Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post
I agree! The tuna casserole is GREAT! I have eaten it the last 2 nights for dinner.....has your protein/veg/carb all in one so you don't have to worry with getting a salad prepared or cooking other veggies. Since the serving size is 1 in the cookbook, I doubled the recipe and that way I had dinner for that night and a quick dinner to reheat for last night. That'll be a "go to" meal for me.

I HATE the tomato supplement....what spaghetti sauce are you trying? I'm interested!
I found the recipe you ladies were talking about for the tuna casserole. I will get the creamy chicken supplement tomorrow when I weigh in. It sounds tasty and something that's different. I will double the recipe because my sweetie will eat this too.

I used the sauce from the lasegna recipe for spagetti. Someone on here suggested that. Except that I left out the cottage cheese becaues I used meat for protein. Basically it was tomato chopped fine and I heated them and added spices and then ground turkey. I was nervous that I had used too many veggies though, the tomatos and then the squash. I was confused how to measure because the tomatoes actually weren't cooked and I get 8 oz raw, so, I think I got 5 ounces of tomatoes and 3 ounces of squash, which was cooked. I might have eaten too much, hopefully it doesn't slow me down.

On a bright note, first time with spagetti squash and I liked it!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #407  

What great ideas!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

I have been playing around with using the chocolate pudding as a smoothie and created this last night:

Almond Joy Smoothie
2/3c Water
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2tsp Coconut Extract
*1-2 packets of Splenda
1pkg Double Chocolate Pudding HNS
8 Ice Cubes

Blend all ingredents together in a blender

**I use 1 pack of Splenda at first and then after it is all mixed together I add a little more to taste...I also do this with the coconut extract.

***Counts as 1 creamy
Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #409  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
I have been playing around with using the chocolate pudding as a smoothie and created this last night:

Almond Joy Smoothie
2/3c Water
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2tsp Coconut Extract
*1-2 packets of Splenda
8 Ice Cubes

**I use 1 pack of Splenda at first and then after it is all mixed together I add a little more to taste...I also do this with the coconut extract.

***Counts as 1 creamy

This sounds good, I'll try this out.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish24 View Post

Almond Joy Smoothie
2/3c Water
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2tsp Coconut Extract
*1-2 packets of Splenda
8 Ice Cubes

***Counts as 1 creamy
GET OUT!! I Totally need to get some coconut extract asap! Thanks for the recipe :0)
Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Default ground buffalo

Here is something i did yesterday and am having for lunch today and its absolutely yummy:

Ground buffalo package from Target
3 Green onions
1 tbsp Cottage cheese
MRC chicken Bouillon
2 Fresh Lemons
1/2 cup of water

Spray a skillet with PAM, then throw in some MRS dash garlic mix and squeeze the two lemons in it. Let it simmer until you notice lemon juice is starting to dry up, then throw in chopped green onions, and the buffalo, Then slowly add water.
Let it cook for about 10 minutes. When the meat is turning brown, throw in the Chicken bouillon and let it mix up with the water and soak it up. After about 7 minutes throw in the cottage cheese and then let it cook on low heat for about 10 more minutes.

After this take it off the heat and drain the water.

you're done!

I had it for lunch today and its absolutely great.

At the end you will have about 12 oz cooked buffalo, which you can have for two meals.

Last edited by nabeelmalik; 10-02-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #412  

Default Chai Latte

Any one like chai latte?

I tried to make some tonight, was pretty good.. probably would have been much better with vanilla drink but I didn't have any in house so I substituted what I had...

Chai Latte Recipe:
2-4 Chai Tea Bags (Tazo brand is excellent and can be found at most grocery stores)
Hot Water
Vanilla Pudding Supplement or 1 container of Vanilla Drink
2 packets of Splenda

1st Make Chai Concentrate:
Heat Tea bags in 1.5 cups water on stove top to boiling, then turn down to low and steep for 15-20 minutes. Remove Bags, squeeze out liquid into pot and then continue to cook on stovetop to concentrate the liquid down to about 1/2 cup.

Next Make the "Milk" part of the Chai Latte:
Boil Water. Pour about 1 1/4 cup into a coffee cup. Add packet of pudding mix and 2 splenda packets. Whisk until blended completely. Add the 1/2 cup of tea concentrate or to your taste. Stir well and drink. Was pretty good.

To make with Vanilla Drink:
Pour contents of Vanilla drink container into coffee cup. Microwave until hot. Add chai tea concentrate and splenda to taste. Stir well and drink up.

I plan to get some of the vanilla drink this week and give it a try. Let me know if you try it.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

I experimented last night and fixe something that is so simple, I'm sure it's been covered here, on the recipe blog or maybe in the cookbook and I just didn't see it. But it's good!

Veggie Gratin

4 oz. broccoli and cauliflower, cut into small pieces with no stem
1 packet creamy chicken & vegetable soup HNS, dissolved in 6 oz. water
2 whole wheat Melba toasts, crumbled fairly fine

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a small, shallow oven-proof baking dish with Pam. Steam veggies for 2 minutes in a minimum of water. Drain. Add HNS dissolved in water. Mix well and add a couple turns of fresh-cracked pepper. Add Melba crumbs and mix lightly. Pour into baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until edge is bubbly and brown.

