Beer

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • It's an open invitation IrishLad next time you are in Washington DC!

Let me know.
  • I love beer! I live in Oregon and we have a ton of microbreweries. I have gone cold Turkey for now and about 5 more weeks but will need to come up with a plan for when I am ready to start drinking again....haha I sound like I have a problem.
  • Thanks Slick! My advice when you get the nectar flowing again is just to watch what you eat when you drink. I try to avoid eating at all (now I sound like I have a problem). But the big deal for beer and weight for me in the past was not the beer but the junk that normally goes with that. Remove the junk, and I'm sitting sweet with my regular brew!
  • I miss beer. I hope to be able to have some by next football season.
  • Thanks Ian, I do notice once I have downed a couple it is really easy to want to eat anything and everything in site.
  • Oh man, football and beer...there really is no better combination. Go Ducks!
  • Hope you didn't eat!
  • Quote: Oh man, football and beer...there really is no better combination. Go Ducks!
    You're quite a fan if you're excited about Spring practice games!
  • What a stock up collection you have there, Ian!!

I was so in the mood for a Guinness on St. Patrick's Day but I was too afraid it would either make me sick or make me want another!! I kept trying to tell myself I could do "just one" but I didn't trust myself!!

Yesterday was quite warm around here and sitting outside last night would have been perfect with a cold Coors light in a frosty mug. This year will be ice cold Crystal Light, not exactly the same!! But I also wouldn't be able to lounge around in my new body if I had kept up with the beers!!
  • Thanks Elvis. So far my drinking is unrestricted. One, two, three beers. Doesn't matter. The only thing I do watch is not to eat when I drink (can be hard for most) and to avoid sugary mixers.

There is a possibility that this will not be sustainable as my weight gets lower and I will have to make the cut (which will be hard). But my current objective is to lose 100lbs without missing a drop of the golden, sweet nectar.
  • Quote: What a stock up collection you have there, Ian!!

I was so in the mood for a Guinness on St. Patrick's Day but I was too afraid it would either make me sick or make me want another!! I kept trying to tell myself I could do "just one" but I didn't trust myself!!

Yesterday was quite warm around here and sitting outside last night would have been perfect with a cold Coors light in a frosty mug. This year will be ice cold Crystal Light, not exactly the same!! But I also wouldn't be able to lounge around in my new body if I had kept up with the beers!!
    Coors light? You might as well drink water!
  • Quote: Coors light? You might as well drink water!
    Haha! Ain't that the truth!

I drank to the point of complete and total inebriation last night, and spent a few hours sweating and moshing. I was impressed to see the scale go down almost a pound this morning. I'm hoping it sticks

Man I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can drink beers on my patio!
  • LOL!!! I knew I was going to catch crap for that, you men are just like my husband!! But I don't care, it's what I like!! And I'm a cheap date!!

Joe, just have to tell you, I saw your pictures while I was lurking on another thread and you look FREAKING awesome!!! You were handsome before but now...hello hottie!!
  • I find a fine line with the beer. If I get drunk to the point of dehydration then I get a big weight loss the next morning but some of it comes back the day after and then I sometimes stall a day before dropping again which I assume is just rehydration.

Now if I drink and don't go that far, no effect. At least with what I have seen. So two or three beers good. Four beers and shots, not so much.
  • Joe, I would say I'm a huge fan. Oregon's spring game is Saturday.

Ian didn't drink so no worries haven't had a drink in over a month.