3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Men's Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/)
-   -   Where it all begins! IrishLad91's Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/275899-where-all-begins-irishlad91s-journey.html)

IrishLad91 05-26-2013 09:01 AM

Cheers Ian, i'm jumping into the deep end and joining the gym next week, theres only so many workout videos one person can do. I'm blue in the face from them.

IanG 05-26-2013 10:09 AM

You are going to so love the gym IrishLad. It's gonna speed things up a little, that's for sure. And it will beat those videos!

I started doing weight training but then really got into the treadmill. So I try to alternate the two. I did my first outside run today and it was wicked.

IrishLad91 05-26-2013 04:47 PM

I hope i will love it Ian, i used to lift when i was 17/18 and i fear the weights might look very tempting when i get there. I'm trying to hold off lifting until i meet my goal, right now i'm all about cardio, cardio and more cardio.

Bluejaybythesea 05-27-2013 04:09 PM

Goos luck with the gym IrishLad. I feel like this is the best thing I have done for myself in a while. I realized after I started hunting around fro formulas and what-not that because I am checking my BF% this week that means it's been 5 weeks since I started and I feel great.

IrishLad91 06-02-2013 08:02 AM

Hi i'm pleased to announce i've dropped 3.4 lbs this week which now puts me in the 260's! I used to weight 332 lbs and i wore 4-5xl clothes, i now weight 267 lbs and i'm wearing 2xl-xl clothes!! haha come on!!! I'm a new person!

I can't believe i've come this far in my weight loss, it honestly blowing my mind.

IanG 06-02-2013 08:59 AM

Another week, another IrishLad weigh in! You're killing it IrishLad.

How is the gym going?

IrishLad91 06-02-2013 09:53 AM

Thanks for the nice words Ian and i just wanna say a very well done for getting into single figures on the 200's!

I've actually given the gym a rain check, seeing as the weather is so nice nice i'll be going runningoutside with a few friends. We're starting tuesday and i'm pretty excited to see how much i've improved my cardio.

The plan is to run for a month then a friend is giving me a lend of his insanity workout dvd's which is a 2 month program and then i plan on hitting the gym when the weather starts to cool down and i'll begin to bring weights into the picture for the autumn and winter.

IanG 06-02-2013 10:23 AM

Excellent idea IrishLad. I much prefer running outside to the gym any day of the week. The air outside really helps keep you cool which for us big guys is more of a hassle than the fitness part, at least for me!

I get much hotter on treadmills so have to quit earlier even though the rest of me could keep going.

I even prefer outside running to weight training! It's tougher but the results are better.

A few things that work for me on a run:

1) bluetooth headphones, sweat resistant ones.

2) I keep a small towel/flannel in my pocket to wipe the sweat off me when I run. It really helps.

3) Oh, and I got a Nike+ watch. It's GPS so I can record my distances, speed and times. It is wicked.

LGMongoose 06-02-2013 06:32 PM

Great jobs, you guys are rock'n it! My birthdays in a couple weeks, I'm planning on mixing it up a bit and see if I can get in the mid 270's. I feel and get around so much better now then I did at 420 lol. Keep up the great work. I also plan to start hitting the weights later this year. I want to focus on cardio and try to get to my target weight. Not sure what that will be since I've always been heavy. I'm planning on 220 then seeing how it is.

IrishLad91 06-09-2013 11:21 AM

Hey everyone, weigh in time and I've lost 1.2 lbs this week. I didn't get to do the amount of exercise I desired as I went running Tuesday and pulled my hamstring pretty bad and it took a few days to come back, still a tiny bit sore today but its getting a lot better.

Monday I begin my 2 month Insanity program so I'm getting psyched up for that.

I know weigh 266.6 lbs, Insanity is about to kick my A** for the next 63 days.

IanG 06-09-2013 11:45 AM

Sorry to hear about the hamstring IrishLad. 1.2lbs is certainly not like you, but we all get weeks like that. Hope you're ready to start busting it again soon!

IrishLad91 06-09-2013 12:41 PM

1.2 lbs is low considering my other weeks alright but we're still moving in the right direction.

My mini goal for my 2 months of insanity is to get down to 225 if possible, things are being kicked up a gear again Monday.

spanky 06-12-2013 04:04 PM

Now that is some decent Fightin' Irish!! Way to melt it down!

[Sometimes I have to visit the Men's Corner to get inspired!]

spanks

IrishLad91 06-16-2013 09:21 AM

Here we are again, last Monday I started Insanity and man is my body feeling it lol. It's a brilliant program and i'm trying my best to follow it to a tee but it really is insane and has definitely pushed me up a gear.

Good news on the weight loss, I now weigh 262.0 that's a loss of 4.6 lbs this week! It's getting exciting now.

See you all next weigh in!

IanG 06-16-2013 09:32 AM

Well done IrishLad! 4.6lbs is rocking it.

Glad Insanity is proving insane.

My own insanity is trying to run 5k every day. It's nuts. There is a thread on this board dedicated to it. It has three members...