Old 11-22-2007, 10:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Well, I made it through that! I took my bag of green beans and ate turkey and drank water. They had a veggie tray so I ate some cauliflower and grape tomatoes. I didn't get my fruit in today or my bread. Oh well, we will see tomorrow when I WI. I did have one cracker with a little cream cheese and this cranberry salsa- couldn't resist trying it, just glad I didn't have any more. I resisted all other bites and licks. It was a long day at the in-laws- they were all drinking and carrying on. I was really tired and bored! I am going to get up early tomorrow and do a little shopping- may be crazy! Then I have to survive the football game at a sports bar with my dh and a bunch of friends. Will it ever end?? Ha!

Take care everyone and congrats on the T-Day successes!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #32  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieBare View Post
I am trying some of the suppliments to see how I feel about them, but I'm mostly going to do the HNS and the plan. I can't really afford all the extra stuff. I like the 5HTP a lot, but I'm still reserving my judgment on the others. I might get my flax from somewhere else, and I haven't tried the multi yet. I was topically allergic to PABA when I was a kid (which is in there) and multi's have been known to give me raging migraines... when i'm feeling well I'll take one in the morning and see how it goes.

Oh i'm getting long winded, I appologize. I did want to tell Deb my secret for drinking 4 liters a water a day for years now... Keep a bottle handy at all times. Get a fresh one for the car in the morning. Keep a fresh full one by your mouse pad all day. I find myself reaching for it every time I am thinking, and I get my bottles in a lot easier that way!
Welcome, Teddie! Hope you're feeling better!
Just a FYI - you can pick up 5HTP at Target & CVS (& other places, I'm sure, but I know those two for sure) MUCH cheaper than MRC. I really like it too. Flax is much cheaper elsewhere as well. The only things I got from MRC were the ones I couldn't get anywhere else.
And I agree with you on the water. I'm a fan of getting a 32 oz styrofoam cup from Sonic or wherever, and I try to get in 4 of those full of water every day. It's harder for me in the winter, tho! One way to keep track - put 4 pennies (or however many cup/bottle fulls you're trying to drink) in a stack in the window in the kitchen - move a penny off the stack for every cup/bottle you drink. Hope I'm making sense - I'm not the best explainer!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #33  
Em

Congratulations to everyone who made it through today without cheating - I'm guessing you feel a lot better than I do tonight! Makes it easy to get back to business tomorrow, tho!
Oink.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:44 AM   #34  
Julie

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Supplements

Hi Everyone... Can ya'll tell me what your taking as far as supplements go? Thanks for the info Em previously. I am thinking of trying the Enhancer and let go of the All Day Weight Loss since they say you are suppose to switch off. Has anyone had better luck with either of them?

I would love to hear from everyone what they absolutely cannot do without and know it is aiding in their weight loss!

Thank you! Julie
RamsWife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #35  
Julie

Default 5htp

I know they brought 5HTP back to the market, it had been removed from the shelves years ago... I will have to research the product but would really love to hear from all of you how you like it and the benefits of 5HTP.

Also Chromium and MSM ... is anyone taking this and seeing results added to the plan?

Because of the expense of the products from my center (not sure if they are all priced the same at each center, I am shelling out hundreds and hundreds each month) I am going to buy the flax, B12, chromium and multi's I'm thinking I can buy at GNC to help defray the costs.

It's the Cort-trim, All Day Weight Loss, MRC6, Enhancer and HNS you have to purchase from the center because of the "recipe" they are made of. I'm afraid to give anything up but I feel like I'm maxing out my credit card

Thank you everyone! Julie
Old 11-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Wow!!! Congrats to everyone who made it through. You are all awesome.

I won't drag you through the details, but if I were a high diver I can say that I started out gracefully and showed true promise, then went of the board and landed in the biggest ugliest bellyflop. Everyone look away it is too painful to watch. Anyway, today is a new day. Time to start again. I am going to pay for that awhile. I was in misery right after, and now just feel bloated and icky.

I hope to be as successful as the rest of you on Christmas. Again good job.

Julie, that does sound like a lot to take. I take all day, mrc6, flax and vit. So far I am very happy. Hope that helps.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #37  

Height: 5'6''

I survived (of course I never doubted the iron will power that I've been living with recently...none of it looked tempting, thank GOD).

