Old 04-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #466  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Oh, sweet Laura, I didn't even see it!
I caught it before you saw it but there were other posts after that made look and I saw my error.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #467  

Hi ladies. Checking in. Thank you for all your suggestions and help. Special thanks to TwinCa for helping me with a lot of fuelings I'm doing ok I just have a really hatd time eating on time being busy with the little ones. I think thats my biggest setback. Also I need to start incorporating exercise as I haven't yet. I've been at the same weight the last 3 days, but lost almost 2 inches which is strange.
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:39 AM   #468  
NOOM user

Happy Hump Day!

Pleased to report that I've added another spinning smilie as I passed the 45lb mark! I cannot get over the fact that I increased my calories and am now consistently losing! I expected a slow down after an initial whoosh but I guess the increasing my activity level by including running intervals is paying off.

I had decided years ago that when I was back in the 250s I would start run training again. Currently, I'm adding 1 minute intervals followed by 2 minutes of walking on the treadmill. Once my heart is aerobically strong, I'll start training outside and return to running; a goal I have had ever since I moved here and married my husband. In two years I plan on revisiting the half marathon as my first one was not a good experience and I want to conquer the distance on my own terms.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:08 AM   #469  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone! Sorry I have been AWOL for a few days. I took another trip to the Midwest to visit family. While I was there an elderly beloved uncle passed away somewhat unexpectedly and I stayed an extra day to help out. It was my mother's sister's husband and my mother was on the west coast. By luck I was in town and able to give her the immediate support she needed.

While I was gone, like so many of you, I ate low carb with the goal to just maintain. I came home to find I actually lost a bit of weight (despite the pizza and beer on Friday night). I find myself being so careful of what I eat the majority of the time and being more active with the nicer weather so a moderate treat didn't throw me totally off track.

Joyce I am sorry to hear you had a stumble but very impressed you caught yourself and are back at it. You should be proud of yourself. Despite the binge, you are able to put the brakes on and make a U-turn. I really think that many of us have to come to terms with the fact that this will occasionally happen. Its not about eating perfectly 100% for the rest of our lives, this is a balancing act because life is real and we are human. As long as we can stop a binge or damaging behavior and undo the minor damage, we're ok. It is the endless mindless binging and heads in the sand mentality that is so destructive for most of us. Congratulations again Joyce on holding yourself accountable. In some ways, I think this was a healthy stumble and proves that you are in control not your previous habits.

Fruit, let's talk fruit. I love fruit and its been one of the hardest things for me to give up. Like Karen, I love berries. I'm happy they are the lower carb fruits and I have eaten some of them from time to time. But also like Karen, I feel a bit afraid of overdoing fruit. Probably irrational but there you have it! I am also cutting back on my MF foods and eating more natural foods in small quantities. In fact, I think I may buy some berries today. One thing I like to eat is a few berries on lowfat cottage cheese for breakfast. Not much, just 1/2 cup and a small handful of berries. But it equal about the same protein, fats and carbs as a MF meal.

Steph Very happy to hear you are feeling better finally. I hope you can kick the sinus issues without surgery.

I still have a few more days before work starts (and yes, unfortunately, it has put a kink in my finances from a day to day stand-point. I've now been off work for 3 of the last 5 weeks but it will turn back around quickly). We are leaving this morning to go to the family lake house for a few days. The weather is supposed to be beautiful. But first, lawn mowing....grass sure does grow fast in the spring!

By Monday I WILL be back to my routine and able to post more frequently!

Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #470  
Fresh Starter

Height: 5'7"

Default Jumpstart - it's working :-)

Checking in... Two days 'officially' on the program and I'm down 5 lbs.
It's been so long that I've seen the scale tick downward that I can hardly believe it. I will be transitioning soon to lowcarb/keto (always works if I can stick to it) - I really hate most of the MF foods, and the shakes and bars are way too sweet for me. Carry on...

Jean
jeanscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:42 AM   #471  
Fresh Starter

[QUOTE=LauraRVA42011;5312790]Happy Hump Day!

Pleased to report that I've added another spinning smilie as I passed the 45lb mark!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jean
Old 04-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #472  
NOOM user

Thanks, Jean! Congrats on the 5lb loss!! Such a great feeling!! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Laura ~

You continue to amaze me with your persistence!!! I'm so glad you reached a new goal and added another smiley face.

I wholeheartedly agree that bumping up to the 4/2 (more calories) really does allow you to exercise more AND enjoy it without depleting your body of all the energy you have.

So nice to be hitting your 45 pounds goal AND seeing that your goal to run is just around the corner.

SO VERY happy for you.

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #474  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Laura ~ Congrats on the new smiley face!! The 45 pound loss is amazing! A red letter day to celebrate!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #475  
Jesus, I trust in You

Sheila ~ Thank you for your encouraging words. I now am wondering, if I, too, should switch to 4 and 2. It seems you, Karen and Laura are persistent in meeting your goals and consistent in still losing and not being plagued by the urges to binge.

I am also sorry for the loss of your uncle. It was a bit of fate that you were back home at that time and being there to help your mom and aunt. It means so much to console those whose loved ones have died.

There is a Medifast program that is called 4-2-1 that does allow for fruit each day - sounds perfect for you.

I hope you have a lovely respite at your family lake house. It will just be wonderful to just relax prior to your new job start next week!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #476  
Jesus, I trust in You

jeanscape ~ on the 5 pound loss. I have known many who have used Medifast to jumpstart their weight loss journey and then moved on to low carb/ketogenic. Let us know how you are doing as you proceed.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #477  
Jesus, I trust in You

JEN.CA ~ I hope you have a big whoosh soon...it often happens when you least expect it!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #478  
Jesus, I trust in You

Steph ~ I am anxious for the results of your ENT visit. Hopefully relief will finally be on its way! I am sending good vibes!
Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 AM   #479  
Fresh Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
jeanscape ~ on the 5 pound loss. I have known many who have used Medifast to jumpstart their weight loss journey and then moved on to low carb/ketogenic. Let us know how you are doing as you proceed.
Thanks for the encouragement, Joyce! I know I shouldn't weigh in every morning but I did it again - down another pound. Not bad for the first three days, water weight or not I'll take it

Jean
Old 04-28-2017, 12:47 AM   #480  

All or you are doing so well I'm pushing thru but I honestly haven't been having my meals on time and I haven't been having as much as I should have this because I get busy or I try to cut cost. So finally today I broke down and placed my first big order with Take Shape for Life hoping that I can get on track and have exactly how much I'm supposed to have everyday, being that I don't have a lot of time left to lose a decent amount of weight before the wedding. My typical weight loss has been only a couple ounces here and there and I would say in 6 weeks I've only lost about 12 pounds which seems like nothing to me. Starting fresh tomorrow on schedule. I haven't cheated at all just under eating and not on time. So thats a plus
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
medifast