Old 01-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Lost My Way

I started my weight loss journey about 2 years ago. It started off with a little wii fit and then I started a modified weight watchers. I got hooked on exercise and calorie counting. It almost became an addiction. I felt great. In a year I had lost 100 lbs.! Fast forward to August of 2010 and I had gained a little bit back up to 197 lbs. I still felt ok and thought I could get back on track whenever I felt like it. Was I wrong. I had a tough time at work, lots of stress. I coped with food and stopped exercising. Fast Forward to Christmas/New Years, I decided to get back on track, especially since I had gotten up to 216 lbs. The problem is I love to exercise, mostly running, some p90x, however I keep false starting on my diet. I am addicted to sweets of any kind. I do great during the day and snack on everything sweet in sight at night. Peanut butter, bread with honey, cereal, you name it sweet I've tried it, as gross as that may sound. Looking for words of wisdom/advice/encouragement.
headdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #2  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

I have similar issues with my weight loss. I honestly could not kick the urges to munch, especially late at night until I started the Ideal Protein that I am currently on. Like you, I was working out mostly by jogging 5k 2x a week. But I still ate what I wanted to, when I wanted to. Just goes to show you that no matter how much you work out, the diet will always do you wrong. Almost seems like all of that hard work in working out is nullified by a poor diet, thanks in part to hunger pains, dehydration, and cravings.
YankeeFan14040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #3  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Well, you're still 70 lbs. lighter than you used to be, which is AWESOME, even if it's not your lowest. So that's something good right there.

I like sweets a lot too. Eating unprocessed or minimally processed foods seems to help me, as does buying candy and similar types of things in single serving portions. Not keeping sweet stuff in the house can help too, although that's not always possible. Have you tried trading what your normal sweets for fresh or dried fruits, or eating low-cal/fat versions of the stuff you like instead?

Good luck. I'm sure you'll figure out how to get past this.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox View Post
Well, you're still 70 lbs. lighter than you used to be, which is AWESOME, even if it's not your lowest. So that's something good right there.

I like sweets a lot too. Eating unprocessed or minimally processed foods seems to help me, as does buying candy and similar types of things in single serving portions. Not keeping sweet stuff in the house can help too, although that's not always possible. Have you tried trading what your normal sweets for fresh or dried fruits, or eating low-cal/fat versions of the stuff you like instead?

Good luck. I'm sure you'll figure out how to get past this.
I have tried low-cal versions of sweets in the past. I think it's probably best that I avoid prepackaged foods altogether, or as much as possible. I think that's good advice to sub fresh or dried fruits. Thanks and good luck to you as well.
headdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #5  

Hmm... Essentially all I can advise is eat often, and eat right. Drink lots of water. Do a lot of cardio exercise and mix it with weight training now and again. Avoid excess sweets and "bad" foods. But do eat them when you crave them in limited quantities. Might help with going overboard later, and might make you feel fuller longer.

Good luck.
Ultreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #6  

Have to tell you....I think I am to something really good here. Losing weight like crazy. I learnt to associate great emotional pain with how I looked and felt when I am way overweight to suppress my desire to keep eating. And I am also taking these amazing supplements that are helping a lot.
willydowd is offline   Reply With Quote