Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #601  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

My wonderful hubby made this recipe last night that I got and modified from justbento.com

14 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt
Pepper
1 lemon
Soy sauce
1-2 Tbs. olive oil

Blot the moisture off the chicken breast meat with paper towels and cut into bite sized pieces. Put into a bowl and season with salt (go light on the salt, especially if you plan to drizzle on some soy sauce later), pepper, and the juice of half a lemon and toss well. Leave to marinate for a couple of minutes, then drain off the excess moisture.

In the meantime, heat up a large frying pan with the olive oil.

Lay each piece flat in the pan, taking care they don’t overlap. Let cook over high heat until crispy and golden brown (about 3-4 minutes), then turn over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until browned on the other side. Optionally drizzle a tiny amount of soy sauce over the chicken to give them a caramelized color. Finish off by squeezing the juice from the other half of the lemon over it all.

He served this up with some steamed asparigus and the 1/4 cup brown rice. So tasty.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #602  

I do not know who to give credit for this recipe, as a friend gave it to me and can't recall where she got it..

This is an easy recipe to make OP, if there are items that you are not allowed.

SPINACH PIE.. SERVES 4

I cooked this in an 8x 8 pan and cut in 4 pieces and froze it.

1 (10) oz.package frozen spinach , thawed and drained well
1/cup FF cheddar cheese, shredded( I used soy)
1 cup FF cottage cheese, or FF ricotta cheese
2 garlic cloves minced fine
3 eggs( I used egg beaters), but can also be made using 6 egg whites per
my friend
1/2 tsp. salt ( I used no salt)
1/4tsp.pepper

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients , pour into a Pam-sprayed pie dish or square pan and bake fore 45 minutes. Cut into squares or wedges.

This was really delicious and will be good for those mornings, I don't have time to feed myself..

Enjoy

Patzi
Old 04-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #603  

Hello all quick question. Can you use coconut oil while on program? I'm on first week (yellow menu) and I friend told me about all the wonderful things coconut oil can do for you, but is it good to use it while on program?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #604  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugeily1981 View Post
Hello all quick question. Can you use coconut oil while on program? I'm on first week (yellow menu) and I friend told me about all the wonderful things coconut oil can do for you, but is it good to use it while on program?
If it is not on your menu, then you cannot use on this diet.. However, ask your consultant if she can incorporate it down the line somewhere for you if you want to use it.

Patzi, maintenance member
Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #605  

Thank you so much Patzi,
It def. helps having others whom have become experts on this program to run and ask all sorts of questions!
Thank you again
Old 05-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #606  

Some nice recipes I will have to try!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #607  

For those of you on maintenance that like alcohol beverage once in awhile, here is a drink my friend sent me. She is on WW and this is from a site called Skinnytaste.

Iced Green Tea Mojito

Adapted from the Kitchn
Skinnytaste.com

Servings: 1 • Size: 1 mojito
Calories: 110 • Fat: 0.1 g • Protein: 0.5 g • Carb: 10.9 g • Fiber: 0.6 g • Sugar: 8.8 g
Sodium: 4.2 mg

Ingredients:

1 tbsp fresh lime juice
4 large spearmint leaves, plus more for garnish
4 baby arugula leaves
2 tsp sugar(use splenda) or stevia
1/2 cup brewed green tea, chilled
1 oz white rum
Directions:

Muddle the lime juice, mint, arugula, and sugar together in a tall Collins glass until the leaves bruise lightly and the flavors release. Add ice until glass is about 3/4 full and then pour in rum and green tea. Stir well and garnish with mint and lime.

I cannot copy the picture to this forum,, so if you go to the site you will see it.. looks very inviting.

Patzi
Old 05-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #608  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
7 layer dip

1 lb extra lean ground turkey
8 oz raw tomatoes, chopped
8 oz romaine, or iceberg lettuce
8 oz green peppers, chopped
4 oz low fat cottage cheese (6oz if on Meta Slim Plus)
4 oz jalapenos, seeds removed and chopped
4 oz green onions, chopped
1/2 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
2 tablespoons water, separated

Cook ground turkey in a skillet until done, adding 1-2 teaspoons of reduced sodium taco seasoning and 1 tablespoon of water to flavor. Remove from skillet and cool. Blend in food processor or blender 4 or 6 oz (depending on menu) low fat cottage cheese with 1 TBSP of water and rest of taco seasoning (if you want a flavored layer of cottage cheese). Chop all vegetables. We recommend layering in this order....
Cottage cheese
Green Onions
Green Peppers
Turkey
Jalapeno
Lettuce
Raw Tomatoes

What do you ladies eat this with? I assume not regular tortilla chips... I just LOVE 7 layer dip and this sounds AWESOME!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #609  
bespectacled weirdo

