Old 12-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #61  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

4myltl1s: thanks so much for sharing that. I suspect that something similar is true for me and am working with a therapist to sort it out. Actually, I don't suspect it, I know it. A date rape in college. But I so want to own my body again and enjoy it again. Let's keep checking in on those sabotage thoughts, okay? Maybe we can get each other through them.
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:30 PM   #62  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Goal4Life: Your goals sound reasonable and achievable. I'm rooting for you, girlfriend!
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I have loved reading about all the successes in the last couple of days. I survived my "procedure"-- missing all the food and then eating all that when I got home, I wi today and I gained .5. That is ok, I expected something to happen after all that op behavior! Now back to work, I really want to get this last 20 off!

DH sent me a very sweet e-mail today, said he is not very good about telling me how proud he is of my dedication to losing weight and how he likes the changes he is seeing in me. I have a hard time accepting compliments, but that was really nice.

This weekend we have a couple of open houses... I am going to eat before we go and I am not worried about the food, but the wine is my downfall....I feel left out if I don't have a drink in my hand....Maybe I should put water in a wine glass....lol. The holidays are not easy, are they??

4mylitl1s and Texdoc: I think there are more of us out there than anyone realizes... those things that happened a long time ago do not go away. I have been talking to a therapist also and trying to work through it, too.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Isn't it really interesting (if you can call it that), that how many of our problems of overeating and being overweight - don't actually have to do with food???

I had a family counselor tell me that years ago - and just reading your posts, I totally believe that it's true.

Does everyone here go to the classes that are offered at the centers (if they are like mine, they have a psychologist that teaches once per week). I have been going the last couple of weeks, and, boy, I sure am learning a lot about myself!

Hang in there everyone - you are all beautiful and strong, and you deserve the best for yourselves....I hope you all believe that!

Rae
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Anyone heard from Donuts? I miss his inspirational inputs.
Jant..you still doing ok? I know you were struggling last week.

Still struggling...up 1.5 lbs today at WI. Way too many goodies coming in my office this Christmas. I'm doing good staying away from anything sweet but my hand has been in the pecans & cashews much too often. I had a bad experience at the center today....One of the counselors called my cell (I've been avoiding the MRC this week) as I was leaving the grocery store and I agreed to run in to weigh.... and I stressed that was all I had time for today. When I got there....the lady that called me disappeared while I was in the potty. So I told the others I only had time to WI and 2 of the center ladies were ready to pounce on me! I wanted to SCREAM "I need encouragement, not a hassle!" I knew I had been non-compliant (good orthodontic term ) but I'm trying to get my act back together. Anyway, I left even more discouraged (ticked-off) than before I went in and asked them to have the counselor call me. She did call and I expressed to her that I felt railroaded (is that a word?) and I didn't appreciate it. She is a really sweet lady and we worked out any differences.

I really believe in the MRC plan and I have lost a lot of weight on this program. I know it works....I just have to work it. Thanks for asking Goal4Life...BTW congratulations on your loss! You are doing great!!!! I know you can do 8lbs by Christmas!

texdoc2001 Congratulations on being ONE-DER-FUL!! So proud of you!!!

I'm so sorry some of you are hurting from long ago experiences and I'm glad to hear you are seeking help. My weight problem isn't the result of physical trauma....I come from a family that celebrates EVERYTHING with food! My dad developed Type II diabetes and heart problems from being overweight. I want to avoid the problems that caused him years of sickness.

