Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #571  

S/C/G: 220/215/155

Height: 5'10"

I am with birdfeet....What is your secret for the Cream of Chicken. The Healthy Request Cream of Chicken still has a good bit of sodium.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #572  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I use the low sodium chicken bouillion . I use none of their supplements in recipes.

Patzi
I found a chicken bouillion that is sodium free.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #573  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi..
Here is a recipe I used when on Meta Slim and to this date.. I make them and freeze them and they are delicious.. You can substitute whatever you have to for whatever plan you are on.. Will also post this into regular recipes file.
I bring these to barbecue and have them vs. other meat host or hostess is
offering.. Being in the south, we barbecue all year and that is how I like mine
cooked.
It is Rachel Ray's recipe.

By: Rachael Ray

This burger mixes up two diner favorites: Greek salad, which sits on top of the burger; and spanikopita (spinach and feta pie), which is in the burger itself. Ingredients:1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), 1 turn of the pan, plus some for drizzling

Patzi
YUM!!! thanks for sharing!! :-)
Old 01-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #574  
Motivated Member

Default Cherry Jello Pudding

i just made up this recipe for Cherry Jello Pudding. i had some SF FF pudding mixes in the pantry and didn't want to throw them away so mixed w/ my cherry FF SF jello and Greek Yogurt. (probably not on plan but it's 8 servings and only 22 calories!) and i needed a dessert today!

i made the jello w/ two cups of water as directed, then added the vanilla pudding mix, another cup of water and greek yogurt. (could prob. add more greek yogurt for more protein) and add berries if you are eating for lunch dessert. Whisk all together and chill. It's so good!

Ingedients:
Jello Sugar Free Cherry, 2 cup

Jell-O (Jello) - Pudding & Pie Filling - Instant Vanilla Sugar Free & Fat Free, 4 serving (8g, 1/6 package)

Chobani - Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, 2 oz

Per Serving:

22 calories

3 carbs

0 Fat

1 protein

188 sodium

0 sugar

Last edited by bigdog; 01-21-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #575  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
i just made up this recipe for Cherry Jello Pudding. i had some SF FF pudding mixes in the pantry and didn't want to throw them away so mixed w/ my cherry FF SF jello and Greek Yogurt. (probably not on plan but it's 8 servings and only 22 calories!) and i needed a dessert today!

i made the jello w/ two cups of water as directed, then added the vanilla pudding mix, another cup of water and greek yogurt. (could prob. add more greek yogurt for more protein) and add berries if you are eating for lunch dessert. Whisk all together and chill. It's so good!

Ingedients:
Jello Sugar Free Cherry, 2 cup

Jell-O (Jello) - Pudding & Pie Filling - Instant Vanilla Sugar Free & Fat Free, 4 serving (8g, 1/6 package)

Chobani - Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, 2 oz

Per Serving:

22 calories

3 carbs

0 Fat

1 protein

188 sodium

0 sugar
sounds good,will have to try that with the jello HNS.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #576  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdfeet View Post
sounds good,will have to try that with the jello HNS.
that would be perfect. i have mixed the FF SF jello mix w/ vanilla protein powder (put in blender to mix well) it's good too! :-)
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #577  

Default trying to get started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Thanks so much!! I've never been anyone's hero before I made it below 200 on December 10th, almost exactly 3 months from my official start date. I only averaged 2 1/2-3 lbs. most times though so you could get there faster! I'm insulin resistant so I think that slows me down alittle. I had planned cheats on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, and last Friday...just because, but other than that, I've stayed on plan almost perfectly. I started exercising consistently on Dec. 1st. When I signed up and they told me I could lose 72 lbs. in 6 months, I was very skeptical but I figured even if I lost just 50lbs. I'd be happy. On the day my contract ended, I had lost 66.5 lbs. and I was thrilled!! They let me continue without resigning because I had been so good and I was getting pretty close to stabilization. If I can do it, so can you!!
Hello, And congrats on your weight loss!
I'm new to this site. And I would like to start MRC but at this time I cannot afford it. Would you mind sharing what the preconditioning,beige and green menu consist of? And the other steps that follow?
Thank you, and congrats again.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #578  
TX_KAT

S/C/G: 217 lbs

Height: 5' 3"

Red face Keep On, Keeping On !!

