3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Men's Corner

Men on IP

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Member
 
Sandman79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Men on IP

Is there any men on here on IP or have tried it before? I have looked at the IP thread extensively but I would like to know of anybody's experiences and if it is really possibly to lose 5-7 lbs on this program. Which I know that has to be high but I really want something to jumpstart my weightloss again. So any of your advice I'd appreciate it.
__________________
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
Embracing the suck
 
JohnP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California - East Bay
Posts: 3,174

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Default

I don't know what the IP diet is so I can't comment on it but if you direct me to the thread I'll be happy to give you my opinion.

Hopefully you know there is no magic bullet, no special pill, no fairy dust and especially no special diet plan. If you're not losing weight then you're eating too much. Calories matter.

My suggestion is to find is a dietary plan that works for you. Some people do great with low carb, others not. Some people like to count calories, others not. Most guys like to eat meat, alot. If you're like that and you don't want to count caloires I'd look into paleo or atkins.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #3
Moderator
 
BillBlueEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston area
Posts: 9,110

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default

The Ideal Protein Diet Forum on 3FC has an active and devoted following to be sure. My take is that it would be a great diet for a guy - as in too much protein certainly appeals to me personally.

If you do it, let us know how it works out.
__________________
.
New Journey: 9 years and 1 month
At maintenance weight: 7 years and 7 months
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Embracing the suck
 
JohnP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California - East Bay
Posts: 3,174

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Default

Ok I looked at it. The diet is essentially a PSMF except instead of eating all whole foods you drink plenty of protein.

The writing about the IP diet is very misleading. It goes into a lot of marketing crap that is for the most part a farce. You lose weight and fast on the IP diet because you're ingesting very few caloires and has nothing to do with the ideal protein packets I'm sure cost a bundle. By glancing over the diet plan it looks to me like you'd be ingesting in the neighborhood of 600-700 calories a day. Here is a good example of the faulty science I saw after a few seconds of reading:

"It is important to understand that the minute carbohydrates are consumed, they are broken down into glucose in the bloodstream, and then whatever is not needed immediately for energy is swooped up by insulin, converted into fat and stored."

This is true, in rats. In humans carbohydrates are almost never converted into fat and when they are the amount is so small it is insignifigent. I'm not against following a PSMF for a short period but I wouldn't reccomend you do something like this without consulting a Dr first. If you're going to do one take a look at "Rapid Fat Loss" by Lyle Mcdonald. It is much better than the IP diet and there are no expensive supplements to buy.

Last edited by mandalinn82 : 02-23-2011 at 02:28 AM.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Member
 
Sandman79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Thanks for the info

John and Bill thanks for your comments. I am one of those people that have tried every diet possible and lifestyle changes. Last summer I started being serious about being healthier and losing the weight. I have lost several inches and 27 lbs. since last summer. I'm way healthier than I use to be. Since last summer, I have started eating more organic stuff, smaller portions, 3 meals and 2 snacks, and every other thing that you could possibly do. I really want to lose about twenty more lbs. so my legs don't hurt so much when I run. I cut my calorie intake from 2000 to about 1200 calories. I'm going to check out the PMSF stuff and the book you suggested. Thank you guys for your comments and support. Its nice to have a men's page now.
__________________
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Started IP 01/10/11
 
juiceman11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
Posts: 474

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Default

You are correct, John, IP is expensive, but does work in helping the body lose fat quickly. Also in talking with my primary care physician who is not involved with IP, but who did the diet for 4 months does say and agrees with some of finds of IP regarding insulin resistance and giving your pancreas a break.

Do you agree with getting your body into Ketosis to burn fat stores?

I feel I have lost little to no muscle mass while being on this program. I do not feel weaker and plan to add in weight training.

What is "PMSF"?

In the end, it takes a lifestyle change after any diet or program to see continued health and weight benefits. I have plans for this after I am done. Going from 289 to 250 in 6 weeks is great for me. I plan to do this for an additional 6 weeks and phase off and start to eat responsibly.

I think I will post more here as I have "ruffled" a few feathers in the IP forum. I have family members in the IP forum that are seasoned and just starting out.

Good luck to everyone in their different journey's.
__________________


,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,

One for each 5lbs lost for good!

WI 1: -9.6, WI 2: -8.2, WI 3: -9.4, WI 4: -1.2, WI 5: -4.2, WI 6: -6.0, WI 7: -3.8,
WI 8: -9.8, WI 9: -2.8, WI 10: -4.2, WI 11: -1.0, WI 12: -5.0, WI 13: -3.6, WI 14: -1.0, WI 15: -6, WI 16: -4.2

Final WI 6-30-11 192.6#, a total loss of 97#'s doing IP. 104# total!

