Old 03-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #61  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserenity View Post
Hi! I hate to intrude but I was reading the first few posts of this and I have to say that I'm super happy to see that someone else fasts. :]

I'm currently on a water fast for the Lenten season and I just wanted to give my support to you guys. ♥ Keep up the great work.
I don't know what kind of fasting you're doing I am doing intermittent fasting meaning I eat every day but don't eat until 2:00 PM.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #62  
Embracing the suck

I'm still sick it is really starting to piss me off. Syptoms are pretty minor but it is enough that I am not yet dieting. Not gaining weight but just spinning my wheels. I'm doing short gym sessions but again due to being sick I'm not pushing it.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #63  
Embracing the suck

At the 8 week mark I'm pretty dissapointed with my results. I've lost weight and I've increased my endurance and I've kept all my muscle but my endurance is still pathetic and I still can only see the top row of my abs if I look carefully while I'm flexing.

Regardless I will continue moving foward and hope that someday I am a ultra lean in shape machine.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #64  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 318/301/150

Height: 5'10''

The fasting I am doing is being closely monitored by my doctor and myself. It is not a fast for everyone and most certainly more spiritual than it is about weight loss.

I have to say I love the benefits of a good detox though.
chaoserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #65  
Embracing the suck

Although I was not tracking calories while sick I must have been eating at a deficit since the scale has been registering very low these last few days.

I feel fully recovered and have begun dieting again in earnest.

I am resolute to continue dieting until I hit 11-12% BF which clearly is not going to be at 230 which I had originally anticipated. I really can't estimate at what point this will happen. I'm definately shrinking.

Here is an unflexed picture of my back. My lower back has not been this light since ... I don't know when.

On another positive note - I have been reading that adding additional creatine may cause a little bit of face bloat which for me would be good. I'm going to up my intake to 10g a day from my current 5g a day and see what effect it has.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #66  
Latin-Canadian

S/C/G: 269/257/180

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys... Back looks good!

I haven't been here for a few days but things are still going OK with the diet. It's been a little harder than the first couple of weeks but I haven't lost the motivation so I'm following Dr. Bernstein's diet and it's working.

Cheers and have a great weekend.
davilade_TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #67  
Embracing the suck

Although I am glycogen depleted so it is not my true weight the scale did read just a hair over 230 this morning.

I'm dieting for a couple more days but my goal of seeing abs is going to have to wait as I need to build up my endurance in a big way.

Also, as my fat levels are dropping I am discovering how pathetic and unmuscled my legs really are. Due to my height I am beginning to resemble a preying mantis. Since I am only attempting to lose more weight for vanity reasons this is not a good thing.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #68  
Embracing the suck

After refeeding for a couple days my weight is at 234 which means I'm down 14 lbs in 10 weeks just 1 lb shy of my 10 week goal. I've also lost zero strength and in fact have gained in several lifts. My endurance hasn't gone up much, unfortunately. I also don't have a way to measure since I still need to buy a HR monitor.

Need to work on my flexing poses.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 271/271/231

Height: 5'9

257, weighed myself this evening. took a side angle pic sucked in a bit, the front angle pic is kinda gross because i have a lot of skin just lying around :[ i have been doing a decent amount of cardio, but not many toning exercises. at some point i'm going to have to tidy up what i have flapping around, but for now i am focusing on steady weight loss.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1174/week10.jpg
shamelessdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #70  
Embracing the suck

I've been hammering away in the weight room during my diet break and seeing good results with all lower body lifts. This is not surprising since I'm currently benching more than I'm squating.

I did manage to set some new PRs for upper body though.
I benched 225x6
Did BW + 10lbs chinups x 5 x 3 sets

I'm also running but not very far as I don't want to over do it on this knee. Typically running 2 miles at a time. Still need to buy a HR monitor.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #71  
Embracing the suck

After spending a good amount of time thinking about my fitness goals I've decided to just diet down till September following a moderate diet after two weeks of a severe diet to kick things off.

After the first two weeks I plan on a couple weeks of eating at close to maintinence while I work on building up my anaerobic systems a bit. I live up here in Sacramento and a buddy of mine trains with one of the "Alpha Males" from Urijah Faber's camp and wants to have me come train with them. (I think to try and show me up) Based on how they train if I don't work on my anaerobic capacity a bit I'll be seriously put to shame. I'm sure I still will be but I figure I can put him off for a month to put myself in a better position.

After that I will attempt to follow a leangains type of protocol where I work out with weights 2x a week and follow a 20% deficit on off days and depending on my BF at the time either maintinence, +10%, or +20% on training days. I'll just continue this till I have abs or September hits.

That is the plan ... I've changed my title a bit to reflect where I've been and my new goals. I've got pretty crappy genetics working against me. Even when I was 6'8" and 190lbs I had nothing resembling abs dispite having a very strong core. We'll see how this goes.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #72  

254.4 in the evening

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1403/week12.jpg

decreased physical activity, decreased caloric intake is the story for these past 2 weeks. it's been a lame winter, but i think the warmer weather will raise my level of activity.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #73  
Embracing the suck

I've resumed dieting after a two week break. My weight has shot up to 240. Not sure if I gained any muscle or if it is all water. Does not appear to be any fat based on visual and caliper measurements.

New strength benchmarks
Benchpress 225x6x2
Chin ups - BW+17.5 x5x2
Dumbell press 55x6x2
Seated row 185x6x2

Single Leg Press 120x8x2
Leg Curl 165x8x2
Seated Calf Raises 125 8 4 4 4 (myoreps 6-8 breaths)
Old 04-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #74  

253 even. not much else to say other than my physical activity has stayed low and stress at work has risen. i really think the stress is keeping my diet unhealthier/weight higher than they should be...because i'm getting quite good at portion control and avoiding sugars. no pics this week cuz my phone is dead :/
Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #75  
Embracing the suck

New measurements. I'm not saying these are accurate but my wife takes them and I make her hit each site three times. My weight is about the same depending on the day I take it. So for these to be accurate I would have had to gain some muscle which is hard to believe but at my training level possible especially since I eat over maintience on lifting days and I have gotten stronger. Also my anaerobic conditioning has improved although not signifigantly.

This is what you get when you don't focus on one goal. Mediocre results in every area. At least I'm not going backwards.

Caliper measurements in mm
Week 1 -4

Chest 4 - 3
Abdominal 16 - 16
Thigh 15 - 11
Bicep 3 - 2
Tricep 5 - 6
Subscapular 12 - 9
Suprailiac 8.5 - 8
Lower Back 12 - 9
Calf 7 - 5.5
Midaxillary - 11 - 9

Bench 225x6x2 - same
Chins BW of 240 + 17.5 5x2 - + 25 5x2
Seated rows 185x2x6 - 190x2x6
Overhead dumbell press 55x2x6 - 60x2x6

Seated calf raises - 125 8 4 4 4 (Myro rep 6-8 br) - 9 4 4 4 4
Single Leg Press - 120 8x2 - 125 8x3
Leg Curl - 165 8x2 - 175 8x2
Butt Raises - 70 8x2 - same (haven't tried to increase not sure why)

No point in a picture. I look identical to four weeks ago which makes sense looking at the skin fold measurements. I guess I'll take one anyways. I can show off my new tan.