Old 01-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #1  

Default Illness?

So what do YOU do when you are sick and on this diet? My goto when I am ill is to eat lots of soup, but most soups are not mrc compatible and it's hard to make your own without carrots, onions and so on.

Did I mention my throat is killing me?
corisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'2"

Hot HNS! chicken bullion, grapefruit, and green tea cranberry are all good hot and don't use up your creamy like hot chocolate does.

You can make regular chicken soup, just no noodles. It can be bland without onions and carrots but you can spice it up. And iin a pinch I've just added grilled chicken to chicken bouillon HNS.

Also, I make soup of roasted cauliflower, Parmesan cheese, And chicken HNS blended smooth with water.

Can also make egg drop soup.

Feel better..
MrsRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #3  

Wow! Great ideas! I didn't think about doing those. I'm on Balance, so I have to have my HNSs as snacks instead of with a meal, but I may just have to combine the two for a day or two and hope for the best. Egg drop is calling my name.
corisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by corisimo View Post
Wow! Great ideas! I didn't think about doing those. I'm on Balance, so I have to have my HNSs as snacks instead of with a meal, but I may just have to combine the two for a day or two and hope for the best. Egg drop is calling my name.
I'm on metabalance, too but can have an extra HNS each day, so I just make sure not to eat these things more than once a day.

Also, you could use no/low sodium chicken broth to make the egg drop soup and just count it as your protein.
MrsRiker is offline   Reply With Quote