Following IP protocol with alternate products.

Progress Pics.....updated 30JUN11!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
Embracing the suck
 
JohnP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California - East Bay
Posts: 3,174

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
You are correct, John, IP is expensive, but does work in helping the body lose fat quickly. Also in talking with my primary care physician who is not involved with IP, but who did the diet for 4 months does say and agrees with some of finds of IP regarding insulin resistance and giving your pancreas a break.

Do you agree with getting your body into Ketosis to burn fat stores?

I feel I have lost little to no muscle mass while being on this program. I do not feel weaker and plan to add in weight training.

What is "PMSF"?

In the end, it takes a lifestyle change after any diet or program to see continued health and weight benefits. I have plans for this after I am done. Going from 289 to 250 in 6 weeks is great for me. I plan to do this for an additional 6 weeks and phase off and start to eat responsibly.

I think I will post more here as I have "ruffled" a few feathers in the IP forum. I have family members in the IP forum that are seasoned and just starting out.

Good luck to everyone in their different journey's.
Insulin resistance varies by genetics but everyone becomes more insulin resistant when they become obese and more insulin sensative by losing weight. As for giving your pancreas a break that shows how little doctors typically know about nutrition and diet.

The idea that Ketosis is necessary to burn fat is completely false. The energy deficit is what causes the fat loss. Ketosis is an adaptation the body makes to help prevent muscle catobolism. You lost 40 lbs because of a gigantic caloric deficit. As for muscle loss, it is possible you lost no muscle but how do you know? The best way to prevent muscle loss is a well designed lifting program.

PSMF stands for protein sparing modified fast which is what obeseity researchers came up with as a means to help the serverely overweight loss fat as fast as possible while retaining as much muscle as possible. IP diet is a form of PSFM with plenty of good marketing. Nothing really wrong with it except that it doesn't really educate you because if you did you wouldn't spend another penny on their protein packets or the other over priced supplements I'm sure they sell.

Regardless of wether it is the best PSMF or not it obviously works. Congrats on losing 40 lbs!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
One man would not fall...
 
Resolute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 676

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Insulin resistance varies by genetics but everyone becomes more insulin resistant when they become obese and more insulin sensative by losing weight. As for giving your pancreas a break that shows how little doctors typically know about nutrition and diet.

The idea that Ketosis is necessary to burn fat is completely false. The energy deficit is what causes the fat loss. Ketosis is an adaptation the body makes to help prevent muscle catobolism. You lost 40 lbs because of a gigantic caloric deficit. As for muscle loss, it is possible you lost no muscle but how do you know? The best way to prevent muscle loss is a well designed lifting program.

PSMF stands for protein sparing modified fast which is what obeseity researchers came up with as a means to help the serverely overweight loss fat as fast as possible while retaining as much muscle as possible. IP diet is a form of PSFM with plenty of good marketing. Nothing really wrong with it except that it doesn't really educate you because if you did you wouldn't spend another penny on their protein packets or the other over priced supplements I'm sure they sell.

Regardless of wether it is the best PSMF or not it obviously works. Congrats on losing 40 lbs!


I tend to agree with everything you say John, the best way to lose weight and keep it off is by finding something that you can live with forever, fad diets work but as soon as you revert it's right back to the same thing.

I eat all the foods under the sun , i simply count the calories and don't go crazy on any one thing, like you said it's all about burning the gas you put in the tank before you fill it up again, as simple as that.
__________________


Round two !






You can be a warrior or you can be a slave.
When the body is pushed beyond limits, rely on your heart to survive.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
Lineman to tight end
 
chris250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington State
Posts: 20

S/C/G: In-Shape start date: 2/10/11

Height: 6'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Ok I looked at it. The diet is essentially a PSMF except instead of eating all whole foods you drink plenty of protein. I already had a post deleted for reccomending someone do a PSMF so I am pretty shocked that there is an entire section devoted to a less intelligent version than I was reccomending.

The writing about the IP diet is very misleading. It goes into a lot of marketing crap that is for the most part a farce. You lose weight and fast on the IP diet because you're ingesting very few caloires and has nothing to do with the ideal protein packets I'm sure cost a bundle. By glancing over the diet plan it looks to me like you'd be ingesting in the neighborhood of 600-700 calories a day. Here is a good example of the faulty science I saw after a few seconds of reading:

"It is important to understand that the minute carbohydrates are consumed, they are broken down into glucose in the bloodstream, and then whatever is not needed immediately for energy is swooped up by insulin, converted into fat and stored."

