3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/131391-metabolic-research-center-recipes.html)

angierue 02-26-2008 10:59 AM

Let me ask you a quick question... Since you are using an HNS to make the meal, do you need to cut back on the actual amount chicken that you eat in order to make it what's required on your menu?

I ask because I am looking for ways to add protein without bulk. I have a lot of trouble eating all 6 oz of protein sometimes so I'd like to find ways to add protein to my meals.

Raemi13 02-26-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angierue (Post 2073137)
Let me ask you a quick question... Since you are using an HNS to make the meal, do you need to cut back on the actual amount chicken that you eat in order to make it what's required on your menu?

I ask because I am looking for ways to add protein without bulk. I have a lot of trouble eating all 6 oz of protein sometimes so I'd like to find ways to add protein to my meals.

Hi - Whether you are cooking with your HNS, or drinking it, or eating the jello - you still need to have your required amount of protein at your meal. I understand what you mean about 6 oz. of chicken, etc., but why not try to split it up. If it's lunch - have chicken with cheese, or cottage cheese on the side, or blend cottage cheese with some Ranch powder dressing for a salad dressing. Then you don't need to eat so much chicken. Tuna is easy to eat a lot of, and so it buffalo - like making a buffalo burger or something.

HumbleBee 03-07-2008 03:03 AM

Choco Frosty

1 pkg double chocolate pudding supplement
6oz chocolate diet soda
5 ice cubes

Mix all ingredients in blender on high speed until smooth. Pour into chilled glass.

Servings: 1
Beginning: All Menu Day 5
Replaces: 1 creamy supplement, 6oz diet soda

Meemo 03-08-2008 07:22 PM

My lunch today (the veggie & protein part):
8 oz mix of raw cucumber, grape tomatoes & green onion
dill to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste
a little sea salt
4 oz of cottage cheese
A little sprinkling of rice vinegar
Mix it all up. Not exactly rocket science, but it tastes really good.

The other ways I like to use cottage cheese:
For my lunch "dessert" mixed with some fresh berries or pineapple, add a splash of vanilla, a little splenda & maybe some fresh mint with the berries. Have a nice big salad & then this for "dessert".
For breakfast, mixed with my allotment of oatmeal. Add a little splenda & some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Surprisingly filling. Heat it all up together. (I like Irish oatmeal, cook enough for several mornings at one time, just mix & heat it up as you want it.)

3monkeysmomma 03-09-2008 07:07 PM

I went on an online hunt for chicken recipes, thought I would share what I found, I put in some substitutions that I thought might work for the stuff we can't have. And I may tweak them more to my taste or as necessesary to stay OP when I decide to try them.

Oatmeal baked chicken

1 1/2 cups oats
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (3 1/2) pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
1/2 cup milk (for MRC maybe use egg white wash instead)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted (for MRC maybe use a quick spray of Pam instead)

Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine oats, paprika, chili powder, salt if desired, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with skim milk and margarine and without added salt) equals 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat; also, 316 calories, 146 mg sodium, 62 mg cholesterol, 24 gm carbohydrate, 28 gm protein, 12 gm fat.

Baked Chicken and Brussels Sprouts

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 8 pieces
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (for MRC maybe use green onion?)
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
1 1/2 cups 99% fat-free chicken broth
Salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a skillet, heat oil and brown chicken. Lay chicken in a shallow baking dish and surround with Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle onions and rosemary over chicken. Add broth, salt and pepper. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover, increase oven temperature to 400 degrees, and bake 30 to 40 minutes, until sprouts are cooked firm, not mushy. Serve

Italian Herb Baked Chicken

4 chicken breast halves, bone in
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
2 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Empty contents of salad dressing mix package into a small bowl. Add water and mix well, then stir in olive oil and mix again. Note: DO NOT add vinegar as per package instructions.
Place chicken breasts 'wrong side up' in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the dressing mixture on each breast and spread over the surface.
Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts. Turn breasts over and spoon remaining mixture on to the topside. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and chicken is cooked through (juices run clear).

Baked Slow Cooker Chicken
1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika

Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika, and place in the slow cooker on top of the crumbled aluminum foil.
Set the slow cooker to High for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for about 8 to 10 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry bread crumbs (for MRC use melba)
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

HumbleBee 03-12-2008 05:50 AM

Rum Coffee

1 pkg vanilla cream pudding supplement
1 tsp. instant coffee, decaffinated
1 tsp. rum extract
8 oz water

Mix all ingredients in blender on high speed until smooth.

Beginning: All Menus Day 5
Replaces: 1 creamy supplement, 8 oz decaffinated coffee

HumbleBee 03-12-2008 06:08 AM

Pina Colada

1 pkg lemon supplement
10 oz diet pineapple orange soda or Crystal Lite
5 ice cubes
1 tsp rum extract
1 tsp coconut extract

blend all ingredients in blender on high until smooth. pour inta a chilled glass and enjoy.

Servings: 2
Replaces: 1 creamy, 5 oz diet soda

HumbleBee 03-12-2008 06:10 AM

Rockin' Eggnog

1 pkg artificial sweetener
6 oz water
4 ice cubes
1 tsp rum extract
dash nutmeg

Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth; pour into glass and dash with more nutmeg.

