy!! I can't wait!! Anyone have any suggestions for the chocolate shake/pudding?

Candace- Welcome! I am very new too. I just started on Saturday and already have lost 3.5 lbs. Water weight I am sure but hey, it's weight! I already feel better and wake up easier in the mornings. I was a caffeine/carb junkie and I needed someone to tell me exactly what to eat.

gottagetfit- Congrats on the loss!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #68  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Candace....I think you will like the support that you get from this forum. I noticed that you are from Omaha. The staff at the Bellevue office is wondeful and they are really their to help you. I have never felt like they have lectured me on anything. They are just there to support you when you need it.

After your food instruction class you will have more of an idea of what you can eat. The hardest time I had was getting to day 11, which is when I got the regular menu that I am still on. Once you get to day 11 check out the forum called MRC recipes. There are some really good ideas out there. Also I think each person's weekly average is a little different, but if you stay OP and really are dedicated to the program the weight will come.

Gald you are joining us. If you have any other questions just let us know.

Kristi
Old 01-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #69  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Christy I have never made the chocolate shake, but I have used the double chocolate HNS to make pudding. It is really good....hits the spot when you have a sweet tooth. Sometimes I make mini-brownies bites with it. I just use about 2 oz water and then mix. Once mixed I take a little spoon full and smoosh into the size of a quarter and then top with splenda. If you do not have time for this the pudding alone is good too.

Also once you are able to use the meal replacement bars, which I think is around day 11 the chocolate protein waffer bars are to die for. You can only have then 2 times per week though.

Hope this helps.....and that you enjoy your creamy HNS tomorrow.

Last edited by kristih6; 01-29-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #70  

Namaste ... I'm very sorry about your fil -- welcome back, and you did sooooooo well while you were gone! Two-rrifics are soon to be yours! WOO HOO

I am on a week-and-a-half long plateau right now, so have gone back to measuring EVERYTHING ..... found I was cheating myself out of some veggies with the salad by a couple ounces, so I may not have been getting quite enough food. Other than that I have been totally OP. I know it will pass though, so am just plodding through it ... darned plateaus!!!

I have had the cookbook always but have never made anything out of it except for the strawberry spinach salad. But today I tried the Polynesian chicken ... it took a little manipulation .... I used the Walden Farms blue cheese dressing instead of the fat-free italian (I hate fat-free, they just add sugar when they take out the fat), and then spritzed some salad spritzer on top of it before I grilled it because the broiler started burning the coating. After I spritzed it I cooked it on the foreman grill instead and it turned out sooooooooo good --- had a nice sweet lemony flavor and was juicy. (I hate chicken breast -- but this was really good). I decided I had better start actually cooking "things" instead of having "naked" food all the time -- a little variety will probably help too.

For you new people .... I have tried every diet known to man multiple times and this is the one for me ... 34# in 13 weeks, the personal attention and accountability really helps!! So, if you hang in there and follow the program you will lose the 2-5# a week, no problem.

Sam -- how's the baby coming along? Do you have an ultrasound anytime soon?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #71  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

For those of you who are new, and questioning MRC's ability to help you get your food on track, don't. If you follow the food menu's and drink your HNS's through the day, you will lose. We all lose at different speeds, but you will lose. This plan is no fail, as long as you follow it.
I love the accountability, the inspiration, and results that I see on a weekly basis.
The classes MRC offers are also great. This program has been the answer to my weightloss needs! I just wish I would have stumbled in years ago

Last edited by Goal4Life; 01-29-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Christy913: Colorado Springs is very cold, but on nice days it is wonderful. We just moved here last summer so this is the coldest place I've ever lived. Viera was nice when I lived there, but what a difference it must make to have all that stuff there now. By the way, I really like the salad spritzers.

All: I tried the Turkey Meatball recipe out of the MRC cookbook and it was actually pretty good (my husband ate half of it!)
Old 01-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Goal4Life: I agree with you. It really helps to have to WI twice a week and to have someone to talk to that has gone through it.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #74  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetfit View Post
Hi everyone! WI today and down a pound - that makes up for the pound I was up on Friday at my food class. So three pounds for conditioning week. I think I'm happy with that - she said that since I was already drinking my 100oz of water and somewhat watching what I eat - I wouldn't see the BIG drop that some do the first week - the water weight.

I need someone to tell me what to eat as well - I have dieted for ever and sometimes think I'm doing good but when I really evaluate it - I'm not!
Congrats Gottagetfit!! 3lbs lost is awesome!

What is it about the TOM that makes you want to eat like an unleashed devil?? I totally went off plan this weekend, I just wanted fried and bad stuff, but limited myself to a few bites of this and that (4 french fries off of your DH's plate definitely DO count!) .... so, all that bad-ness registered today as a .5 lb gain, so really, I didn't do as much damage as I feared, so I just told the girl at the center that it was just a slip, and I can only just move forward from now on... does anyone have a suggestion with how to deal with those cravings WITHout having to take another handful of supplements? The girl at my center could only recommend 2-3 more supplements and I really don't want to take more pills!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #75  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Venvix - I hear you! What I do is make the crusted chicken (with Melba toast), I use some sea salt to give it the good taste. The double chocolate pudding gets me through too. Have you tried the death by chocolate smoothy? Yummy! I wouldn't use the whole can of soda - it's a little too watered down for me - or add some cottage cheese to give it a creamy taste. Then I just chug the water - which really helps. I don't know about you, but I retain water right before - humm, maybe that has something to do with the sea salt I crave Another thing you can do, in place of fries, is make cheese chips (for lunch or breakfast only). Those are my tricks for getting through.
Closed Thread