Keep on, keeping on!! I began my journey back in July on 2011 and have lost 60 lbs to date, along with 48.5 inches. It is a tough walk but a worthwhile one. I had knee surgery in November/2010 and was determined to get the weight off so my new knees (yes had total replacement in both at the same time), would make me feel like they should. I feel awesome now and my blood pressure is back to normal. I just wanted to encourage all that are beginners that Metabolic diet does work but takes determination, preservation and lots of no, no, no's.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #579  

S/C/G: 220/215/155

Height: 5'10"

BigDog-I just got a new menu that does include 5oz plain fat free greek yogurt on the diet under Group 1 Protein (200lbs + menu). There are a few new additions to the starches including a 1/4 cup of brown rice, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup of edamame, 2 oz potato, 1/4 cup of grits. It also allows for each meal for a fruit or a starch.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #580  
Motivated Member

you are right KMoore - this plan rocks! just remember the Carbs are the devil! and you do get a carb in the am and a carb for dinner. read through the recipes - try some new things so you don't get bored.

i look forward to my cinnamon toast (lite wheat w/ spray butter and cinnamon/splenda) and 2 eggs in the am (boiled, scrambled or over medium) sometimes i'll have the oatmeal and egg scrambled w/ cheese. love salads w/ lean beef, chicken or fish. the main thing is to have your foods on plan in the house so you will be prepared and not be tempted to go off plan. The HNSs keep me full and i mix them up to i don't get bored. for lunch, i usually add frozen berries to my lemonade HNS to have w/ my salad w/ protein.

you will feel so good that you'll wonder why you didnt eat like this before! and you're losing weight - what is there not to like?

and just remember that dessert or that food off plan that you're craving? it will still be available when you reach maintenance! really do not have to have it right now. find substitutes for the foods you miss. check out teacherlady's blog, read through the boards...alot of great tips on how to succeed and motivation big time here!

oh, this is funny, two people commented on my weight loss yesterday (and i see them every week- they just noticed!) it's because i had fitted clothes on (pencil skirt i hadn't been able to wear for two years!) guess i need to go shopping out of my closets again and try on some stuff.
Almost Friday - yippee yah!

Last edited by bigdog; 01-26-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #581  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT9976 View Post
BigDog-I just got a new menu that does include 5oz plain fat free greek yogurt on the diet under Group 1 Protein (200lbs + menu). There are a few new additions to the starches including a 1/4 cup of brown rice, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup of edamame, 2 oz potato, 1/4 cup of grits. It also allows for each meal for a fruit or a starch.
that's excellent! thks for sharing. i was wondering when they were going to add the Greek Yogurt - it has more protein than cottage cheese. the brown rice makes sense too and the corn since it's high fiber. is it instant grits or the real thing? down here in SC, Grits are the staple in our diet LOL! i'm from up north so grits weren't a big deal like here. we used to put sugar on our rice! and ate it like dessert. anyway, thanks for sharing. i wonder if it's for all the plans -very cool!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #582  

Quote:
that's excellent! thks for sharing. i was wondering when they were going to add the Greek Yogurt - it has more protein than cottage cheese. the brown rice makes sense too and the corn since it's high fiber. is it instant grits or the real thing? down here in SC, Grits are the staple in our diet LOL! i'm from up north so grits weren't a big deal like here. we used to put sugar on our rice! and ate it like dessert. anyway, thanks for sharing. i wonder if it's for all the plans -very cool!
Yes,that revised menu sure helps more. I am only allowed 4 oz though. But I add splenda and food flavoring or fruit to yogurt.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #583  

Quote:
you are right KMoore - this plan rocks! just remember the Carbs are the devil! and you do get a carb in the am and a carb for dinner. read through the recipes - try some new things so you don't get bored.

i look forward to my cinnamon toast (lite wheat w/ spray butter and cinnamon/splenda) and 2 eggs in the am (boiled, scrambled or over medium) sometimes i'll have the oatmeal and egg scrambled w/ cheese. love salads w/ lean beef, chicken or fish. the main thing is to have your foods on plan in the house so you will be prepared and not be tempted to go off plan. The HNSs keep me full and i mix them up to i don't get bored. for lunch, i usually add frozen berries to my lemonade HNS to have w/ my salad w/ protein.

you will feel so good that you'll wonder why you didnt eat like this before! and you're losing weight - what is there not to like?

and just remember that dessert or that food off plan that you're craving? it will still be available when you reach maintenance! really do not have to have it right now. find substitutes for the foods you miss. check out teacherlady's blog, read through the boards...alot of great tips on how to succeed and motivation big time here!

oh, this is funny, two people commented on my weight loss yesterday (and i see them every week- they just noticed!) it's because i had fitted clothes on (pencil skirt i hadn't been able to wear for two years!) guess i need to go shopping out of my closets again and try on some stuff.
LOL, carbs aren't the devil. That what you go by on a diabteic diet. A person can do really good if they watch the carbs and don't go over 60 per meal.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #584  

Quote:

Thanks a million for the helpful talk. I have been down lately and not able to get bcak to my gung ho self about program. Only have about 40 lbs to go . Thanks again
Old 01-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #585  

I am in preconditioning. I have gone through all these recipes and I am so excited to get my meal plan/menu so that I can start fixing all of these great recipes!!!
Closed Thread