Old 11-03-2007, 07:08 AM   #91  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

MaryV - That sounds like a blast! Where did you do that at? There are so many things I am looking forward to when I get under the 200lb mark - like parasailing and canoeing. Reading the touring descriptions, most have weight restrictions of 200 or 400 for a couple. I don't like being limited :-)
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

ShineOn - That was on our Hawaii trip. Yep, there was a weight limit of 250lbs. Glad not to have to even THINK about it
Mary V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #93  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Mary V.. great picture! Way to go.
I know what ya'll mean about worrying about weight limits. I can't wait until I am past that phase. We go to a near by amusement park, and there are some rides that I can't ride, or are very uncomfortable for me to ride. I can't wait until I can fit better and be able to enjoy it all with my kids.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 183/169.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 14

I'm on day 14 and have lost 5 lbs but it's that TOM for me. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone ever eats an extra ounce of protein when you get really hungry. I ate an extra ounce of cheese a couple of days ago because I was sooo hungry and I felt so much better. Has anyone done this? I figure it's better to eat the extra protein than anything else. Oh, reading all these posts really helps keep me motivated.
BrownEyedChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #95  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

BrownEyedChick, I'm glad you found us. When I get really hungry, I drink a lot of water at have an HNS. This usually does the trick for me. I guess technically, it is an "extra" protein, it's just a low calorie fat free way to get it. I haven't been brave enough to eat extra on plan. I have some specific time targets I want to hit and I don't want to delay myself. I hope this forum helps you on your journey!!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #96  

Height: 5'6''

texdoc - while I'm no medical expert...I was initially concerned about the green poo as well...it was pretty constant for me and I do still get that now. From what I've read...it could be caused by several things...the ones that pertain to us are: eating lots of leafy veggies (mainly spinach), eating lots of broccoli, or a change in bowel transit time (how fast things move through your digestive tract...bile from the liver doesn't have time to turn from green, its original color, to brown). I've had it since I started on MRC...and as long as its not combined with other symptoms (vomiting, fever, etc)...I don't worry about it. Gotta love the finer sides of our bodies

That being said...WELCOME to all the wonderful new members of this forum...no question is a bad question...we're a big happy family here Someone had to answer those questions for us at some time, so we are absolutely happy to answer them for you.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #97  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Happy Saturday afternoon, all of you wonderful MRCers!!

Just a note - I have been a skeptic about the smell of foods being totally satisfying, but am now a believer!! I was just at Pier 1, and they have a new scented candle in a little tin called 'mint chocolate chip.' I think I just OD'ed on the scent. It was the most satisfying experience of my dieting life thus far...I carried it around the store with me with the lid open, then bought nine of them ($3.00 apiece.) I didn't really believe before...now I believe!!

WELCOME to all of the new people!! How exciting that we are all on this journey together!!

Last edited by chopingirl; 11-03-2007 at 05:24 PM.
chopingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/150

Hi All,

Thanks for all the 'welcomes'!!! I'll definitely come to y'all for questions and I'm looking foward to sharing good news too.

Chopingirl - I've wondered about that before, whether scents could be satisfying. My DH made cookies today (not to torment me - he's very supportive- but for guests coming over tonight) and they smelled SO good, but I didn't feel tempted to eat one. It was nice just to enjoy the smell. I may need to make a run to Pier 1 soon

Bye for now,
Mindy
Moliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #99  

Guess what???? At WI yesterday I was down 3.5 pounds since Wednesday! It's been almost 3 weeks since I have lost over 1 pound at a WI, so YES I am pumped And I got to sign the 30 pound board! Thanks to everyone that gave me support, I love ya'll!!!

ShineOn ~ Congrats on your 4 pound break-out!!

DH brought me on a leaf-peeping excursion to North Georgia this weekend and gave me the BEST compliment ever....while we were visiting antique shops today, I was climbing stairs in front of him and he said, "Wow, your butt is really smaller!" Made me want to climb more stairs!!!

About the smells satisfying your cravings....try flavored de-caf coffee It will really hit the spot and make your house smell great, too!

Love seeing all the newbies!
jantdieting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:14 PM   #100  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 177/167/150

Height: 5'6"

I WI today & lost 1 1/2 pounds! Wooo Hooo ( sorry gotta took my horn) and only 11 pounds to goal. It doesn't seem real - ya know. Its only been 9 months. I just LOVE this program & the life it has helped me restore! MRC & this forum has changed me forever. ahh life is good!

graduatethin - congrats on your loss! You have a very busy week ahead of you, but your doing fabulous & you have this program down pat. I know you'll be ok.

