3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/131391-metabolic-research-center-recipes.html)

kclewis5606 09-09-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SassyTexan (Post 2344175)
Can any of you share some recipes for salad dressings, I prefer Ranch but I know it's hard to find a "good" one.
Are any of the store bought dressing O.K?

Also, I've seen the MRC dressing mentioned, and wonder what that one is also.

Thanks!!:)

Sassy - I found a dressing recipe today for strawberry vinagrette and it goes like this:

1/2 C olive oil
1/2 C sliced strawberries
1 tsp. mustard
2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
artificial sweetner to taste (depends on sweetness of strawberries)

Puree strawberries in blender or food processor. Add vinegar, mustard & seasonings. Blend. Then add olive oil. Blend until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.

This would be good at LUNCH on a green salad with strawberries and chicken.

Rocky49 09-11-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kclewis5606 (Post 2353755)
Sassy - I found a dressing recipe today for strawberry vinagrette and it goes like this:

1/2 C olive oil
1/2 C sliced strawberries
1 tsp. mustard
2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
artificial sweetner to taste (depends on sweetness of strawberries)

Puree strawberries in blender or food processor. Add vinegar, mustard & seasonings. Blend. Then add olive oil. Blend until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.

This would be good at LUNCH on a green salad with strawberries and chicken.

Yum! Thanks much. I'm gong to try to make some this weekend. I get so bogged down during the week, I have to plan plan plan on the weekends what I am going to take to work with me for lunch. Thanks again!:)

ShineOn 09-13-2008 04:53 PM

Mock Margarita's - MaryV's recipe

Blend together
1/2 container crystal light lemon lime drink
1 pkg strawberry kiwi HNS
1 cup ice
12 ounces water
4 ounces sprite zero
Makes 2 8 ounces servings (1/2 HNS replacement). Personally, I would drink the whole thing - make sure to put it in a pretty glass and maybe rim it with splenda.

ShineOn 09-13-2008 04:56 PM

Orange Creamsicle - from the MRC cookbook (pg 196)

8 ounces low fat, low sodium cottage cheese
1 pkg vanilla cream supplement
1 pkg orange supplement
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 can diet soda (I would probably use diet cream soda)
Blend cottage cheese and then add other ingredients.. Pour into popsicle holders or paper cups, add sticks and freeze.

Servings: 2
Breakfast or Lunch only
Replaces: 4 oz protein, 1/2 clear supplement, 1/2 creamy supplement.

I haven't tried this one yet. Too impatient to wait for it to freeze ;)

ShineOn 09-13-2008 04:59 PM

Special Chili - from the MRC cookbook

4 oz ground extra lean round steak (I use bison)
4 Tbsp. chopped green onion
1 pkg tomato supplement (blended in the 6oz water before adding)
6 oz water
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 cup bean spouts, chopped
Brown meat in skillet sprayed with Pam. Add onions, tomato supplement and seasonings. Simmer 15 minutes. Add bean sprouts, and cook until tender. Serve with 2 slices melba toast.

I've made this one several times and just love it. Reminds me of chili with lots of crunched up crackers. I do add a little more seasonings - especially the chili powder - I like it flavorful!

Meal: Dinner
Replaces 4 oz protein, 4 oz cooked vegetables, 1 supplement.

ShineOn 09-13-2008 05:03 PM

A New Smoothie Creation!

You all know how I love my smoothies. I created another one today that is really yummy. I've been trying to use up my HNS, so I'm trying new combinations.

1 can diet cream soda
1 pkg strawberry kiwi HNS
combination of frozen sliced strawberries & frozen pinneapple (both unsweetened).

Blend until smooth and creamy. It's important to use sliced frozen strawberries because the whole ones can really cause damage to your blender. I guess you could use fresh, but I prefer the frozen because it's easy to measure and then I don't need to add ice. It really has a creamy taste without having to use up one of your creamy HNS options for the day.

Meal: lunch only (unless you are allowed fruit at another meal with your plan). Replaces your fruit exchange and clear HNS.

rn5192008 09-16-2008 10:15 PM

We had a cooking class today here's what was on the menu:

Pizza Sauce:

1 pkg. Metabolic Tomato Soup
Onion powger, oregano, garlic powder to taste
1 small tomatoe
1 tsp of olive oil

Blend to desired consistency. Roll out 40 cal bread or use tortilla and any topping that are on plan Enjoy

Chicken Dressing

1 pkg of Metabolic Cream of Chicken Soup
40 Calorie bread
1 serving of chicken cooked, shredded
celery,green onion you can also add mushroom and green peppers
onion and garlic powder to taste

Bakeat 325 until browned

This is a whole dinner Enjoy

kclewis5606 09-17-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rn5192008 (Post 2365084)
We had a cooking class today here's what was on the menu:

Pizza Sauce:

1 pkg. Metabolic Tomato Soup
Onion powger, oregano, garlic powder to taste
1 small tomatoe
1 tsp of olive oil

Blend to desired consistency. Roll out 40 cal bread or use tortilla and any topping that are on plan Enjoy

Chicken Dressing

1 pkg of Metabolic Cream of Chicken Soup
40 Calorie bread
1 serving of chicken cooked, shredded
celery,green onion you can also add mushroom and green peppers
onion and garlic powder to taste

Bakeat 325 until browned

This is a whole dinner Enjoy

These both sound yummy! Does the cream of chicken need to be diluted with any water or do you use it dry?

rn5192008 09-18-2008 11:23 AM

You use about 3 oz of water for the stuffing

KeepinOnandOn 09-25-2008 09:56 AM

Pancakes

Just thought I would post this pancake recipe that my mom came up with. I know there's one in the cookbook but this one doesn't require using your creamy for the day. I had so much trouble with breakfast and all the eggs in the beginning since I don't like cottage cheese so this has been a life saver for me! You can't taste the cottage cheese in this recipe.

Pancakes

2 pkgs Splenda
1 egg
1/8 C. oatmeal
3 oz. cottage cheese
1/8 tsp. cinnamon (I add a little more because I love it)
1/4 tsp. flavoring of choice (I use vanilla)

Combine all in blender and blend until smooth. Makes 2 nice size pancakes. I use Walden Farms syrup to top it off.

Works great in the Magic Bullet.

LauraSerendipity 09-26-2008 10:28 AM

Breakfast

This is a wonderful breakfast that seems to really stick with you, and i figured since the whole program is a higher protien, lower carb plan.. Why not make the carb have a lot of protien and fiber as well...

Here's what i do;
1 Egg
1 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
1/4 C Black Beans (the ones i use have garlic powder, and some other spices, but make sure you get ones that don't have sugar...) THe chili lime ones would be good too..

I make an omlette but there have been times when I am rushed and just scramble the egg and then add the cheese and beans to to scrambled eggs. Yummy.. the only thing is the black beans can turn the eggs kind of a purply color,, just a heads up.

Hope at least one person enjoys ! :)

Texasgirl123 09-26-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn (Post 2378752)
Just thought I would post this pancake recipe that my mom came up with. I know there's one in the cookbook but this one doesn't require using your creamy for the day. I had so much trouble with breakfast and all the eggs in the beginning since I don't like cottage cheese so this has been a life saver for me! You can't taste the cottage cheese in this recipe.

Pancakes

2 pkgs Splenda
1 egg
1/8 C. oatmeal
3 oz. cottage cheese
1/8 tsp. cinnamon (I add a little more because I love it)
1/4 tsp. flavoring of choice (I use vanilla)

Combine all in blender and blend until smooth. Makes 2 nice size pancakes. I use Walden Farms syrup to top it off.

Works great in the Magic Bullet.

Just wondering, do you cook the oatmeal before adding it or do you add uncooked oatmeal????

DKRiley 09-26-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraSerendipity (Post 2380759)
This is a wonderful breakfast that seems to really stick with you, and i figured since the whole program is a higher protien, lower carb plan.. Why not make the carb have a lot of protien and fiber as well...

Here's what i do;
1 Egg
1 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
1/4 C Black Beans (the ones i use have garlic powder, and some other spices, but make sure you get ones that don't have sugar...) THe chili lime ones would be good too..

I make an omlette but there have been times when I am rushed and just scramble the egg and then add the cheese and beans to to scrambled eggs. Yummy.. the only thing is the black beans can turn the eggs kind of a purply color,, just a heads up.

Hope at least one person enjoys ! :)

I have been looking for an opportunity to get beans in (I love beans) as well as something different for breakfast so I will certainly try this one.

KeepinOnandOn 09-26-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasgirl123 (Post 2380780)
Just wondering, do you cook the oatmeal before adding it or do you add uncooked oatmeal????

You add uncooked oatmeal. I blend it all together in the magic bullet and it works great. Hope you enjoy them!

tkdtara84 09-27-2008 11:09 PM

This morning I made the "mock snickerdoodles" in the cookbook with a choc. pudding supplement instead of the vanilla-- definitely hits the chocolate craving

1 egg, beaten
1/4 c. oatmeal
1 packet splenda
1 pudding supplement (vanilla or chocolate)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

mix, drop by spoonfulls onto a cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

They end up puffy, so they're more like oatmeal puffs, but I always make them for Saturday and Sunday breakfasts when I have a bit more time than during the week. However, they only take about 3 minutes to prep, 10 minutes to bake, and it's nice for a change of pace.