Melissa, you can make your own tortilla chips, just use a low carb tortilla, spray both sides with cooking spray, slice it up into chip bits and bake until crispy. Add sea salt or toppings of choice.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #610  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadreal View Post
Melissa, you can make your own tortilla chips, just use a low carb tortilla, spray both sides with cooking spray, slice it up into chip bits and bake until crispy. Add sea salt or toppings of choice.
Yum! sounds great! Sorry for all the questions, but what would this with the chips replace? Seems like protein, veggies and starch...?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #611  
bespectacled weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab617 View Post
Yum! sounds great! Sorry for all the questions, but what would this with the chips replace? Seems like protein, veggies and starch...?
yes.

It has all of those in it. The chips repace the starch, the meat is your protien and all those veggies...well, you get the idea.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #612  
ponygirl

S/C/G: 321/269/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarkkayaker View Post
Hope this isn't a repeat....

Below is a receipe from a local chief on our program who has lost over 50lbs named Stephen. He created a reeipe for you called MRC Cake. It is Yummy!!!! Enjoy!! Big Thank You To Stephen

MRC Cake
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2TBSP Water - body tmep
3pk Sweetener
3 Egg whites - room temp or so
1 pk Pudding mix - can use vanilla or chocolate
Oven at 350 degrees. Fresh eggs will separate easier, but not necessary. Room temp
on the eggs or close, but make sure they are not cold. Make sure there is no yolk at all. Any will
cause the whites to not fluff.
Dissolve the cream of tartar in the vanilla. Add in the water and sweetener. Mix to make
sure everything is dissolved. Add in the whites. Whip it, and whip it good. You want the whites to
develope stiff peaks. That means that you will whip them until you think that they are ready, then
whip them some more. If they turn back into a liquid, then you whipped them too much.
You can spray the pan you are going to bake them in if you want. This will make sure that
they come out clean, but it might crisp the bottoms some. Fill mini molds, six of them, with the
batter. They will look like there is too much in them, but that will be fine and make sure you do not
squish the batter down in the mold.
Bake for 15 minutes. The vanilla ones take a bit less time and will brown more, but if you
don't bake them long enough they will stick in the mold and go flat.
Serve with berries or as is.
Chocolate Icing
1 scoop Super Chocolate Drink
3 pk Sweetener
1/2 tsp Vanilla
4 TBSP Water
Mix drink and sweeteners. Add in vanilla and 1 TBSP of water at a time. Mix until water
is absorbed and then add another tablespoon. Drizzle on cake.

In making this by the receipt - it doesn't tell you when/where to fold in the chocolate...but that part is important :-)
What do u think you would use now instead of the super chocolate drink since I dont think they sell that anymore. I have been dying for cake and really would like to try this, but as we all know icing is important
Old 07-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #613  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

Here is a great recipe for summer time. Wish I could take credit but thanks to Chef Mark Abernathy (Loca Luna and Red Door). This recipe was featured in Southern Living several years ago. Depending on what phase of MRC you are on, you can add or delete items as necessary. Just measure the amount you can have on your plan. ENJOY

Fresh Vegetable Skillet Dinner

2 tbs. butter, margarine or ICBINB spray
1 large onion (or green onions)
2 medium size yellow squash sliced (abt. 1/2 lb)
1 large bell pepper - any color - sliced
2 large tomatoes cut into wedges
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
3 cups packed fresh spinach
4 ozs. shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add squash and bell pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often.

Add tomato, salt and pepper; cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 - 10 minutes. Place spinach over mixture; cover and cook over low heat 3 additional minutes.

Add cheese; cover qand cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts and cheese melts. Serve immediately.

You can add other veggies - mushrooms, shredded red cabbage, zuccuhini, anything that is fresh and available. You can add cooked chicken too and serve over rice.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #614  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

SF pudding (small box)
1 scoop Whey powder
2 C. FF Milk
mix, makes four servings. I love the banana with 1/2 banana diced into it, and it is like pie.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #615  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I had the best dinner last night.

Lettuce Wraps

I sauteed 2 green onions, 1 Roma tomato, 1/2 green pepper, 1 small jalapeno in a pan sprayed with Pam, 2 T of water and a good shake of Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle. Then added a crumbled turkey burger from the grill a couple nights ago. I added 1/4 C low sodium black beans and let it cook for a few more minutes. I washed some lettuce leaves and spooned a nice amount on them. I cut up 1/2 oz Pepperjack cheese and sprinkled it on before I wrapped them up.

It was so good, I may have them again tonight!

https://picasaweb.google.com/rwquilt...05276502146978

Last edited by rwquilts; 08-14-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: add url
Closed Thread