Obesity linked to gun violence

• well, not really.
    But anyway, now that I have your attention I would love to have some of you share your "non-scale victories". Like your before/current slack and shirt sizes, your before/after cholesterol or blood sugar or A1C readings. Any stuff like that. Are you sleeping better? Clearer skin? Getting complements? I am needing some motivation these days.
    Thanks.
  • Well like I just posted in another thread, I am able to jump out of bed without having to manipulate gravity in a way which creates a an additional amount of propulsion to rocket me to my feet. Umm, just took a new progress pic and its lookin good... Oh also, went to the beach yesterday and didn't feel like a cow compared to all the other people walking around in various states of undress.
  • Since I've started my weight loss I take 7 daily vitamins/supplements and my skin isn't as oily anymore. Even though I've only lost 22 pounds people say they can see it in my face that I'm losing even though I still have a long road ahead of me, I have more confidence.
  • I hope to be buying a 38 inch belt over the weekend.

And I will be trying on 36 inch waist trousers. Will they or won't they?

I am also within a whisker of becoming stage 1 obese, rather than stage 2 which is where I am now.
  • Quote: I am also within a whisker of becoming stage 1 obese, rather than stage 2 which is where I am now.
    This was one of the happiest moments I had this year. And I'm never ever going back!

NSV for me today is wearing a pair of size 14 dress pants I got at the thrift shop a few months ago for $2.50 (I swear they are brand new condition). When I bought them I couldn't even get then up to my thighs!
  • Awesome topic title! And fabulous actual topic too!

I still weigh over 300 lbs. But since cleaning up my diet and actually working out six hours a week, the edema in my ankles and hands has gone away, my A1c went from 6.9% to 6.08% (without meds), my blood pressure went from 150s/90s to 109/67 (last week), and my bone density is at 2.1 (pretty fabulous for a 52-year old)(thanks to lots of weight-bearing exercise). And I can still beat all my 15-year-old's football player friends in arm wrestling.
  • Quote: I hope to be buying a 38 inch belt over the weekend.

And I will be trying on 36 inch waist trousers. Will they or won't they?

I am also within a whisker of becoming stage 1 obese, rather than stage 2 which is where I am now.
    There are stages... with numbers? I had no idea! I just thought there was "Normal Weight", "Overweight", and "Obese" -- with the morbidly obese being an unofficial designation.

The disappointing thing I have uncovered is that -going by the online BMI calculator that I googled the other day - my goal weight is still considered obese! (Ok, its really at the high end of "overweight", but that is only because it is just ONE POUND under "obese"! WTF? I can lose 183 + pounds and I'm still going to be considered obese?!?! The last time I was 220, I was wearing size 38 pants. Is that really still obese? Uggghh!
  • Quote: There are stages... with numbers? I had no idea! I just thought there was "Normal Weight", "Overweight", and "Obese" -- with the morbidly obese being an unofficial designation.
    Never thought I'd be so happy to be in Class 1 finally, seriously. Started in Class 3.

BMI Classification
    < 18.5 underweight
    18.5–24.9 normal weight
    25.0–29.9 overweight
    30.0–34.9 class I obesity
    35.0–39.9 class II obesity
    ≥ 40.0 class III obesity
  • Quote: There are stages... with numbers? I had no idea! I just thought there was "Normal Weight", "Overweight", and "Obese" -- with the morbidly obese being an unofficial designation.

yes...there are stages of obesity. Unfortunately, I am at the weight where the stage collapses. But thanks 3FC for the forums.
    And thanks everyone for sharing your non-scale victories. I appreciate it.
  • Tall people get screwed by BMI. So don't use it.
  • hmm 33.8 bmi, I guess I'm at the low end of lv 1 obesity now... w00t!(?)
  • BigSky, that's the most compelling title for a thread that I have ever seen. I laughed all over my screen!

Who would have thought we'd all be so happy to "just" be overweight?