Thanks to all that have commented about my before & after pics. I'm feeling all warm & fuzzy!

dkmd27 - you sound like your right on track. I love that MRC is dealing with more than just the food issues, cause most of the issues are in our head. The classes are a tremendous help!

me first this time - 7 pounds in 11 days! Your doing GREAT Keep up the good work!

believininme - Wow that takes determination! What a great example you are!

Mary V - You are my hero! I wanna be cool like you! I love it!!!!!

A bit on the weight limits - In February just after I started at MRC I took a flight to Austin, TX to visit my daughter before I started a new job - the seat belt was so tight that I was very uncomforable & I hid it under my jacket. I went again in September & the seat belt had plenty of room to spare. I cried (just a little) It was a beautiful moment for me.

chopingirl - Thats too funny. What ever it takes right? No calories in smelling!!!

Have a fabulous Sunday - Don't forget to turn your clocks back!
smgyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:27 PM   #101  

Height: 5'7

Great losses! I really enjoy all the support on this forum. I went to a Christmas Arts & Crafts show today and ended up eating lunch around 3pm -not good- major headache! My family has been real supportive so far. When I first told my husband I was starting another weight loss program he was like "Oh Gosh what are me and Tater (nickname for daughter) gonna do?" Like I'm not gonna cook for them - I might not - just kidding I'll feed them tv dinners or something like that j.k.- Marie Calendar has a special place in our family - she's a great cook! I just want to do good on this diet - I've always been able to lose weight - but the hard part was keeping it off. So I'm praying for much support from my center and you great bunch of people. Thanks for listening.
me first this time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:10 AM   #102  

Default Teary eyed

At WI yesterday, I was measured & have lost 22.5". When Suzi laid down the measuring tape on the desk & said "This is how much less of you there is", it was an ah-ha moment. I knew my clothes are looser---I now feel more satisfied with the tape measure than the scales after seeing how long 22.5" really is. The numbers on the scale can make you or --I never know which way they will go.

I am thankful for each of you, but especially the young blond lady at WI on Friday--for letting me air my hurt feelings in front of you. You said you read this--join us & post too! Thought of you with all the great posts about eating out since you said that was a challenge for you. Bless you!
NanaDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

[B]Hello![/B]

SMGYORKIE! WOW! THAT IS GREAT, ANOTHER 1.5-- AND ONLY 11 POUNDS TO GO! YOU ROCK!

Jantdieting! 3.5lbs! That is great!! And don't you love those comments by dh-- my dh said my face was looking thinner, like the girl he married 25 years ago. My mom has yet to say a word-- she was not very supportive when I said I was thinking of joining MRC, so I just haven't told her. I am determined to prove her wrong.

Well, confession time... yesterday did not go so well.... my daughter had volleyball at 3:00 and 4:00, then we had to go to the dinner theater -- there was no time to eat or prepare my dinner and I really didn't know how to get around eating in such a small quaint setting. So, I ate. The menu was, as I expected, Italian. Bad..... Anyway, I ate the salad which already had dressing, I did try to avoid the carrots and the dressing. Then they brought out the pasta w/ sauce. I ate a little of that, and gave the rest away. I passed on the bread and the cookies, and I drank a lot of water and decaf coffee. The food didn't even taste good, but I was hungry and knew we wouldn't be home until late. Oh well, now I will just wait and see what the scale will do. I am back up and ready to go again this morning.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

ShineOn – Congratulations on smashing your plateau! I love how happy and shiny you always are on the boards.

Smgyorkie – Great pictures! I look forward to the day I can post a before and after. Congrats in your 1.5 pound loss, I hope when you reach goal you will continue to post.

Namaste – It is always good to be prepared. I am going to take meemo’s advice and keep an apple with me.

Cargirl – I agree with you about having people around you who are “on board”. For me, my people are the ones on this board. I don’t know how many times I have been reminded to eat something I have forgotten, or to omit something I have been doing. I did not even know about the toothpaste rule until donuts mentioned it about a week into my program. I decided then and there to go through every piece of paper my center gave me with a fine tooth comb. I was thinking about you only loosing 3 pounds and I know there will be a change when you do the tanita, but you may want to talk to your center about specific foods on plan that will help you loose more. For instance, I was eating an apple with my lunch on most days and I was loosing very little. I talked to my center and they told me that even though apples are on plan, they are a high carb item and I should use them sparingly. Since then I have been rotating between mixed berries and blue berries mixed in chocolate pudding or vanilla pudding hns. I don’t know if this the exact cause, but since doing that I have been loosing a minimum of three pounds every seven days.