Ok, I'm motivating myself to hit the water and fish! Thank you, my on-line friends for being wonderful listeners! Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

JanT

Last edited by jantdieting; 12-14-2007 at 06:38 PM.
jantdieting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #66  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Well ladies i had my class this morning and it went well .They started me on the medi-slim plus plan . fyi they told me that i could do 5 aday of the hns...so maybe it does depend on your food plan because a ladie in class was told to only do 4 max? Do you all find that adding more of the hns makes you lose faster?Congrats to all that lost and to all that are just sticking to plan you all are an inspiration for me! is anyone on the liquid minerals i did buy them today they taste yummy, and by the way i got the cortisol today from i herb but i am a little nervous about trying them..i dont know why? Any way so i ended up buying the wildberry ,pink lemonade,mixed berry,and orange clears and for the creamies i got the hot cocoa and the cream of chicken and veggie soup has anyone had the soup?
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:21 PM   #67  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTYBEAN01 View Post
Hi all Just wanted to post regarding the HNS. Lilyanna, you said you were drinking 5 per day. Maybe everyone can see what their centers are saying about this, because if 5 is better than 4 I would rather do what will help the most! Lemme know! Thanks
Hey Christy,

I told my center today that I was taking 5 a day and they did a happy dance. That is what they recommended for me. So who knows?? I have noticed that every center does some things different. I am continuing on 5, at least for the time being. I need to get through the holidays!
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #68  
On her way

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdoc2001 View Post
BROKE THE PLATEAU!!!!!AND THE 20 POUND MARK!!!!AND THE 200 LB MARK111111Just feels like a stellar day.

Thanks for all the support during this plateau, guys. I'm a happy girl today!

Congrats texdoc!! That is fantastic!! Or that is "one-derful" as someone said before! I can't wait to reach that point. I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #69  
On her way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinMinney View Post
Hi there,
I just called our Oregon MRC manager and she said that eavh MRC is actually privately owned, although they should all be the same. She said that the green menu is 4, as we already knew , but the menus that have 5 for a max are still 5. She said that things hadn't changed. Just to give you her input. I know she is actually the herb/vitamin trainer for the whole company.

For what it's worth... Carol

Thanks Carol for making that call! I was going to do it first thing in the morning
Old 12-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #70  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyannas Mom View Post
Hey Christy,

I told my center today that I was taking 5 a day and they did a happy dance. That is what they recommended for me. So who knows?? I have noticed that every center does some things different. I am continuing on 5, at least for the time being. I need to get through the holidays!

Great to hear it! I think that 5 a day seems to be the better route for quicker results! I went to WI today and had a different counsler and she said 5 a day, so I am going back to that! Thanks for the reply, and you will do great through the hoilday!
CHRISTYBEAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #71  
On her way

Graduatethin - Instead of wine, perhaps make a grape HNS to carry around in a wine glass. The color would at least be the same Just a thought.

I am sorry to hear about the physical traumas that have happened to people. I was always emotionally abused by an ugly step-parent. I, too, am going through intensive therapy for my post traumatic stress syndrome because of that horrible man. I always made myself feel better with food. It does seem that alot of this stuff does not come because of food, but because of feelings. I know that I am an emotional eater!!

Today I went in for a WI. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but when I hopped on my scale this morning after peeing and being naked and I saw how much I had dropped I had to go in. Of course once you put on the jeans, and all the clothes, you add 50 more pounds But I went in and was down another 1.5 pounds making it a 4.5 pound week (and I cheated twice). Not too shabby. I think having the 5 HNS helps me out a lot. When I went in I was so excited about the cooking class tonight. Dummy me... it was last night! I missed it *cries* but I got the recipes. I will go next month for sure!

I hope that you all do well this weekend so we have more awesome wi's this week ahead. I hope to hit the 20 pound board. We shall see!!!!

to all my great and wonderful MRC friends. You mean more than I can say.....
Old 12-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #72  

Default Recipes from MRC, Auburn AL

I just received 2 recipes from my center via email. Hope you enjoy!
JanT

Sparkling Fruit Jello
2 pkgs. Gelatin Supplement
Fresh or frozen fruit (strawberries, pineapple, peaches)
4 oz. water
4 oz. diet lemon-lime soda
Mix Gelatin Supplement with 4 oz. boiling water until dissolved. Add fresh or thawed frozen fruit and 4 oz diet soda. Refrigerate until set. Makes 2 servings.

