Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #121  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
You're welcome!

It's good when you blend it, isn't it!!! I like to mix half and half HNS (example... 1/2 orange and 1/2 strawberry kiwi) in the blender with ice and water.... it's good too! give it a shot!
To piggy-back that idea, I have been hooked on an idea someone posted a few weeks ago. I mix a lemon HNS with a rasp or tangerine diet rite and ice. YUMMO Plus it makes a HUGE Icee-like drink. A couple of times I have even mixed a Fiber fill in there with it. Then it is extra fruity and delicious!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #122  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
To piggy-back that idea, I have been hooked on an idea someone posted a few weeks ago. I mix a lemon HNS with a rasp or tangerine diet rite and ice. YUMMO Plus it makes a HUGE Icee-like drink. A couple of times I have even mixed a Fiber fill in there with it. Then it is extra fruity and delicious!!!!

That one sounds really good, especially with the fiber fill! Great idea!!!! I'm going to try that one tonight!

I've done the tangerine diet rite, with orange HNS, and a vanilla pudding and it tastes (to me anyway) like an orange julius... very good too!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #123  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
That one sounds really good, especially with the fiber fill! Great idea!!!! I'm going to try that one tonight!

I've done the tangerine diet rite, with orange HNS, and a vanilla pudding and it tastes (to me anyway) like an orange julius... very good too!

I am having a chocolate craving and want to make the chocolate shake. Any ideas o blend it with and make it yummier? And bigger. I'm always looking for bigger. Oh, God, that sounds terrible!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #124  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I am having a chocolate craving and want to make the chocolate shake. Any ideas o blend it with and make it yummier? And bigger. I'm always looking for bigger. Oh, God, that sounds terrible!
Bad girl! haha!

Ummmm, I've taken a chocolate pudding and blended that with a Canfields Diet Chocolate Fudge soda and ice.... that's pretty good.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #125  
Denise

In the cookbook, they have this listed....

Pg 206
Chocolate Smoothy

1 pkg double chocolate pudding supplement
4 oz water
4 oz cottage cheese
2 pkg artificial sweetener
10 ice cubes (not 12, not 8... 10) haha!

Mix all ingredients in blender on high speed until smooth.

1 serving
1 creamy, 4 oz protein
Old 08-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 173/142/139(they say)

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmitche View Post
YOU ARE FULL OF GREAT COOKING IDEAS...THAT'S COOL TO MAKE THE COOKING FUN. THANKS.

LAST NIGHT, I BLENDED MY HNS IN A BLENDER WITH ICE AND WATER...VERY GOOD....THINK I GOT THAT IDEA FROM THIS THREAD.
I Like to blend my fruit in with my NS for Lunch It is delicious!! (ie: frozen strawberries, melon ns and water to the thickness you like!!) VERY tasty and filling too!!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #127  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Tried a new combination smoothie today and it turned out really good - tasted like the Nestle Quick Strawberry milk I used to have as a kid

1 can Diet Cream Soda
3/4 cup frozen, unsweetened, sliced strawberries (sliced is easier on your blender)
1 Vanilla Pudding HNS

Mix together and enjoy!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #128  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Tried a new combination smoothie today and it turned out really good - tasted like the Nestle Quick Strawberry milk I used to have as a kid

1 can Diet Cream Soda
3/4 cup frozen, unsweetened, sliced strawberries (sliced is easier on your blender)
1 Vanilla Pudding HNS

Mix together and enjoy!
That sounds delicious!!!!!!

I can't wait to try it!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #129  

Height: 5'3"

Default Cheesecake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post

Brainsgirl did you find the serving size of the cheesecake for breakfast a wee bit overwhelming? I tried it but would have been satisfied with only half what the serving called for. Very good though for sure.
No, the size of the cheesecake was GREAT! I am always pretty hungry for my next meal, so the rather large piece of cheesecake was a very welcome site!

