3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Metabolic Research Center Recipes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #586
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 47

Height: 5'3"

Default

Is there a new menu for the green meta slim (under 200) ?
brainsgirl is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #587
Junior Member
 
BOBCAT9976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15

S/C/G: 220/215/155

Height: 5'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
that's excellent! thks for sharing. i was wondering when they were going to add the Greek Yogurt - it has more protein than cottage cheese. the brown rice makes sense too and the corn since it's high fiber. is it instant grits or the real thing? down here in SC, Grits are the staple in our diet LOL! i'm from up north so grits weren't a big deal like here. we used to put sugar on our rice! and ate it like dessert. anyway, thanks for sharing. i wonder if it's for all the plans -very cool!
Bigdog..it says cooked grits. I probably won't bother. I made the 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal once and just thought that amount was laughable. I stick to the cottage cheese or eggs. I have tried the greek yogurt (even added half a scoop of Chocolate whey protien) and it just did not keep me full.
__________________
BOBCAT9976 is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #588
Junior Member
 
BOBCAT9976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15

S/C/G: 220/215/155

Height: 5'10"

Default

My husband and I have been working hard to come up with new and different things to eat. We are total foodies. Indian Food is really easy to modify for this diet. It seems a few nights a week our menu revolves our chicken, green peppers and scallions but by using different spices it really changes it up (though I smell like curry ).
__________________
BOBCAT9976 is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #589
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,304

Default

RECIPE FOR MAINTENANCE

This is an old WW recipe... Called BREAKFAST COOKIES, but I use them as a snack.
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats( I have used the regular oats with great
results)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup splenda.. If using agave nectar, it is the same amount.

Combine all ingredients together and mix well.. On cookie sheet make 5 large cookies and bake in preheated oven for 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
until done.

When I make them, I do not make 5 large ones, I make regular size cookies, and watch baking time.

Patzi
patzi is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #590
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,304

Default

THIS RECIPE IS FOR MAINTENANCE
You are able to change this to MRC as this is a South Beach Diet recipe provided by Kaly's Kitchn.. It is very good..I used my home made pesto that I always have frozen and used soy parmesan cheese


Turkey Pesto Meatloaf with Tomato Sauce
(Makes 4-6 servings, or about 8 slices of meatloaf; recipe adapted from Turkey Pesto Meatloaf at Culinate.)

Ingredients:
2 tsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 T finely minced garlic
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey (use ground turkey with less than 10% fat for South Beach Diet)
1/4 cup basil pesto (I used my homemade Basil Pesto with Lemon, but good quality purchased pesto will be fine.)
2 T finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup 100% whole wheat breadcrumbs (make in the food processor from 100% whole wheat bread if you can't find whole wheat breadcrumbs)
1/4 cup low-sugar marinara sauce (I used Classico tomato and basil sauce)
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar

Instructions:
Take the turkey out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature while you prep the other ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Spray a roasting pan with olive oil or nonstick spray (preferably a pan with some slits to let any extra fat drip out.)

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and saute the onion with medium-high heat until it's starting to slightly brown, about 7-8 minutes. Add the garlic, lower heat slightly, and saute about 2 minutes more.

Using a bowl that's large enough to get both hands into it, combine the ground turkey, sauteed onion and garlic, pesto, Parmesan cheese, salt, and whole wheat breadcrumbs. Use clean hands to mix the ingredients, just until they are combined.

Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place on the roasting pan. I like to use a butter knife to make diagonal slits into the top of the meatloaf, but that's optional.

Bake meatloaf for 40 minutes. While it bakes, stir together the marinara sauce and balsamic vinegar and after 40 minutes use a pastry brush to brush it onto the meatloaf, until it's completely covered with sauce. Continue to bake, brushing with more sauce a few more times if you have some left, until a meat thermometer shows a temperature of 160F/71C. I cooked my meatloaf for a total time of one hour and twenty minutes before it got to that temperature. Serve hot.

This freezes well. For best results, thaw in the fridge before reheating.


This printable recipe from KalynsKitchen.com.

Patzi
patzi is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #591
Senior Member
 
birdfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT9976 View Post
Bigdog..it says cooked grits. I probably won't bother. I made the 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal once and just thought that amount was laughable. I stick to the cottage cheese or eggs. I have tried the greek yogurt (even added half a scoop of Chocolate whey protien) and it just did not keep me full.
I cook several cups of oatmeal then have 1/4 cup with my breakfast. It is a small amount but works at least for now,LOL.
birdfeet is offline  
Old 02-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #592
Senior Member
 
bigdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 874

S/C/G: 208/193/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

I do the same thing and measure out 1/4 cup and add Splenda and cinnamon. And microwave It's great for a change and its nutty good. Like a little dessert
__________________

Carbs Are the Devil !
bigdog is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #593
Member
 
MrsKatydid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

Wink Crispy pita, awesome black beans and P.Faux Changs lettuce wraps

Take one 60 calorie pita. Spray with icbinb spray and sprinkle with Parmesan and garlic powder. Brown in oven under broiler until crispyOpen carefully and spread some brown spicy mustard (or whatever condiment floats your boat) and stuff with cold crispy veggies and turkey or chicken! Enjoy!

