3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Men's Corner

Wife caught me posting...it's mostly women!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #76
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
I know looks are a big part of this for people but it's more about how YOU see yourself; everyone else is just brownie points.

DITTO ~ I agree with that whole-heartedly!

Quote:
And I see myself as the hottest thing since sliced bread.
THAT'S GREAT -- and don't every stop, IAN ...
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #77
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
You know, I wasn't going to respond to this topic becuz this thread got way off track, but I just had to comment on SETH ROGAN. He's not that bad ... to me, he just looks like your every day average guy. I could see how some women would find him attractive, and if you added a great sense of humor and a nice personality on top of that -- he's a winner!

I care more about the kind of man he is than his looks. Is he kind? Is he caring? Is he respectful? OR, is he selfish and self-centered? Is he responsible? Does he have a job? That shows more about his character. A sense of humor is a must becuz life is tuff enuff without taking it too serious. Can he have fun? And so on ...

The real losers are those that are so closed-minded that they still don't realize that "BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER," and that it's unwise to judge a book solely by its cover. They may pass up a gem while looking for a fantasy ...

Well of course, but you have to get to the "I want to get to know you better" stage first, right? There is first impression of attractiveness and then there is "once I got to know you" kind of attractiveness.

A LOT of physical imperfections are totally irrelevant once you get to know the other parts of a person. Just like the most attractive person in the world can turn "ugly" if their nature is ugly.

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #78
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
Well of course, but you have to get to the "I want to get to know you better" stage first, right? There is first impression of attractiveness and then there is "once I got to know you" kind of attractiveness.

A LOT of physical imperfections are totally irrelevant once you get to know the other parts of a person. Just like the most attractive person in the world can turn "ugly" if their nature is ugly.
YES, you are right on both counts, esp the second half (I have seen that many times). I am just thinking of women that I know myself -- many of them did not marry model-looking men. Maybe when we are younger, the first impression attractiveness is more important, but when you are older or have been through a few not-so-great experiences like your second example -- you will see men differently. Well, I do anyways ...
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.