Mary - I didn't feel pressured at all My comment was more of a confession is good for the soul kinda thing. I am getting exercise signs from all over the place and of course it makes sense that I exercise more...so I likely will...I'm still thinking about how I'll do that though.

RamsWife - I buy all most of my stuff at the center...always have, don't know why I take MSM, Cortitrim and MRC-6. I buy those three from the center. I pray they don't run out all at the same time otherwise its mostly affordable. I buy a daily vitamin at Walmart. Thats all I take. Well...and the HNS. I really try to take 4 of those a day...3 clear and 1 creamy. I know there are some who take alot more supplements than I do, but I've been pleased with what I've been taking so I probably won't add more.

As far as water goes...I drink 100oz a day and there is no trick to it. In the beginning it was hard, but now I'm used to it. In fact I can tell when I don't drink it. I get tired and really thirsty. I hope someone has a more helpful tip for you
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #38  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I made it through!!! Just getting ready to go wi at my center. I did cook all my sides the day before and just re-heated. I was able to host Thanksgiving dinner, so that made it a lot easier. I only cooked food that was on the MRC plan. My daughter is on ww and really trying hard, she only added a ww pumpkin pie (which so cooked herself!) and ww mashed potatoes. My MIL & FIL came over and brought their own stuffing, green bean cassorle and rolls. I was so hoping that my MIL would eat everything I made and really enjoy it - ultimately saying she could do MRC and join! My hopes were set way too high. She pretty much passed up everything I made. She's over 400lbs in congestive heart failure and on oxygen now 100% of the time. It's so sad. I feel like she is so close to death and just will not be compliant with her diabetes. She wouldn't even try our pumpkin pies - brought her own from Village Inn. Oh well, I only cried privately a little. It's ultimately her choice, just not ready for her to die yet. I just hope she doesn't pass on while we're on our cruise - it's that serious.

On a happier note, my husband and daughter loved everything I cooked. It all turned out so delicious. I followed the suggested menu for the day and was so full at "lunch"! I don't feel like I missed a thing!

A big shout out the SAM - 82 lbs is awesome!!!!
to TeddieBare - it's great that you are joining us this time of the year. If you can hang in there during the silly season, you will find the rest of the year easssyyy!
RamsWife88 - It might be helpful to know that I don't take anything from the center except the HNS at 5x's per day. I justify the $53 a week in my reduced grocery bill. I have always taken my own multi-vitamins and MSM. The only thing I added was flax seed oil - I can get it on base for $5.99 per 100 caplets, so not much of a dent in my pocket book. I've been on since Labor Day weekend and I'm still averaging 3 - 3.5 lbs per week, which I'm completely happy with. I am a stickler with the plan, I don't deviate from the food. I just haven't felt the need to buy the add on pills. Hope that helps.

Time to face the scale. I know I didn't get my required water in, but I stayed OP! Have a great weekend everyone!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:49 PM   #39  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

TeddieBare Welcome to the board!!! We're so glad you've started this journey with us. Don't worry so much about the time of year, when you get through this part the rest will be a breeze. I'm no help on the water, I was actually told to cut my water in half when I started the program-I was drinking 200-260 oz/day.

RamsWife On an earlier board, somebody (I think it was ShayH)said she substituted Corti-Trim for Relacore so that's what I've been doing and it seems to be working for me, I've lost 3" around the waist since I started it 3 weeks ago. I told one of the counselors that I was struggling to afford all of this and was out of the All Day, she said to take the chromium picolenate(sp), the B12 and the B6 from where ever. I still take the MRC6 from them and the HNS, I do 3 a day. Flax seed from Walmart and I'm still in good supply of the MRC Multivitamin, but I will swith to some other brand when I'm out.

Hvnly Congrats on the 82 lbs!!! That is so great! What a wonderful compliment from the District mgr, it's nice to know that they really do try to get real people to work there. I know they all have to do the program to work there, but sometimes I wonder if some tof them have ever really had to lose wieght.

Question for the group...I was told that the multivitamin we take should be disolvable instead of time-release. Has anybody else heard of that or found a brand that is? Everything I see says to take once a day instead of 3 times like the MRC brand. Does it really matter??? I really would like to buy something cheaper.
cargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #40  
Julie

Default Supplements

Cargirl, Amy, Sam, EM, thanks for the info on the supplements...
I think I will check out the Relacore pricing at GNC and compare to MRC price because of the monthly expense on the supplements.