Enjoy!
-- JJ
Old 10-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #414  

Default Spaghetti Squash & Hamburger Pie

I found this recipe on another website and changed it to fit MRC...I made it last night and it was good...I reduced the cheese amount and it still turn out great...it was a nice change and my kids like it a lot as well...

SPAGHETTI SQUASH & HAMBURGER PIE

1 spaghetti squash - halved, seeds removed
1 beaten egg
1/3c parmesan cheese (optional)
1 lb ground beef or turkey (pre-cooked)
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2c chopped green onions
1/4c chopped green pepper
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 chopped tomatoes (optional)
Pepper (salt to taste, but the cheese and tomatoes have enough)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (use less if preferred)

How To Prepare: Cut spaghetti squash in half & remove seeds & microwave 12 mins for each half in 1/2c of water. Remove inside w/fork. Put squash on paper towel, top with more paper towels. Press to remove as much moisture as possible. Put into bowl and continue to cool.

Sauté onion, pepper and garlic in 2T olive oil until tender. Add ground beef or turkey, Italian seasoning and tomatoes. Cook on med-high for approx 5 minutes, or until most of the moisture is gone. Stir in ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese.

Add 1 beaten egg to cooled spaghetti squash; parmesan cheese and some ground pepper (omit cheese if you don’t want it). Press into 9x9 pan sprayed w/ Pam. Top with hamburger mixture and then top with ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

Cut it into 6 portions.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #415  

Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup blueberries
2 eggs (beaten)
1 package Vanilla Cream Pudding

Mix together eggs and pudding until smooth, fold in blueberries, pour into a muffin pan and cook on 350 degrees or until top is light brown...cool and enjoy.

Replaces: Protein, fruit and a creamy supplement. To be eaten at lunch

Legal Mayonnaise
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
3-4 tsp lemon juice

Combine in blender until smooth, can store in refrigeration for up to two weeks.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #416  
Jaime in E. TX

S/C/G: 292.5/277.5/size 10

Height: 5'4"

Karen1234....I posted a similar drink on an earlier page, Vanilla Chai!!

OMG...isn't it so good! I love having this at the end of my day. Such a treat!

Jaime
Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimesgettinskinny View Post
Karen1234....I posted a similar drink on an earlier page, Vanilla Chai!!

OMG...isn't it so good! I love having this at the end of my day. Such a treat!

Jaime
I missed that... I'll have to look back and find your version to test it :0)
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #418  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I found this recipe on another website and changed it to fit MRC...I made it last night and it was good...I reduced the cheese amount and it still turn out great...it was a nice change and my kids like it a lot as well...

SPAGHETTI SQUASH & HAMBURGER PIE

1 spaghetti squash - halved, seeds removed
1 beaten egg
1/3c parmesan cheese (optional)
1 lb ground beef or turkey (pre-cooked)
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2c chopped green onions
1/4c chopped green pepper
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 chopped tomatoes (optional)
Pepper (salt to taste, but the cheese and tomatoes have enough)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (use less if preferred)

How To Prepare: Cut spaghetti squash in half & remove seeds & microwave 12 mins for each half in 1/2c of water. Remove inside w/fork. Put squash on paper towel, top with more paper towels. Press to remove as much moisture as possible. Put into bowl and continue to cool.

Sauté onion, pepper and garlic in 2T olive oil until tender. Add ground beef or turkey, Italian seasoning and tomatoes. Cook on med-high for approx 5 minutes, or until most of the moisture is gone. Stir in ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese.

Add 1 beaten egg to cooled spaghetti squash; parmesan cheese and some ground pepper (omit cheese if you don’t want it). Press into 9x9 pan sprayed w/ Pam. Top with hamburger mixture and then top with ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

Cut it into 6 portions.
mmm... gonna have to try this and the blueberry muffins... I love those things! There's a coffee shop in our hospital that carries the gargantuan ones with a million blueberries in them and they look so good but no.... must not stray... thanks for the recipes!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #419  

Default Blueberry Muffin Update

So I made the blueberry muffins today, one mix made two muffins, I actually made enough for a full muffin tray...each muffin puffed up like a souffle and then fell after cooling, it was tasty but a little rubbery. I sprayed ICBINB and ate away, nice change for lunch with a salad and HNS. I recommend spraying the muffin sheet with pam really well as my muffins stuck. Its too bad we can not add a little oatmeal flour to give them more of a muffin texture...anyway I have put the rest in the freezer for future use...I will make again for sure.

BTW - I had the vanilla wafers yesterday and died and went to heaven...they were so yummy!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
So I made the blueberry muffins today, one mix made two muffins, I actually made enough for a full muffin tray...each muffin puffed up like a souffle and then fell after cooling, it was tasty but a little rubbery. I sprayed ICBINB and ate away, nice change for lunch with a salad and HNS. I recommend spraying the muffin sheet with pam really well as my muffins stuck. Its too bad we can not add a little oatmeal flour to give them more of a muffin texture...anyway I have put the rest in the freezer for future use...I will make again for sure.

BTW - I had the vanilla wafers yesterday and died and went to heaven...they were so yummy!!!!
Vanilla wafers? Please tell me more!!!!
Closed Thread