This is true, in rats. In humans carbohydrates are almost never converted into fat and when they are the amount is so small it is insignifigent. I'm not against following a PSMF for a short period but I wouldn't reccomend you do something like this without consulting a Dr first. If you're going to do one take a look at "Rapid Fat Loss" by Lyle Mcdonald. It is much better than the IP diet and there are no expensive supplements to buy.
Interesting that many hospitals and doctors recommend this diet. My doctor, for example, has done so for one of his patients. My brother's doctor recommended it as an alternative to lap-band.

I'm curious about your what credentials. Doctor? Nutritionist?
chris250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
Started IP 01/10/11
 
juiceman11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
Posts: 474

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Insulin resistance varies by genetics but everyone becomes more insulin resistant when they become obese and more insulin sensative by losing weight. As for giving your pancreas a break that shows how little doctors typically know about nutrition and diet.

The idea that Ketosis is necessary to burn fat is completely false. The energy deficit is what causes the fat loss. Ketosis is an adaptation the body makes to help prevent muscle catobolism. You lost 40 lbs because of a gigantic caloric deficit. As for muscle loss, it is possible you lost no muscle but how do you know? The best way to prevent muscle loss is a well designed lifting program.

PSMF stands for protein sparing modified fast which is what obeseity researchers came up with as a means to help the serverely overweight loss fat as fast as possible while retaining as much muscle as possible. IP diet is a form of PSFM with plenty of good marketing. Nothing really wrong with it except that it doesn't really educate you because if you did you wouldn't spend another penny on their protein packets or the other over priced supplements I'm sure they sell.

Regardless of wether it is the best PSMF or not it obviously works. Congrats on losing 40 lbs!
I too question your information and credentials....just using your math from a previous post as follows, it does not add up for me with your logic. Here are the numbers used.

3600cals per lb
I have lost 40 lbs
6 weeks = 42 days
40 lbs * 3600 cal/lb = 144000 cals
144000 cals / 42 days = 3428 cal deficit each day! I could not possibly do that. I took this from the example of the person wanting to lose 36 lbs in 11 weeks that you talked about.

My IP plan is a very low calorie, low fat, very low carb and high protein program. Maybe I get 1000 cals a day, so yes the fact of less in and more out will help me lose weight and lowering the fat content will help too. Ketosis will help my body keep the muscle I have and burn fat that I have stored. Ketosis is not essential to losing fat, no one said that. IP program puts your body into this state and protects your muscle mass. Atkins diet does this too if followed correctly. Eating more proteins help guard against muscle loss too. Most of my fat I have is in my mid section and this is where I have lost 95% of my inches and have dropped from a size 42 snug fitting jeans to a loose fitting size 36 size jeans.

I do not contribute this to very much fluid loss as I drink over 128-160 oz of water a day along with a few cups of coffee. I am losing fat as my body fat is somewhat measured each WI and has steadily dropped. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the measurement of %BF but it decreases each week.

Yes this plan is expensive, but I am looking into alternatives for this. I am also getting a trainer to assist me in getting back into a solid gym/workout routine after a few more lbs are gone and I up my calorie intake.

I question your knowledge on this subject of IP and or diet and nutrition. It clearly is working for many people everywhere. I think we should be supportive in everyone's efforts here.

My father in law has lost over 130 lbs in 8.5 months on this plan, his wife 60 lbs. His numbers come out to be 1835 per day deficit per your math. He also took a week of protocol and has not been following it as strict this last month as he is close to his goal.

The plan does educate you and gives you plenty of time to think about what you are putting into your body. It gives you tools to maintain your weight without product. There are phases you go through that help retrain your eating habits and how you combine foods. So yes it is educational and helpful.

This got a bit long winded and I apologize for that. I do not want the ppl on IP to be discouraged by your comments. Yes it is expensive but that is a choice we have to make in taking this program on. If you are not a doctor, I find it hard to believe you are saying that doctors know little or nothing about diet and nutrition.

Good luck in your journey. Hope you win your $200 prize. I am in a similar competition with 3 other friends all losing with different methods during a year long challenge. I am looking forward to my $800 payday and a much healthier lifestyle.
__________________


,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,

One for each 5lbs lost for good!