One can Goya Black Beans
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Onion powder
1 tbsp Fresh or 1 tspdried cilantro
1 tsp evoo
I packet Sazon Goya w/o annato seasoning
1/4 tsp cumin

Mix together over med heat about 10 minutes until flavored meld.


Mmmmm
Lettuce wraps

2 large chicken breast
Asparagus- 4 stalks chopped
Green onion chopped 2/3 cup
Olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic

Sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
2Tbspn rice wine vinegar
1 Tbspn brown sugar Splenda

Mix sauce - set aside
Sauté 2 cups chicken breast in olive oil 5 minutes on each side until done. Chop finely and mix with vegetables and garlic. Sauté in same oil chicken was cooked in. Add up to 1 Tsp more if needed. Add sauce and cook approx 5-10 minutes until asparagus is done.

Take large leaves of iceberg lettuce, and put a few spoonfuls of mixture in. Wrap up and eat!

Last edited by MrsKatydid : 03-02-2012 at 04:06 PM.
MrsKatydid is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #594
Member
 
MrsKatydid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

Default Correction for pita above

Nees to broil pita in oven until crispy and lightly browned on top!
Sorry - doing this from iPhone
MrsKatydid is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #595
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,304

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKatydid View Post
Take one 60 calorie pita. Spray with icbinb spray and sprinkle with Parmesan and garlic powder. Brown in oven under broiler until crispyOpen carefully and spread some brown spicy mustard (or whatever condiment floats your boat) and stuff with cold crispy veggies and turkey or chicken! Enjoy!

One can Goya Black Beans
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Onion powder
1 tbsp Fresh or 1 tspdried cilantro
1 tsp evoo
I packet Sazon Goya w/o annato seasoning
1/4 tsp cumin

Mix together over med heat about 10 minutes until flavored meld.


Mmmmm
Lettuce wraps

2 large chicken breast
Asparagus- 4 stalks chopped
Green onion chopped 2/3 cup
Olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic

Sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
2Tbspn rice wine vinegar
1 Tbspn brown sugar Splenda

Mix sauce - set aside
Sauté 2 cups chicken breast in olive oil 5 minutes on each side until done. Chop finely and mix with vegetables and garlic. Sauté in same oil chicken was cooked in. Add up to 1 Tsp more if needed. Add sauce and cook approx 5-10 minutes until asparagus is done.

Take large leaves of iceberg lettuce, and put a few spoonfuls of mixture in. Wrap up and eat!
Thanks for sharing this recipe... Good one..
Patzi
patzi is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #596
Senior Member
 
NotaFatBride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 153

Default

I was thinking about making meringue cookies with splenda. All that the recipe calls for is eggs whites, vanilla extract, and splenda. Would that be stretching the plan too much? I don't care for the cookies made with the supplements.
__________________


***Susie***

Lost 69 lbs in 2010 with MRC
Married 10-01-10
Baby Boy 09-18-11
Back on Plan 03-25-13

Inches lost:
2 weeks - 25 inches!
NotaFatBride is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #597
bespectacled weirdo
 
Galadreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 189

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
I was thinking about making meringue cookies with splenda. All that the recipe calls for is eggs whites, vanilla extract, and splenda. Would that be stretching the plan too much? I don't care for the cookies made with the supplements.
I tried the recipe in the cookbook, but cannot get them crispy, they just come out like little brown marshmallows. If you know how to make crispy merangues I welcome the knowledge.
Galadreal is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #598
Senior Member
 
NotaFatBride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 153

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadreal View Post
I tried the recipe in the cookbook, but cannot get them crispy, they just come out like little brown marshmallows. If you know how to make crispy merangues I welcome the knowledge.
Did you add cream of tarter? I think that might be the key. Is the meringue recipe in the new cookbook? I only have the old one.
__________________


***Susie***

Lost 69 lbs in 2010 with MRC
Married 10-01-10
Baby Boy 09-18-11
Back on Plan 03-25-13

Inches lost:
2 weeks - 25 inches!
NotaFatBride is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #599
bespectacled weirdo
 
Galadreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 189

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
Did you add cream of tarter? I think that might be the key. Is the meringue recipe in the new cookbook? I only have the old one.
Yup,

3 egg whites
1/8 tsp of cream of tartar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 packets of sweetener

fluff eggs and cream of tartar, add extracts and sweetener and bake for an hour at 225 (I think, I know it was in the 200s) The outside was kind of crispy, but the inside was very not.
Galadreal is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #600
Senior Member
 
NotaFatBride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 153

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadreal View Post
Yup,

3 egg whites
1/8 tsp of cream of tartar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 packets of sweetener

fluff eggs and cream of tartar, add extracts and sweetener and bake for an hour at 225 (I think, I know it was in the 200s) The outside was kind of crispy, but the inside was very not.
I googled it but couldn't find a definite answer. I wonder if it's the sweetener? Seems like traditional meringue has a lot more sugar. You could try to leave them in the oven for several hours after they're done baking. That might help dry them out.
__________________


***Susie***

Lost 69 lbs in 2010 with MRC
Married 10-01-10
Baby Boy 09-18-11
Back on Plan 03-25-13

Inches lost:
2 weeks - 25 inches!
NotaFatBride is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2