Have any of you tried the Enhancer and seen results? Also the 5HTP what is this suppose to help with?

I did so well with MRC for almost an entire year ... MRC has helped me to eat MUCH healthier, but I have really fallen off the wagon ... is it still beneficial to take the HNS 4 x/day? I am thinking I need to start over and get back into fat burning mode. I wish I had done as well as all of you did because I had a piece, but a very small piece of apple pie. I had to have it, it was my first time to make one, homemade crust and all!

Julie
Old 11-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #41  

Default Supplements

Regarding the supplements .... it's interesting to see what everyone takes. I use Centrum Silver for my vitamin (inexpensive), 5-HTP that I buy from Vitamin Cottage (inexpensive) at night and I sleep really well -- have given up my prescription sleeping pills; MSM that I buy from Vitamin Cottage (I've taken that for a long time), B12 (once again from Vitamin Cottage), Chromium Picolinate (Vitamin Cottage) and that's it. I don't take any of the MRC6, Enhancer, Cortislim, none of that. My counselor told me that what was the most important were the HNS, so I do take those religiously, that's where I spend the money -- but I agree, it's made up for what I don't buy in food. My center has not in any way pressured me to buy anything else or even suggested that it would be a good idea. It's interesting to see what other centers do or recommend.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 186.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsWife88 View Post
I know they brought 5HTP back to the market, it had been removed from the shelves years ago... I will have to research the product but would really love to hear from all of you how you like it and the benefits of 5HTP.
It's good to hear I can get the 5-HTP from other places, I like it a lot so far, so I'll have to look and see if I can get it cheaper. I have a lot of problems with anxiety and I haven't had any "episodes" since I started taking one at night before bed. They told me to take 4 every night, but I didn't want to go hog wild right away. Even just taking one seems to be doing my nerves some good. I haven't felt very angry, irritated, or moody, either. It might be a combination of changing my BC pill along with the 5-HTP, but I'll take all the help I can get!

I went and weighed today and lost 1 pounds. That's 5 pounds this week I know some of it is because I was sick, and some of it was because I weighed in the morning instead of at night, but I'll take it where I can get it! I got 3 weeks free for losing today, yay!
TeddieBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieBare View Post
It's good to hear I can get the 5-HTP from other places, I like it a lot so far, so I'll have to look and see if I can get it cheaper. I have a lot of problems with anxiety and I haven't had any "episodes" since I started taking one at night before bed. They told me to take 4 every night, but I didn't want to go hog wild right away. Even just taking one seems to be doing my nerves some good. I haven't felt very angry, irritated, or moody, either. It might be a combination of changing my BC pill along with the 5-HTP, but I'll take all the help I can get!

I went and weighed today and lost 1 pounds. That's 5 pounds this week I know some of it is because I was sick, and some of it was because I weighed in the morning instead of at night, but I'll take it where I can get it! I got 3 weeks free for losing today, yay!
Teddiebare: I have had lot of an "anxiety issues" which have gotten better since being on plan, I am not on anything except Total Woman, I am anxious to hear what you have to say. Tell me more.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #44  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsWife88 View Post

Also Chromium and MSM ... is anyone taking this and seeing results added to the plan?

Julie
I like the 5HTP mostly for helping me sleep at night, I'm at the age where sleep becomes an issue. Supposedly it helps with appetite control, I haven't noticed a huge difference there, but maybe it's just me not noticing.
MSM - I take to help with joint issues & (hopefully) support my skin. Chromium, I don't know but I used to take it when I was low-carbing, I still take it. But both of those I buy elsewhere.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Hello Everyone!

Went back to my center today to WI so I could earn two extra weeks. You didn’t even have to lose. All you had to do was WI Wednesday and Today.
I lost 2 pounds and I got to sign the 25 pound board!!!!!

Officially, I have lost my first 10%. I know they don’t make a big deal about the 10% like WW, but I tried WW five times and never made it to my 10%. So this is a very big deal for me.

I hope everyone did well during Thanksgiving and if you didn’t, remember, tomorrow is a new day!
4my2ltl1s is offline   Reply With Quote