Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #1  
Lineman to tight end

S/C/G: In-Shape start date: 2/10/11

Height: 6'4"

Default IP Week 3: small loss, my fault

2.4 lbs... damn!

I didn't cheat. Well, not that I knew of at the time. At the after-week 2 weigh-in my coach told me to eat more protein after I complained about being hungry quite often. In my own head I took that as more animal protein (rather than an extra packet as she meant) so I just replaced (or added to) with some chicken or pork or beef. I probably increased by 500 calories.

Another mistake was to eat soy nuts (bought in bulk rather than from the IP provider) as a nightly snack. That's probably fine by itself but I was already eating my snack for breakfast - a bar along with coffee. Bad Chris... b-a-a-a-a-d.

Anyway, after getting slapped around by the scale today I've decided not to grow a brain and stick to what I see on Dr. Tranh's web site.

Thanks for reading my whine.
chris250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris250 View Post
2.4 lbs... damn!

I didn't cheat. Well, not that I knew of at the time. At the after-week 2 weigh-in my coach told me to eat more protein after I complained about being hungry quite often. In my own head I took that as more animal protein (rather than an extra packet as she meant) so I just replaced (or added to) with some chicken or pork or beef. I probably increased by 500 calories.

Another mistake was to eat soy nuts (bought in bulk rather than from the IP provider) as a nightly snack. That's probably fine by itself but I was already eating my snack for breakfast - a bar along with coffee. Bad Chris... b-a-a-a-a-d.

Anyway, after getting slapped around by the scale today I've decided not to grow a brain and stick to what I see on Dr. Tranh's web site.

Thanks for reading my whine.
Hey, as you may know I am on the IP protocol just not using their products anymore. I did use them and would regularly eat extra animal protein throughout the day. I would not eat a full 5 oz portion at a time but just eat a bit here and there. Be careful of the soy nuts, that is a restricted item and will quickly get your carb count up there.

Another thing is that in weeks 3-5 your body is really starting to adjust to this new eating style and could hold onto weight. Mine did around week 4 I think. I do not currently do any exercise or lifting but getting ready to start lifting in a couple weeks.

Hang in there and I am sure you will do just fine next week. Doing great so far.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #3  

Pardon my ignorance...(I'm new here)

What is IP?

Ken
KenBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBen View Post
Pardon my ignorance...(I'm new here)

What is IP?

Ken

IP stands for Ideal Protein. It is very similar to the Medifast plan. I no longer buy IP products or really any type of "packets", I just use GNC for my powder protein. Little bit less variety, but it is working and for much more cheaper. Good luck on your journey.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #5  

Quote:
IP stands for Ideal Protein. It is very similar to the Medifast plan. I no longer buy IP products or really any type of "packets", I just use GNC for my powder protein. Little bit less variety, but it is working and for much more cheaper. Good luck on your journey.
Thanks.

Okay, so you basically use the same plan as the medifast plan...except you create your own meals, and just buy GNC protein instead of shakes.

I'm curious....how do you create your own meals? - I mean, like how do you determine what you can, and cannot eat...and how do you know how big to make your serving sizes?

Thanks,
Ken
KenBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Thanks.

Okay, so you basically use the same plan as the medifast plan...except you create your own meals, and just buy GNC protein instead of shakes.

I'm curious....how do you create your own meals? - I mean, like how do you determine what you can, and cannot eat...and how do you know how big to make your serving sizes?
This is the perfect example of what is wrong with pre-packaged meal and/or shake programs. Little education so people stay reliant on the overpriced products.

Ken - At this point your knowledge level is very low but I'm going to tell you the most important thing about weight loss.

Use more calories than you ingest and you lose weight. Eat more calories than you use and gain weight.

You lose weight fast on medifast or IP diet because the number of caloires you're consuming is very low. I don't know the specifics but my guess is you're consuming 500-700 calories a day.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #7  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.

So true John.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #8  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Thanks.

Thanks,
Ken
I just keep my calorie, fat, sodium and carb counts the same as if I were using their products. I actually have fewer carbs than their products since I found a zero carb protein powder. I have much less variety but I am ok with that. It is really simple. I have even found replacements for all suppliments they supply to you. I am only spending a fraction of the money I was buying IP products and still losing weight at the same pace. I did a lot of research and educating myself. I still follow their protocol, just with my own products. Let me know if you have other questions or want additional help. I have anywhere between 500-900 calories a day. Most of them come from my evening meal which is lean protein and veggies. I think you need to understand the protocol and program more indepth than just counting calories and understand all the processes. Yes with reduced calories, you will lose weight, but there is much more going on than just eating fewer calories as JohnP states. (He will dissagree, but we have to make our own choices and judgements).

Good luck in your journey!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 512/471/300

Hi,

I am new to this also (3rd weigh in tomorrow). I am using a form of the IP diet but it goes under a different name. I am having the same problem this week. The first week I lost over 12 lbs, second week 7.5 lbs and this week maybe 4 1/2 lbs. I wonder if I am not drinking enough water, would that be the cause? I am watching what I eat but really want sweet tasting food.
crash302 is offline   Reply With Quote