Old 03-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Update!!!

I was just wondering how everybody is doing in here. I know people are doing different programs and strategies. I know will agree to disagree but I believe that you have to do what works for you. Saying that I have been on several plans the last 10 years usually plateauing and not going any further after 20lbs. Last summer I really decided that I had to do something different. I started out at 318, my wife and me did couch to 5k, I did a 6 week boot camp along with it. I started eating a lot of whole foods, I was really stuck around 300 for so long. It was just starting to get old bc I was doing over an hour of cardio a day, lots of hard interval stuff trying to get my heart rate up. Out of frustration I started researching all the diets on here bc I wanted something to help me lose, I'm active enough and have enough education to maintain. I really wanted something that could help me get it off and something that I thought I could maintain for at least 6 months. So the one that I thought that I could lose and stick with was Ideal Protein. Because that you actually do get to eat two meals with lots of vegetables and proteins. So I did their protocol for a week and then found stuff that I could substitute and change a little to go with my lifestyle. So I'm pretty much eating the way IP people do but I'm using alternative products with a more protein. Its cheaper and I believe its healthier the way that I'm doing it. Okay before I started IP I was eating healthy whole foods, no soda, no alcohol, and using portion control. As in most diets I believe that you lose a lot of water weight at first, but I was already eating healthy and active. 15 days ago I started their protocol and cut my cardio down to 3-4 times a week, at least 30 mins. After 15 days I lost 14lbs. and 8.5 inches, and the 2nd weigh in was in the middle of the day and not the morning when you are most dehydrated. I haven't lost any strength either. Right now this is working for me and if it stops I will change things up and shock my body to see what else I can do to lose some of the weight bc I want to get it off so I can run again and play full court basketball without hurting. Also after 2 weeks I'm off my blood pressure meds. I know this isn't for everybody but it works for me. How is everybody else doing?
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I too started the IP plan and was following the protocol to a "T", weight was just coming off quickly. Around week 7 I decided I could do this on my own with alternate products. It is cheaper and still working great. I plan in the next couple of weeks to start lifting again. I feel great, I have gone from 289 to 237 in just 8 weeks! Was wearing 2XLT/XXXL and now comfortably wear XL, was wearing size 42 (snug) jeans, now wear loose 36 jeans. I have many family members on this program and it is working for all of them, most notably my father in law who went from 374 ish to the 240's since last June! Amazing!

You are correct, this is not for everyone and you have to be faithful to the protocol. I still follow the protocol only with alternate products. I hope to only be on phase 1 for 4-5 more weeks and then phase off to start maintaining.

Good luck in your journey!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #3  

My metabolism has a mind of it's own and my body seems to be making it's own choices right now. I took a week off from the gym this week and ate regularly heck I ate a lot more then I should have and junk food as well, and still lost two more pounds.

My goal of 184 is getting closer and closer.
Ultreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultreos View Post
My metabolism has a mind of it's own and my body seems to be making it's own choices right now. I took a week off from the gym this week and ate regularly heck I ate a lot more then I should have and junk food as well, and still lost two more pounds.

My goal of 184 is getting closer and closer.
This is more common than you might think and probably has nothing to do with your metabolism. When you restrict calories you often will retain water. Stop restricting calories and the water drops. My guess is this 2lb drop was mostly water.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #5  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
This is more common than you might think and probably has nothing to do with your metabolism. When you restrict calories you often will retain water. Stop restricting calories and the water drops. My guess is this 2lb drop was mostly water.
Joykill .

J/K
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #6  

My last week had its ups and downs fortunately i still shed 3 pounds but it was due to the last 4/5 days and a big push towards the end.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

My first week without progress... Up to this point I had been regularly losing 1 to 1.5 pounds a week. Not a big deal, I see plenty of complaints here about plateaus. I think I did pretty well to be consistent up to this stage.

Last edited by darway; 03-06-2011 at 07:36 PM.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/216/175

I've been doing well. I completed my third week on Medifast this past Sunday and I lost about 18 lbs. since the start. This has been the easiest weight loss I've ever experienced. The program really works for me. It all started with me slipping on the ice after one of the big snowstorms we had here. I developed some back pain and had to see my doctor. I told her I wanted to lose weight but was frustrated in trying. She suggested this program and it's been a big success for me so far.

gadabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #9  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadabout View Post
I've been doing well. I completed my third week on Medifast this past Sunday and I lost about 18 lbs. since the start. This has been the easiest weight loss I've ever experienced.
What is your plan to keep the weight off once you lose it?
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/216/175

Honestly, I have no idea. I will switch to the "3 & 3" plan when the time comes and see how that goes.
gadabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

No one has posted on the Men's forum in a few days. Hope everyone is doing well. I had my WI#10 today and am down another 4.2#'s. Almost hit the 60# mark today.

Have a great St. Pat's day!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
No one has posted on the Men's forum in a few days. Hope everyone is doing well. I had my WI#10 today and am down another 4.2#'s. Almost hit the 60# mark today.

Have a great St. Pat's day!
I'm still around just been hanging out with the ladies in the challenge sub forum.