Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

RamsWife88 and Graduatethin

You will find this board so helpful and supportive.

Well, I had my first WI tonight! 4 days on program and 4# off!! Whoo Hoo Am I stoked? You bet. There are still so many little things to figure out, but I guess I am getting the picture. My manager helped me tonight. She is so supportive and gave me so much help!

graduatethin I see you are from Papillion! You are my neighbor. There are two others from the Bellevue center that are on this board. Perhaps we will run into each other at the center!

If the newbies haven't done so, you should go back through the old threads and read. They are chalk full of great ideas, recipes and information. This group is very wise and love to share!

shineon, nomoredonuts4me, hoochinelly hvnlymzic and 4my2litl1s Your willpower and resistance to temptation is awesome. I was alone this weekend so I didn't have to worry about being tempted by family except for the Pizza Hut pizza they left in the fridge before leaving town. That was a bit tough!

Angelhealer I don't have a scale at home, I get too obsessed! I broke the last one! It is better just for me to weigh when I am supposed to. That is why I like MRC. I can weigh in twice a week!

hvnly I used to mix my Tuna with a cut up orange. It tastes pretty good and made it less dry because of the juice of the orange. I don't care for Tuna so it helped. I still haven't had my fish, it is for tomorrow night.

Man, If I ever feel the need to go off program, I need to get right on here. I know I would find the right message to help me or at least put out a plea for help. You all are the greatest!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #62  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I had AirForceWife's parmesan cheese coated fish tonight with steamed broccoli - yummy! I even shared with my anti-fish weigh watchers roomy and she loved it - only 2 pts

Hvnlymzic - I grab the tuna for a quick lunch a couple times a week. I just put mine on a bed of baby spinach leaves with green peppers and cucumbers. When I get a little of everything on a fork, it goes down smoother. I have thought about putting the home made ranch dressing on it (cottage cheese with ranch packet), but the serving size of the tuna is 6 oz, which is perfect for me. Just don't want to measure that out and leave 2 oz I guess.

BeeChick - if you have the cookbook, a lot of the recipes can be made in the food processor and turn out much better. Mine broke about 1 1/2 years ago. I'm so glad to have mine back. I'm actually using it several times a week again.

graduatethin & RamsWife88 - I'm really glad you found us. This group is amazing!! Ask us anything, someone will have the answer for you I'm from the Bellevue office too.

krazykk Congratulations girl!!! You are off to an amazing start!!! Great job! I weigh in tomorrow morning.

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-01-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:33 AM   #63  

I have had a big slow down on the scales--WI last Saturday and the girl said I wasn't eating enough! Who'd a thunk it! I have sleepless nights from fibromyalgia & sometimes sleep late & skip breakfast. She said to make sure I eat whether I want to or not. I'll try it her "weigh" this week & see if it makes a difference.

Welcome to Husker-land graduatethin. Hi to shineon & krazykk.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:44 AM   #64  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Default Tuna Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
BeeChick - the first time I made cheesecake, I threw it all out...which made me sad b/c it had 2 of my yummy puddings in it. I made it again recently and it was MUCH better...I've thought of adding a bit more water to make it smoother or blending it a little longer maybe...or a little bit more cottage cheese. As with any recipe it takes some expirimenting.

I've had two servings of fish in the last 24hrs...I'm making #3 tonight and I'll have at least one more before WI I think. Here's my question...how do you prepare tuna (preferably quickly and easily) that makes it less dry and choking. I had some today and had to choke it down...literally. Unpleasant to say the least. I love tuna salad, but no mayo and no pickles...so therein lies my problem. All suggestions will be accepted I thought about some mustard in it with maybe some cheese or cottage cheese. I'm a pretty stinkin brave cook and eater on this plan. I'll try anything once. Only stipulation....can't be spicy. That is murder on my system. Thanks in advance.
Oh Oh I can help.... My absolute favorite way to make tuna is to make a tuna melt wrap: Take 3 oz tuna and mix with 2 oz cheddar cheese shredded, use favorite spices to taste, and then heat in skillet until cheese melts. Place mixture on a low calorie tortilla to make a wrap. I had this tuna recipe OK'd by my center. I figuired since you can have 1 egg with 2 oz cheese, why not 3 oz tuna with 2 oz of cheese.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'7''

What an amazing amount of info! You guys are the best- maybe you can help me...I crave crunchy-salty things: chips, salty crackers...I tried eating dill pickles to alleviate the craving because they ARE crunchy and salty, but sometimes it just doesn't cut it. Any suggestions?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #66  

Height: 5'6''

Wow...great tuna ideas! ShineOn - a 6oz can of tuna only comes out to 4 oz once you drain the water off...my center told me that, and they are right. So adding the ranch would be a good idea too. Thats all very encouraging. I'll try a couple of those out this week or next.

nwgirl - have you tried the flavored melba toast snacks? They are usually found near either crackers or salad dressing/croutons. They have several that are seasoned to be a little saltier tasting but still have reasonable sodium levels and are totally approved by MRC.

