Old 01-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242 lbs

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

Thumbs up need a diet buddy to spur me on !

Hi folks

This is me finally getting round to join a forum, xmas saw me reach an all time low, and i want to turn the corner. I would appreciate some help and support to keep going. Is anyone able to help and keep me on track on a weekly basis.

Come on together we can shift the pounds and feel better

David
dxpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Welcome David!

Are you following any program? I'd suggest that the first step is to figure out what your trigger foods/ eating pattern is and then make some minor adjustments. When and where do you over-eat? Is there some changes you can make right now like limiting soda/ full sugar beverages?

There is definitely a lot of support here and making life long changes in your health is totally possible!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #3  

Good day all,
Just found this site as I was doing some Research on Jenny Craig. The wife and I are about to start our journey together in the form of weight loss. We put the weight on together over ten years and are looking to take it off in 6-12 months. We both have about 80 pounds to lose each so we hope this works.

TED
Night Nurse33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 AM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome TED (Night Nurse33) - glad you found us.

Have you chosen your eating plan and exercise plan yet? It's neat that you're doing research to get started, that's a good omen for staying with your plans.

There are a bunch of neat thread here on 3FC for different groups and for different diets and ways of exercising. Look around. Hope you make this place another home.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome!
What we were thinking of doing was the JC thing but the cost for two people seem a bit much. I don't mind paying for it if it is worth it but I just don't see the value in all the other bells and whistles. We are not going to do the counceling, group, or coach thing, so I would rather NOT pay for it.
What We do plan on doing is to copy the JC program add in exercise and have our selves accountable to each other. Our start date is tommrow with a weigh in and photos. We will be emptying the fridg of all "bad " food and food stuff. Actually we have not gone to the market for 2 weeks to help reduce the contants of the fridge and it's just about bare. It has alway been packed before to the point that we have a spare fridge in the shed out back. We will start our exercise program in the afternoon and make a toast to each other on the beach ( we live on an Island ) with bottled water. Boy I am gona miss beer.
We plan to have a "meeting" in 1 week to eveluate what is working and what is not working. To see where we can improve and what need to be modified. We will have this meeting every week regardless of how well we are doing. It will be our check and balance time.
We are telling all our family and friends we are doing this to avoid any one inavertly getting us off track. Plus it holds us futher accountable for our actions.
This will be sacry but exciting at the same time.

So what do you guys think of the plan??

TED
Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #6  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Hey Ted,

I read your plan with Jenny Craig and it definitely sounds like you and your wife are motivated to do this. If there is one thing I've learned about weight loss after doing this a very long time is that there is no one right way to do it! . We each have to find what works for us and some people need the structure of something like a food delivery plan.

I'm looking forward to reading about your progress!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #7  

Still working the plan, I know I just started but it's the first week that will be hard for me. The weigh in is SUNDAY so I'll post then and let you know how we did..

TED