3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Men's Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/)
-   -   Going nuts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/279150-going-nuts.html)

IanG 04-05-2013 01:17 PM

Going nuts

I'm finding weight loss a bit crazy. It does things to your head.

I have had the full range of madness since starting on this journey. From not feeling myself. To feeling emotional for no particular reason. To feeling amazingly happy. To feeling sad. To liking myself more. To doubting myself. To worrying about what other people think. To not caring.

Just a barrage of nutty head things. I feel like I am being reinvented. It's a bit of a "who am I moment?" that keeps happening as the pounds keep dropping.

Mad.

And I'm sure it's not all psychological. It feels chemical either due to the diet change or the weight loss process. Not sure which.

Glad I have a shrink.

elvislover324 04-05-2013 01:21 PM

I don't have the shrink but I have experienced everything you have and then some.

Some days I only see my heavy, old self in the mirror and none of the changes. Other days I feel and look so different I don't recognize myself.

I'm glad we all have each other here even if we don't have any concrete answers.

BillBlueEyes 04-05-2013 01:29 PM

Oh, thank goodness. I thought "Going nuts" meant you'd fallen into a bowl of cashes, walnuts, and pecans. Now, that's a problem to which I've recently fallen and am now fending off.

What you have, is just the standard crazies because you're changing everything about yourself. My take is that feeling "nuts" is a good thing - you're aware that it's happening and the you are in charge of defining the new you.

Congrats for taking your journey seriously. And may you survive the human condition.

IrishLad91 04-05-2013 07:30 PM

I think you've just described everything i've been going through since i started Ian... you're not alone!

IanG 04-05-2013 08:20 PM

Thanks guys! And I can't wait for IrishLad's weigh-in over the weekend.

Will we see a 2?

joefla70 04-05-2013 09:58 PM

I was going to make a "Three Faces of Ian" joke, but it looks like you have many more split personalities in that noggin'! I think most of us have had our ups and downs with the weight loss battle. For me, it either happiness or frustration. Thankfully, its been mostly happiness so far! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes (Post 4695143)
Oh, thank goodness. I thought "Going nuts" meant you'd fallen into a bowl of cashes, walnuts, and pecans. Now, that's a problem to which I've recently fallen and am now fending off.

LOL! I thought the same thing. I have that problem with almonds. (Crap! I just reminded myself I have almonds in my house and now I have to resist the urge to eat them! Darn you, Ian!)

IanG 04-05-2013 10:01 PM

I am four dimensional Joe (the laws of physics break down over 220lbs).

I love nuts. But they have been banished with the diet. Almonds are great but they can also kill your teeth. Too tough.

I could, of course, give up beer and eat nuts. But no. That would just be crazy.