Ramswife88 & graduatethin - Welcome! Never be afraid to ask any question that is on your mind. I've been on plan for a while now and I still seek help here. This is a warm, receptive group of people...glad you're here!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #67  
Gina

Hvnlymzic - Duh . . . . Thanks for pointing out the obvious. It never occurred to me to weigh the tuna, which is crazy because I weigh everything!!!!

Nomoredonuts4me - Yum, the wrap sounds wonderful. Never thought of that before. I'll add that to my new electronic cookbook

nwgirl - ! I like a lot of flavor in my food. Have you tried the sea salt? We can have that. I like the McCormick grinders. I switch between the plain sea salt and the garlic mix. Also, the cheese crackers that I posted in thread III. I think it's Monteoray Jac & Colby cheese - slice thin and bake at 425 for about 7 min, cool on paper towel. crispy chips - yum!

NanaDB - Hi there! I was just thinking about you this morning. I use to wait until I was hungry to eat in the morning. They told us during food class to eat within 1 hour of waking so we don't put our bodies into starvation mode. Also, to keep within fat burning mode to never go longer than 4 - 5 hours between eating. I bet this new "weigh" of eating will help speed up your loss
Old 10-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #68  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Here's my question...how do you prepare tuna (preferably quickly and easily) that makes it less dry and choking. I had some today and had to choke it down...literally. Unpleasant to say the least. I love tuna salad, but no mayo and no pickles...so therein lies my problem. All suggestions will be accepted I thought about some mustard in it with maybe some cheese or cottage cheese. I'm a pretty stinkin brave cook and eater on this plan. I'll try anything once. Only stipulation....can't be spicy. That is murder on my system. Thanks in advance.
I sometimes make tuna salad with the Walden Farms ranch dressing, a little lemon juice or Mrs. Dash lemon pepper, some chopped celery and a chopped up apple for my lunchtime fruit. A little wasabi or curry powder is excellent too - probably not for you, Sam, since you don't like spicy, but for others who might be interested.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #69  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon everyone! Hope we all had a great weekend?

Welcome to all our newest posters! You will find us a fun/funny/supportive group...and we come armed with recipes and good humor too (just not the ice cream).

So, I've hit my 3rd plateau ..still haven't signed the 50 lb board, but I haven't gained either, so I'm quietly trying to NOT freak out. I have upped my water intake and added more fish..also, my center suggested I try the 2 meal menu for a week to get my body to jump off that plateau. Actually, it looks like an interesting change, so I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow.

WI again on Friday, since today's showed no change...however I have lost a total of 64 inches!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #70  
Gina

W'd In this afternoon. I was really nervous that I would gain or stay the same with all the funky medicines I was taking this week. They had me do the ketone strip and I'm back to negative. I guess Robituson has some sugar which will put me out of fat burning for 3 days. But I'm happy to report that I lost another 1 1/2 lbs plus I'm down another 5 3/4 " in 2 weeks for a total of 16" lost my first 24 days on this program !!! Must be all the fish because I am definately not in fat burning mode. Interesting little tip the director told me today to help me breath better at night - put Vick's vapor rub on the bottom of my feet and wear socks to bed. Sounds weird, but I'll try it, especially since it's external! I am feeling a lot better - just haven't kicked the pesky cough yet.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 256/247/175

Height: 5'6"

Default p

NWgirl, I second the idea for flavored Melba Rounds. I like those a lot. Also, talk to your center about those cravings. Guggl is supposed to help with those type of cravings. I don't have them any more.

Donuts - tuna melt sounds great! I might be able to force tuna down this way. lol

Nana - Hope the new "weigh" works for you this week. You are SO close to that 50 lb mark! WOO HOO!!