WI 1: -9.6, WI 2: -8.2, WI 3: -9.4, WI 4: -1.2, WI 5: -4.2, WI 6: -6.0, WI 7: -3.8,
WI 8: -9.8, WI 9: -2.8, WI 10: -4.2, WI 11: -1.0, WI 12: -5.0, WI 13: -3.6, WI 14: -1.0, WI 15: -6, WI 16: -4.2

Final WI 6-30-11 192.6#, a total loss of 97#'s doing IP. 104# total!

Following IP protocol with alternate products.

Progress Pics.....updated 30JUN11!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:44 AM   #11
Embracing the suck
 
JohnP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California - East Bay
Posts: 3,174

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris250 View Post
Interesting that many hospitals and doctors recommend this diet. My doctor, for example, has done so for one of his patients. My brother's doctor recommended it as an alternative to lap-band.

I'm curious about your what credentials. Doctor? Nutritionist?
You're misreading what I'm saying. IP diet is a PSMF and a great alternative to lap-band. I am pro PSMF as a means for obese people to lose weight fast or even an overweight person wanting to kickstart a more moderate diet.

What I am against is that people think the IP diet is some kind of magic because of their "ideal protein packets" and other (I assume) overpriced supplements. I am also against their faulty science.

I am also against over supplementing with protein powder in general and feel people who are doing PSMF type of diets would be much better off with whole foods because eating whole foods teaches you better habits which you will need when you stop following the IP diet.

As for credentials I don't have any. If you would like to dispuit anything I am saying I will be happy to cite scientific evidence.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #12
Embracing the suck
 
JohnP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California - East Bay
Posts: 3,174

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Here are the numbers used.

3600cals per lb
I have lost 40 lbs
6 weeks = 42 days
40 lbs * 3600 cal/lb = 144000 cals
144000 cals / 42 days = 3428 cal deficit each day! I could not possibly do that. I took this from the example of the person wanting to lose 36 lbs in 11 weeks that you talked about.

I do not contribute this to very much fluid loss as I drink over 128-160 oz of water a day along with a few cups of coffee. I am losing fat as my body fat is somewhat measured each WI and has steadily dropped. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the measurement of %BF but it decreases each week.

I question your knowledge on this subject of IP and or diet and nutrition. It clearly is working for many people everywhere. I think we should be supportive in everyone's efforts here.
I apologize if I seem unsupportive. The reason I don't like the IP diet is that you can follow a PSMF that doesn't cost any money other than buying a book. As I mentioned in a previous post Lyle McDonald sells a version called "Rapid Fat Loss" with no expensive supplements and detailed A-Z instructions with no faulty science. I tend to over react to faulty science and I always overreact to overpriced supplements.

As for your numbers - no disrespect you have not actually lost 40 lbs of fat. You have lost 40 lbs of weight. Regardless of how much water you drink while following a PSMF you always lose water weight because you're not ingesting carbs. If you haven't been lifting than you have also lost muscle. What the breakdown is would be anyone's guess but I would assume 5-6 of those lose lbs are water. Possibly more.

It is 3500 calories per lb of fat. The numbers are the numbers. Assuming a 35lb loss of fat you had a deficit of 2900 calories a day. Even Taubes who is a low carb zealot (or nutjob depending on your opinion) wouldn't argue that the IP diet or any other diet allows the laws of thermodynamics to be broken. So either you've lost less fat than you thought or you have a faster metabolism than you thought.

Again, please don't take this as me being unsupportive. I'm not intending to be even the slightest bit negative.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #13
Started IP 01/10/11
 
juiceman11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
Posts: 474

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I apologize if I seem unsupportive. The reason I don't like the IP diet is that you can follow a PSMF that doesn't cost any money other than buying a book. As I mentioned in a previous post Lyle McDonald sells a version called "Rapid Fat Loss" with no expensive supplements and detailed A-Z instructions with no faulty science. I tend to over react to faulty science and I always overreact to overpriced supplements.

As for your numbers - no disrespect you have not actually lost 40 lbs of fat. You have lost 40 lbs of weight. Regardless of how much water you drink while following a PSMF you always lose water weight because you're not ingesting carbs. If you haven't been lifting than you have also lost muscle. What the breakdown is would be anyone's guess but I would assume 5-6 of those lose lbs are water. Possibly more.

