Old 04-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #1  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Default Going nuts

I'm finding weight loss a bit crazy. It does things to your head.

I have had the full range of madness since starting on this journey. From not feeling myself. To feeling emotional for no particular reason. To feeling amazingly happy. To feeling sad. To liking myself more. To doubting myself. To worrying about what other people think. To not caring.

Just a barrage of nutty head things. I feel like I am being reinvented. It's a bit of a "who am I moment?" that keeps happening as the pounds keep dropping.

Mad.

And I'm sure it's not all psychological. It feels chemical either due to the diet change or the weight loss process. Not sure which.

Glad I have a shrink.

Last edited by IanG; 04-05-2013 at 01:18 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #2  

I don't have the shrink but I have experienced everything you have and then some.

Some days I only see my heavy, old self in the mirror and none of the changes. Other days I feel and look so different I don't recognize myself.

I'm glad we all have each other here even if we don't have any concrete answers.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh, thank goodness. I thought "Going nuts" meant you'd fallen into a bowl of cashes, walnuts, and pecans. Now, that's a problem to which I've recently fallen and am now fending off.

What you have, is just the standard crazies because you're changing everything about yourself. My take is that feeling "nuts" is a good thing - you're aware that it's happening and the you are in charge of defining the new you.

Congrats for taking your journey seriously. And may you survive the human condition.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #4  
Sweat Is Fat Crying

S/C/G: 332/259.0/210

Height: 6' 4.5"

I think you've just described everything i've been going through since i started Ian... you're not alone!
IrishLad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

Thanks guys! And I can't wait for IrishLad's weigh-in over the weekend.

Will we see a 2?

Last edited by IanG; 04-05-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #6  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I was going to make a "Three Faces of Ian" joke, but it looks like you have many more split personalities in that noggin'! I think most of us have had our ups and downs with the weight loss battle. For me, it either happiness or frustration. Thankfully, its been mostly happiness so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Oh, thank goodness. I thought "Going nuts" meant you'd fallen into a bowl of cashes, walnuts, and pecans. Now, that's a problem to which I've recently fallen and am now fending off.
LOL! I thought the same thing. I have that problem with almonds. (Crap! I just reminded myself I have almonds in my house and now I have to resist the urge to eat them! Darn you, Ian!)
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

I am four dimensional Joe (the laws of physics break down over 220lbs).

I love nuts. But they have been banished with the diet. Almonds are great but they can also kill your teeth. Too tough.

I could, of course, give up beer and eat nuts. But no. That would just be crazy.

Last edited by IanG; 04-05-2013 at 10:07 PM.