Trouble with keeping food at 1200 cals a day

• I have noticed that now that my eating habits have changed I no longer really want to eat 1200 cals a day. If I am not keeping myself in check using my fitness pal then I could easily eat as little as 8 or 900 cals a day.

The last two nights I had to space meals out far enough at night to a) be kinda hungry when I ate (because I wont force myself) and be eat enough to reach 1200 cals.

After talking to my sister and observing my mother I think the habit of eating very little then eating a whole lot at one point of the day that isn't good for us. I feel like we gain weight not by over-eating but under-eating.

Well on a plus note I have broken myself of those habits *mostly*. I still eat way to much at dinner, but I am making a conscious decision today to pack a few more calories into my breakfasts to try and even out the day more. Even though I have been losing just fine, this mad rush at 11/12 at night (morning) to reach that 1200 goal is getting silly.
  • Yes, I would try to achieve greater balance. Eating late at night was part of my downfall (together with too many daily calories). I would literally eat and go to bed. A big breakfast has always been hard for me to stomach as well so I would concentrate on lunch and try to put any deficit in calories there. A big lunch is what I aim for.
  • Plan ahead. I have a meal plan every day. I know when I get up in the morning what I will be eating during the day. It takes me about 5 minutes to plan my days meals. It is not so rigid that I can't alter it if necessary, just remembering to stay in my calorie allotment..
  • I'm having the same problem of not being able to eat ENOUGH so I'm trying to cook things with olive oil, since I usually use nothing, it's not a "bad fat" but it's very calorie rich. It's an easy way for me to get to my 1200 without stuffing myself.
    (one Tbsp has about 120 calories)
  • If you have to get some quick calories in at the end of the day, 2 tablespoons of peanutbutter or a handful of nuts can add up to some serious calories quick!
  • Quote: If you have to get some quick calories in at the end of the day, 2 tablespoons of peanutbutter or a handful of nuts can add up to some serious calories quick!
    No kidding!! My "lunch" during the week is usually a 500 calorie pre-measured bag of nuts. It's amazing how small of an amount 500 calories of nuts is.
  • Quote: No kidding!! My "lunch" during the week is usually a 500 calorie pre-measured bag of nuts. It's amazing how small of an amount 500 calories of nuts is.
    LOL I used to eat half a can or jar without even looking up! HOLY calories!! Who knew a serving size is like a quarter of a cup!?
  • Quote: what i pick that is awesome is:

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php

allows me a larger serving for the calories count.
    my co-worker turned me on to it.
    YUM! Thanks baltimora! Trader Joe's is on my agenda for the weekend so I'll check it out.

I have used the powdered PB2 for flavorings in some recipes and it's to die for too! Very low in calories and fat but tastes awesome!