What do you guys do with zucchini? Growing up the only way we had it was breaded and fried. I'm going to buy one today, but don't know what to do with it. Same with yellow squash........how do you cook it? Mindi
Old 08-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #130  

[QUOTE=ShineOn;2304987]brainsgirl - the chocolate cheesecake is one of my favorites! I ran out of chocolate pudding, so I made the Strawberry Banana cheesecake a couple days ago - it's pretty good - but chocolate is still my favorite. quote]

ShineOn, thanks for the tips on the choc. cheesecake! This is the flavor I'm making this week! Mindi
Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #131  
Dixie

I have created a very yummy chicken dish. I will suggest you adjust the portions to meet your protein requirements so I will just give the basics.

chicken tenders
shredded cheese
cabbage
Green Onion

I took the chicken and heavily coated it with Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle, Garlic and Herb and Extra Spicy (red pepper flakes) used olive oil to fry them in the skillet, lightly steamed the cabbage, placed the cabbage in a casserole dish, placed the spicey chicken on top of the cabbage, sprinkled shredded cheese and baked in the oven till the cheese was melted. Oh my goodness, delicious. I made this in a portion large enough for my DH and myself so measured out enough for my 4oz protein and veggie with a slice of bread and ICBINB. I will make this again.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #132  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
I have created a very yummy chicken dish. I will suggest you adjust the portions to meet your protein requirements so I will just give the basics.

chicken tenders
shredded cheese
cabbage
Green Onion

I took the chicken and heavily coated it with Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle, Garlic and Herb and Extra Spicy (red pepper flakes) used olive oil to fry them in the skillet, lightly steamed the cabbage, placed the cabbage in a casserole dish, placed the spicey chicken on top of the cabbage, sprinkled shredded cheese and baked in the oven till the cheese was melted. Oh my goodness, delicious. I made this in a portion large enough for my DH and myself so measured out enough for my 4oz protein and veggie with a slice of bread and ICBINB. I will make this again.
That sounds great!!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:24 AM   #133  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsgirl View Post
No, the size of the cheesecake was GREAT! I am always pretty hungry for my next meal, so the rather large piece of cheesecake was a very welcome site!

What do you guys do with zucchini? Growing up the only way we had it was breaded and fried. I'm going to buy one today, but don't know what to do with it. Same with yellow squash........how do you cook it? Mindi
My favorite way to do zucchini is to roast it in the oven - I usually add some yellow squash too. Slice it up either lengthwise or crosswise, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray it with Pam (I like the olive oil type for roasted veggies), spread the squash out on the pan, spray again with Pam & then sprinkle Mrs Dash or whatever seasoning you like on it. Roast at 400 for about 15-20 min. I add some fresh garlic cloves as well, and sometimes eggplant, I like the smaller Japanese eggplant, it's about the same size as the zucchini & squash so easier to get things all about the same size. Fresh mushrooms are good too.
It's also good sauteed in a little olive oil with some Italian seasoning and/or lemon pepper. That new Italian seasoning in the grinder is really good.

Last edited by Meemo; 08-12-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #134  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Banana Split Smoothie

Ok, I was in the mood for a liquid lunch today. This turned out so good, I had to write it down so I won't forget!! (don't forget, you still need to eat your veggies for lunch)

1 can of diet chocolate soda
1 packet HNS double chocolate pudding
4 ounces of low fat cottage cheese
3/4 sliced frozen strawberries (unsweetned)
1 capful of banana extract

Throw in the blender and mix it up - no ice required. This turned out so rich and thick, I had to eat it with a spoon and it had that great banana split taste too.

Last edited by ShineOn; 08-14-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #135  
Dixie

Last night I made turkey breast cutlets, they resemble pork chops somewhat (at the very least visually) I washed them with water and heavily seasoned them with various seasonings (Mrs Dash) table blend, garlic and herb and extra hot spicy, mixed up the creamy tomatoe HNS with the 2 tsp lemon juice, apple cidar vingar and 1/2 c boiling water and poured the mixture over the turke cutlets and baked for about 30-40 minutes on 375. It was quite good, the tang from the sauce added a nice flavor. I used to bake my pork chops after frying them covered in tomato paste. It was an old recipe made MRC friendly. My DH even liked it and he's a super picky eater.
Closed Thread