Hvnlymzic
– Thank you for the ring idea, once this interloper TOM leaves town, I will be moving it over. The funny thing about my rings is it show a progress of my weight gain. In college, my ring was a size 4.5, engagement ring is a size 5, wedding band is a size 5.5, and my one year anniversary band is a 6. I always keep them on and before everything was locked into place by my engagement ring. Now everything is sliding around.

MidwestChick – Welcome! This program is great for me because I am not very disciplined unless everything is put in black and white, I don’t enjoy the grey areas when trying to lose weight.

Raemi13 – Welcome. A lot of times I feed my family this same thing, but three nights a week I let one of the family members pick their favorite meal. On those nights, I fix them what they wand and I eat my food. I use the George Forman grill on those nights so it never takes longer than nine minutes to cook. I don’t let them eat anything I make with my supplements in them, although I think the center said it was ok.

Texdoc2001 – Welcome and congratulations on your 6.5 pound loss. In answer to your question, yes, I have. I think it has a lot to do with I am eating more veggies now than I ever have in my life. I don’t think I will worry unless it starts glowing.

Moliver
– Welcome! This board is great and comes in really handy should you ever feel the urge to go off plan. Congratulations on the start of a healthier life.

Tmich56 – The calorie thing is something you should talk to you center about. When it comes to reading the Tanita, I don’t know if everyone out there knows this, but you should always compare the two that have the closest water weight. If your water weight is up or down a couple of pounds, it will throw everything else off as well.

Graduatethin – Congratulations on your 1.5 weight loss that is great. I have stopped looking at each individual weight loss and started looking at the seven day weight loss. Of course I still love seeing the pounds drop each WI, but before I was getting a little bummed if I didn’t show the big numbers. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. I think that is how the saying goes.

Dkmd27 – Congrats on the 4 pounds, you will find the plan is so much easier than the preconditioning, at least I did.

Mary V – Great pictures! I can’t wait until weight is not an issue! How fun was Zip Lining? I am looking forward to getting back into white water rafting.

Me first this time – I love your name that was the thought that went through my head while I was joining. For seasoning, you can use a little sea salt, but for me, I use loads of garlic on everything.

Believeinme – Good Luck at the races!

Meemo – I went looking for everyone that had a picture and I saw yours, you look great!

BrowneyedChick – I don’t eat an extra ounce, but during TOM I add an extra HNS. Because I find I am always hungry during that time.

Chopingirl – I need to get to Pier 1!

Jantdieting
– I know it has only been a couple of pages, but I’ve missed your posts! Congratulations on the 3.5 down and signing the 30 pounds board. I love seeing your progress because I always seem to be just a step behind you. You keep me on track.

NanaDB - 22.5 inches WOW, WOW, WOW! Great job! You are going to look svelte for your trip!

Ok, I am changing things up for this weekend. I started exercising on Friday and on Saturday and Sunday I started Power90 which has been collecting dust in my closet for five months now. WOW, has anyone else done this program or any of the Beach Body programs? I am going to stick with this for 90 days and see how much of a difference it makes. I also stopped jumping on the scale every time I went into the bathroom. For this weekend I am not looking at the scale at all for two reasons, one TOM and two I want to be surprised when I see how my hard work paid off. I say that now and watch TOM will make sure the scales don’t move D*@& him. I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.
4my2ltl1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/150

I've been getting heart burn, usually in the afternoons. I thought it was because I had an empty stomach, but someone at MRC thought it might be the cayenne pepper in the Hoodia. I rarely get heartburn but have been experiencing more since starting w/ MRC. Anyone have this problem?

Went to a home party plan party at a girlfriend's house last night. I brought my own food so that I could stay on program, which surprisingly, I had no problem doing. I don't know if it's because I'm just so motivated by this program or if my cravings really have subsided - either way it's great. I was a little put off though by one of the comments someone made about my diet. All my friends were really supportive when I told them what I was doing, but when I mentioned that I was not drinking, one girl made a comment about it not being worth it if she had to give up beer and that the only program that would work for her was one which allowed moderate amounts of the things she loved. But my feeling is that I'm so sick and tired of being overweight (20yrs of trying to lose) that I'm willing to do ANYTHING at this point to get it off, especially considering this plan is only 20 weeks long, it's not like it's forever. It's so much more worth it to lose the weight than to drink margaritas right now. Anyway, I don't know why it rubbed me the wrong way. I guess there are always going to be people like that out there and I need to not worry about their comments.

Thanks,
Mindy
Moliver is offline   Reply With Quote