It is 3500 calories per lb of fat. The numbers are the numbers. Assuming a 35lb loss of fat you had a deficit of 2900 calories a day. Even Taubes who is a low carb zealot (or nutjob depending on your opinion) wouldn't argue that the IP diet or any other diet allows the laws of thermodynamics to be broken. So either you've lost less fat than you thought or you have a faster metabolism than you thought.

Again, please don't take this as me being unsupportive. I'm not intending to be even the slightest bit negative.

Thank you for your reply. I am not under the assumption I have lost all 40lbs of fat, I know this, but still think the majority of this weight is fat loss in a rapid manner. I wholeheartedly agree anyone needs the deficit of calories to lose weight. I do question how you think this diet breaks the laws of Thermodynamics, as I am experience with Thermodynamics being an engineer and these "laws" just can't really be "broken".

Thank you for your opinions and I appreciate words for the other side. I cannot really judge how much if any muscle mass I have lost, but know the areas where I have decent muscle mass, my arms, thighs and calves have only lost 2 inches combined in these areas where as my mid section has significantly lost inches and size.

Thanks again.
__________________


,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,

One for each 5lbs lost for good!

WI 1: -9.6, WI 2: -8.2, WI 3: -9.4, WI 4: -1.2, WI 5: -4.2, WI 6: -6.0, WI 7: -3.8,
WI 8: -9.8, WI 9: -2.8, WI 10: -4.2, WI 11: -1.0, WI 12: -5.0, WI 13: -3.6, WI 14: -1.0, WI 15: -6, WI 16: -4.2

Final WI 6-30-11 192.6#, a total loss of 97#'s doing IP. 104# total!

Following IP protocol with alternate products.

Progress Pics.....updated 30JUN11!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #14
Lineman to tight end
 
chris250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington State
Posts: 20

S/C/G: In-Shape start date: 2/10/11

Height: 6'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
You're misreading what I'm saying. IP diet is a PSMF and a great alternative to lap-band. I am pro PSMF as a means for obese people to lose weight fast or even an overweight person wanting to kickstart a more moderate diet.

What I am against is that people think the IP diet is some kind of magic because of their "ideal protein packets" and other (I assume) overpriced supplements. I am also against their faulty science.
Overpriced? I guess that depends on the importance of the result. I, for one, need the strict regimen these packets provide. Further, though I don't like the taste of lots of choices there are many I truly do enjoy.

As for "faulty science", please provide supporting evidence for that comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I am also against over supplementing with protein powder in general and feel people who are doing PSMF type of diets would be much better off with whole foods because eating whole foods teaches you better habits which you will need when you stop following the IP diet.
By whole foods do you mean something like 4 cups of low-glycemic vegetables and low-fat meats?

As for protein powder supplements, the drinks can be construed as that though there's usually just one of those per day. The rest of the packets (along with those) are soy-based. That, combined with the amount of water ingested seems to be a fairly solid program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
As for credentials I don't have any. If you would like to dispuit anything I am saying I will be happy to cite scientific evidence.
Nothing wrong with that. I simply asked because your statements seem pretty strong and were, I assumed, backed by formal training. Still, I'd like to see the evidence you speak of.

I'd bet good money that bodybuilders who are readying for competition following a regimen very much like this one.

Last edited by chris250 : 02-23-2011 at 11:06 AM.
chris250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #15
Embracing the suck
 
JohnP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California - East Bay
Posts: 3,174

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris250 View Post
As for "faulty science", please provide supporting evidence for that comment.

Nothing wrong with that. I simply asked because your statements seem pretty strong and were, I assumed, backed by formal training. Still, I'd like to see the evidence you speak of.
Faulty science example: "It is important to understand that the minute carbohydrates are consumed, they are broken down into glucose in the bloodstream, and then whatever is not needed immediately for energy is swooped up by insulin, converted into fat and stored."

This is not true in humans.

That's a long article that discusses a well designed and controlled study where they overfed massive amounts of carbohydrates to lean and obese women. It is a lot to wade through but the bottom line is this ... from the study.

"Quantitatively, however, absolute amounts of fat synthesized from carbohydrate did not represent a significant contribution to overall fat stores after 96 h of excess carbohydrate intake."

I'm happy to cite references for any claim I am making you just need to be specific as to which claim you are questioning.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Weekend Chat - Dec. 31 - Jan. 2, 2010 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 181 01-03-2011 11:16 AM
Putting my husband on IP tomorrow! Midlife Meggie Ideal Protein Diet 21 09-24-2010 09:16 PM
IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 8/24/2010 I'm svelting! Ideal Protein Diet 82 08-25-2010 07:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2