When I lose the weight (Clothing)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I just blew $600 at the mall. I fit a size 38 jeans now, which is great. Picked up some cologne on the way out as well. All on the back of a trip to buy some shoes!

Worth every minute!
  • A size 38? Nice! I have really large hips/waist (I am also *very* broad shouldered) so everything on me is wide. I am still in size 40s though my 42s are a little more comfortable if not falling off me. I have always worn large pants sizes though even when I am not very over-weight. I wish I could fit into a 38 ;D I think once I hit 200 again I'll be set. I don't think, even at a healthy weight I will fit into anything smaller than a 38/34.

I gots me these baby-birthin hips.
  • Yeah, you must be big boned. I was going to nudge you to reduce your waist ticker because I thought that you could not be that big! My waist was 40-42 inches when I was around 280 pounds. I think I carry more of my weight on the belly. You don't have much of a belly to speak of any more.

I have even got a tiny arse because of all the walking I do. It's just that damn gut that needs to go. And my podgy face.
  • Yup! I am just a little stout guy! My pants are often 4 inches or so longer then I need them to be because clothing companies expect me to be so much taller. I feel like I am literally the poster-boy for the "alternative" body type. The problem is that A) nice clothes rarely fit and B) I don't know how to modify clothes. Bu I am thinking of taking a sewing class to learn how to do that because I feel like I would look a lot better if i could hem (sp?) my pants and bring the waist in on some of my shirts and the shoulders out.

I feel that a lot of male fashion and "ideal" body shape is concentrated on lean and tall. It makes life hard for me but I deal.
  • There are tailors who can do this for you, of course there is a charge but you and your clothes will look great.
  • You're about my height. I look for pants with a 30 inch leg. It can be tricky with some of the larger waist sizes but even at 42 inches I was able to find these.

I feel with you on the shirts though. I tried on at least half a dozen great ones today that just did not go with my shape (fat or thin).
  • Shoulder's can be a pain. usually a good for for me is 17 1/2 inches. But those shirts end up looking like a tent.

I know I can use a tailor but i would rather learn to do it myself. Saves money and it's just a good life skill.
  • I can't wait to walk into a clothing store and buy what i think looks good rather buying anything that fits me or buying clothes online.