ShineOn - Yes, I do have the cookbook and will keep the food processor in mind. I've only tried a couple recipes. So far, the turkey lasagna (the one with tomato puree, not the tomato supplement one) using Bison instead and it was AWESOME. Do you know that Robitussin makes a sugar free cough syrup? When I was on Atkins, that's what I used. Just an FYI. But heck you still lost! WTG!

Another way to make the "cheese crackers" is to put a slice in the microwave...either on parchment paper or freezer paper (so it will peel off easily). I can't remember how long to nuke it since it's been awhile since I've done it but experiment! I've also taken them right out and folded over to make a taco shell. You can also cut the slice into little squares before nuking to make little crackers. I'm talking about the pre-sliced, individual wrapped pieces of cheese.

I do have a question. About cheese, in fact. My menu (green one) says hard cheese at 1 meal only. This is at the very top. But in the meal sections, Group 1 (which has the cheese) can either be at breakfast or a few times a week at lunch. So that means none for supper, right? I really wanted to try the parmesan on the fish tonite but wasn't sure if it's legal to have cheese at night. Thoughts?

Last edited by BeeChick; 10-02-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #72  
Julie

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank you to everyone for a warm welcome! I'm just glad I found you all... NoDonuts, your recipe sounds so good I'm going to try it tonight. I buy the tuna envelopes easy to travel with and eat with the Melbas. The tuna is a little salty, but it satisfies my salt craving. My center told me it is good to switch from the All Day Weight Loss to Enhancer periodically... has anyone done this and if so, which did you prefer what results did you see? I feel like such a pill hog, my daughter is amazed watching me guzzle them down at each meal.

Thanks everyone, Julie

MRC6
Flax
Corti-trim
All Day Weight Loss
MSM
Multi
Psyllium Husk
Calcium
B12
Old 10-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

WI this afternoon- I have lost 4.5 during pre-conditioning. I am happy with that! I am anxious to go to class on Friday and get going on the "real" thing. I had dinner with my mother and my brother is in town for her birthday. I was good and only ate salad with the spritzer dressing and grilled chicken breast. It is really good to have this forum here to go back and motivate yourself. No one is home right now and I would usually be looking for something to eat. Thanks to all of you, I am not.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #74  

to all the newbies! Welcome! I love reading the posts, sharing ideas and recipes! It keeps me on track!

WI today at lunch and I lost 1 pound! And, got to sign the 25lb board! That pumps me up! Then thinking about my cruise in December and I have nothing to wear....so after work I ventured to the mall and found a swimsuit (too little now...but) and capris (2 sizes smaller than before MRC) on 75% clearance. My kind of shopping! Shopping was my reward for signing the 25lb board!

Nan11 ~ I looked on the 50lb board to see if you had signed! Hope the new plan gives you the jumpstart you need to get beyond this plateau. I just know this is your week!

4my2ltl1s ~ Don't eat the cupcakes! They are AUBURN Tiger orange & blue! That should be enough to deter you!!! Just please, please whatever you do....do not ship them to ME! WTG leaving them be! You are doing great!

nomoredonuts4me ~ Glad to see you are still with us! What would we do without you? You keep our girl-chatter in line! How's the fish coming along? Any new recipes? I've had fish 3 times since last Friday...but I only had a 1 pound loss today?!? Go figure!

ShineOn ~ Even with meds you still had a loss! WTG!!

RamsWife88 ~ Guggul helped me with the cravings. For more incentive: Think of your favorite salty snack....then research to see the calories, fat, carbs, etc. per serving it contains (and how many servings it would take to satisfy you). Now find something "legal" to substitute. I missed croutons in my salad....so once or twice a week I use my slice of bread at dinner to make croutons. Cut bread slice into small cubes and spray with butter flavored PAM, sprinkle with your favorite seasonings and toast in 300 degree oven until crisp.

The other evenings....I have my cinnamon toast with hot cocoa!! Yummy!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
WI this afternoon- I have lost 4.5 during pre-conditioning. I am happy with that! I am anxious to go to class on Friday and get going on the "real" thing. I had dinner with my mother and my brother is in town for her birthday. I was good and only ate salad with the spritzer dressing and grilled chicken breast. It is really good to have this forum here to go back and motivate yourself. No one is home right now and I would usually be looking for something to eat. Thanks to all of you, I am not.
WTG!!! That's what we are here for!! You will do great!

Our center tells us.....

nothing taste as good as being thin feels!
Closed Thread