Soft Spritz Cookies
1 Vanilla Cream Pudding
1 egg
2 Tbsp Splenda
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 ½ tsp water (want a cookie batter consistency)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Whisk all ingredients together. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 min. Either drop cookies by the spoonful or use a cookie press to create shapes. Bake on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam for 7 minutes. May sprinkle with additional Splenda or Splenda with food coloring. Enjoy! Makes 1 serving.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:11 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Thank you everyone for your support! I know this journey would have been next to impossible if I had to do it on my own. One of the things that made me decide to lose the weight for good was realizing that by gaining all the weight and not living my life to the fullest, I changed a single event of being a victim into twelve years of being victimized. I will no longer be a victim. I hope everyone who has suffered similar is able to say the same thing. I read a quote that has stuck with me for years, I do not know who said it, but it comes to mind often.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Jant – you can do this, you have always been such an inspiration to me. It is good that you let them know how you felt about their behavior. You have been doing great on this plan. Everyone hits a rough patch and I know you will not let this beat you. You are a fighter and you know what you want.
4my2ltl1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:22 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4my2ltl1s View Post
Jant – you can do this, you have always been such an inspiration to me. It is good that you let them know how you felt about their behavior. You have been doing great on this plan. Everyone hits a rough patch and I know you will not let this beat you. You are a fighter and you know what you want.
Thanks!!! I'm back on track so I want a big loss before I go cruising 12/20! The support here is great! When I log on regularly and keep up with everyone....it's like "weight loss is contagious"! I'm ready for the fat burning bug to bite me again!!!

Night-night!
JanT
Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM   #75  

Height: 5'7

Great losses everyone! Keep up the good work. It took me awhile to catch up on my reading-it's been a busy week.

Moliver- I had the same thoughts about the creamies also. When I think back I was drinking the hot choc for several mornings when my plateau started.

When I weighed in last Thur I was 1 lb away from that 20 lb board. (Congrats Tex Doc on making that 20 lb. board!)My back went out on Friday and I popped ibruprophen and tylenol all weekend to help with swelling and pain. On Monday I weighed in and had gained 1 1/2 lb. Bummer! My counselor gave me a 4 day menu (they called it a focus menu) to break plateau. I'm not a big fan of some of the cooked veggies like broccoli and cauliflower but I love cauliflower raw. On the 4 day diet choices were limited I had to face that challenge and eat them cooked. I found that I kinda like the broccoli cooked but the cauliflower was not so great! I don't have access to a microwave at work so I even ate cold cooked broccoli this week for lunch - you do what ya gotta do! Anyway at WI yesterday I had lost 2 lbs-making me .5 lbs away from that 20 Pound Board! If I don't hit that board on Monday I may just have to kick start my program with a brownie! Just joking but it can get discouraging at times. Something else on ibruprophen - one of the counselors said she had seen certain brands that contain caffeine-so I guess we better pay attention to some of the over the counter drugs also. She also told me to decrease my flax back down to 2 each meal. I asked why and she said I could be getting to much fat...(3 less pills a day is fine with me.)

Raemi- I also have hypo-thyroidism and take All Day Weight Loss pills I have no problem with them. They told me I could not take the Enhancer. I only have one kidney so I can only take 3 HNS a day. They actually gave me the wrong menu and didn't realize this until a month into program. But the menu I should have gotten would have slowed things down and I opted to stay on green menu since I was doing fine. Last weekend was the first time I had something off plan- I caved and the chocolate callled my name until I had 3 pieces and I didn't feel too guilty-I held out for 46 days-no candy,choc,chips. That slip shouldn't have been my 1 1/2 gain.

I'm hoping for the losses to speed up and praying I'm over my 1st plateau-none of us are immuned to plateaus-darn it! For all the new guys this site is a great source of support and you'll pick up alot of good information-sometimes more than your own center offers. Thanks guys for being here and let's not give up because we can do this and hopefully this will be our last weight loss rodeo. Many Blessings to all.
me first this time is offline   Reply With Quote