Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
Is there any men on here on IP or have tried it before? I have looked at the IP thread extensively but I would like to know of anybody's experiences and if it is really possibly to lose 5-7 lbs on this program. Which I know that has to be high but I really want something to jumpstart my weightloss again. So any of your advice I'd appreciate it.
there are men on the IP program/on this site... check the daily threads, steve from finland, and "wayward", they are extremely successful. People that aren't on the program don't understand the science behind it. It is the best program out there. But you must follow it all the way through the phases. (look at intro on daily IP threads, you can read Dr. Tran's book about the program.)

The key to this program is phasing off properly so you maintain and don't gain weight back. it teaches you how to food combine properly. I have lost 40lbs and have never felt better and I know that I won't gain back because of all the guidance and the understanding of the pancreas and insulin secretion. Definitely send one of the guys that is on the IP Forum a personal message, or post your question on the daily thread so all the regulars will see it.
You won't regret it if you decide to go with IP. You can also buy alternatives intstead of spending the money to purchase IP food, a lot of people are equally successful using their own bars, shakes or ordering IP items like oatmeal, cereal, etc. on the Nashua site,
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #47  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

I'll be 43 in Jan. I've been on IP for 7 weeks and have lost 50 lbs. Staying on track I'll be down another 60 by my birthday. My goal is to be 240 lbs. I should be able to get there by end of March.
I wasn't on any meds but I was a risk for T2 and hypertension. Cholesterol was fine. But I thought I was doing ok. I'm physically strong so I figured I was handling my weight. However that confidence has been fading as I got older and my weight crept over 400 lbs. I'm still fat at 365 but I'm feeling so much better. I walk faster, I'm not winded after stairs, I sleep better, and I play with my kids more. I'm looking forward to activities that I couldn't do before. I want to try skiing next winter. I'm riding my bike again. Going for walks with my kids. All very good things.
I'm learning to consider what I eat and how my body handles those foods. I'm learning new recipes and ingredients (Thanks to FinnSteve for some of those). Sure I could go a different weight loss route but this one is working for me.
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 422/361/199

Height: 5' 10"

Greetings- Newbee here. I actually joined because of this thread. JohnP, can you or anyone share a link or a plan for the PSMF method of diet that I can look at? Being new, there may be a link somewhere on the site, but I have not found it. I was on a similar plan this past winter for about 5 months which I have now lapsed from but was able to lose 60 lbs. Thanks-
SalmoTrutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #49  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmoTrutta View Post
Greetings- Newbee here. I actually joined because of this thread. JohnP, can you or anyone share a link or a plan for the PSMF method of diet that I can look at? Being new, there may be a link somewhere on the site, but I have not found it. I was on a similar plan this past winter for about 5 months which I have now lapsed from but was able to lose 60 lbs. Thanks-
The PSMF I would suggest you look at is "Rapid Fat Loss".
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #50  

Is there a link for that? "Rapid Fat Loss"? Thanks-
Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #51  

Ok, I did a little web searching and found some resources. Thanks again-
Old 03-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #52  

Default New to Group and new ti IP Deit

I went fir my first meeting with IP today. It is costly but what isnt. I will let you know how it goes..
dburroughs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #53  
Buzz

S/C/G: 267/213/190

Height: 6-2

I have lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks on the IP diet. I am off all 3 of my diabetic meds and my cholesterol meds. My blood pressure is way off and I am hoping to get off my meds for that. I do not know what my long term results will be but as for now it is making a huge health improvement. The diet has been the easiest one I have done as far as very few cravings. The weight loss has helped me to realize how far I let myself slip and made me see a need for a change in my eating habits. I have liked the Ip so far from my expierience.
Buzzard777 is offline   Reply With Quote