Replaces: 1 creamy

HappyDaisey 03-12-2008 05:09 PM

Has anyone tried these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumbleBee (Post 1999697)
Also, for a lunch, you can make apple chips. These are so simple and CRUNCH.
Slice an apple (uncored) into 1/8 in slices thru the core.
Remove seeds. I use a mandelin cutter for this, but you can do it by hand. Try to make the slices uniform.
Put a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet and sprinkle one pack of splenda (or the like) on the paper.
Set the apple slices on the paper. Do not overlap or they will bake together. Put in the oven at 225 F for about 1.5 hour.
Remove immediately from the cookie sheet and put on a cooling rack.

They will be crunchy like potatos. Feel free to sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon or curry powder before baking. They are very good and easy to be in a salad or beside a romaine wrap for lunch.

I tried these last night and they came out spongy and not tasting very good. I did something wrong - just not sure what.

Are you supposed to leave the skin on? I took the skin off before putting them in the oven. I put them in at 225 but maybe I should raise the temp?

Anyone have any suggestions?

jeweliek 03-12-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyDaisey (Post 2097099)
I tried these last night and they came out spongy and not tasting very good. I did something wrong - just not sure what.

Are you supposed to leave the skin on? I took the skin off before putting them in the oven. I put them in at 225 but maybe I should raise the temp?

Anyone have any suggestions?

I make these all the time. Had some for lunch today.
I do not skin them, but it shouldn't make a difference. Slice your apples (I have used golden delicious, fuji, and pink ladies). I use a mandelin to make them about 1/8".....if you have thicker or thinner slices you will need to adjust. Put down a piece of wax paper and spinkle with splenda. Place the slices on the pan. You have to do it 1 layer thick, don't overlap. 1 apple will fit on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, or nutmeg, or other seasoning combinations. Put in the oven at 250 degrees for about 50 min. but as I said you are dehydrating the apples so.....just watch them. It takes a while for them to bake out all the water. If the slices are thick it will take longer. You need to remove them from your pan right away or they will stick. They will be a little flexible when they first get out of the oven. I just take and set them in a bowl and let them cool a min. or two so they crunch up.

HappyDaisey 03-12-2008 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=jeweliek;2097135]I make these all the time. Had some for lunch today.QUOTE]

Thanks Jeweliek! :) I really appreciate it. I will try them again tonight.

Meemo 03-27-2008 11:32 PM

Sweet & Spicy Rub

This is good on all kinds of things - fish, chicken, veggies, even eggs. You can sub Mrs. Dash table seasoning for the seasoned salt, but I always just used regular seasoned salt - there's so much other stuff in there that it cuts back on the amount of salt per serving (not to mention that seasoned salt itself isn't all salt).

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings Rub

1/2 cup of Splenda
1 Tbsp Seasoned salt
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp celery salt
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp. cayenne or more if you like it hot

Combine everything & store in air tight container.

HumbleBee 03-29-2008 01:22 PM

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Sauerkraut

4 oz pork loin
1 oz green onion, chopped
3 oz sauerkraut fresh
1/2 tsp caraway seed (Durkee or Laurel Leaf brand)
cumin
salt pepper
rubbed sage to taste

Season the pork loin with cumin, sage, salt and pepper. Grill untill cooked inside but not dry. Lightly coat pan with Pam cooking spray. Saute the green onion unitl translucent. Add sauerkraut, caraway and heat through. Serve with pork loin.

Beginning: Meta-Slim Day 11 Meal: Dinner
Meta-Slim Plus Day 1 Meal: Dinner
Two Meal Plan: Meal: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
Replaces: 4oz protein, 4oz cooked veggies

3monkeysmomma 03-29-2008 07:05 PM

Fish Tacos

6 oz or 4 oz your fav fish (I use orange roughy, or cod)
paprika (use quite a bit)
seafood rub (a good coating of it)
lemon pepper (little bit is all you need)
sea salt
olive oil
50 or below calorie corn tortilla
pam

season fish with lemon pepper, rub, and paprika (I use alot of paprika)
heat a little olive oil in a skillet. Cook the fish until it flakes easily with a fork.
Place cooked fish in a small bowl or plate and break it up into smaller peices. Spray the corn tortilla with Pam and put it in the same skillet you cook the fish in. Cook and flip until it is slightly toasty and hot but still soft. Put tortilla on your plate and fill with your broken up fish, sea salt if desired. You can add veggies if you like.
If you are on the menu with 6 oz protein then all the fish won't fit in the tortilla so just eat the rest with a fork.
Delish!!

3monkeysmomma 03-30-2008 10:02 PM

Chili rellenos

MMMmmm I made chili rellenos for lunch. They were awesome. I put 4 Annaheim (sp) peppers (long green peppers) under the broiler to char the skin, I turned them a couple times to get all sides good and charred. Then put then in a paper sack and let them sit there for about 10 minutes. Then skinned them under cold water. Cut a slit in them and raked out the seeds. I browned some ground buffalo and seasoned it with ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika. I measured out my meat and cheese and stuffed it inside the peppers and secured it with a toothpick, then heated some olive oil in a pan and kinda seared it up some in the skillet I also sprinkled some of the above seasonings on top. I was able to have two of these beauties!! I saved a some meat and cheese to sprinkle on top when they were done. I have two more already made ready for lunch tomorrow. Next time I will do the prep work ahead of time. I can char the peppers and skin them ahead of time and keep in fridge, and if I have left over ground buffalo taco meat in the fridge i could make these in a snap. They were good even without the beloved sauce. You can also make this like a casserole I guess. Line them up in a pan and pop in the oven rather than sear them in a skillet. Oh they were so good .