3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Men's Corner

Not to be overly critical...

Old 10-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #1

S/C/G: 256/256/180

Height: 6'1"

Default Not to be overly critical...

Has anyone found an alternative weight loss forum with a more balanced male:female population?

One of the reasons that I had stopped posting was constantly reading other posts about issues with their father, husband or SO who are overly critical of their weight. I get it, and it's a legit issue to bring up but those types of posts gain the most traction while other equally legitimate posts get drowned out. For instance, there's one person who's asking how many calorie he/she needs that's received two replies. On the other hand, someone's talking about their wedding dress and receives 15+ replies.

All this is to say that I don't get the impression this forum is for someone like myself. I suppose my first clue was the web address...

I've looked at other weight loss forums and too many are rife with immature 22-year old frat bros and gym rats who rather disparage and criticize someone than give useful advice. Are there no weight loss forums that has consistent moderation and a more balanced gender ratio?
Fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:06 PM   #2

Height: 5'3

Not a man, but before 3fc I used to use weight-loss . fitness . com (not sure if links are allowed but in case it gets removed, it's the first result if you google "weight loss forum"). I found it to be extremely balanced not only in terms of gender but also in discussing the physical and emotional aspects of weight loss. However, this was over 5 years ago so I'm not sure if it's changed.

Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.