Old 03-30-2017, 12:16 PM   #331  

Sorry in addition to my response the coach that I was talking to on Facebook is drastically trying to get me to order a full shipment from Take Shape for Life but at this time that's not possible but I did take all of her suggestions. She is really nice and really helpful I just feel like I was being pressured into ordering from her for a Take Shape for Life.
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:06 PM   #332  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey Jen! Thanks for the information and congrats that the wedding is back on!! So it is not as bad as originally thought, you are doing 4 Medifast fuelings.

7 am- coffee (i know bad. But i have a 2 and 3 yr old so i need a jolt lol)
8am- medifast oatmeal
10am- medifast shake
12- medifast popcorn
2:30ish- medifast shake
4:30- medifast bbq bites or celery w/pbutter
6:30- lean and green

If you had a protein with the popcorn, that may even it out.

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 03-30-2017 at 07:08 PM.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:38 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Jen- I've been delinquent on sending you some food due to a biz trip to NYC. I'm back now, and will send this weekend.

Everyone else- Hi!! :-). Biz trip was a week of "normal" eating, and all low carb. Pulling apart sandwiches. Eating around croutons. You know the drill. I also indulged in 1 glass of white wine over each of two nights b/c it was during large business dinners. I nursed one glass over about 4 hours, with about a gallon of water in between so hopefully no one noticed. I'm doubtful I dropped anything this week, but if I don't gain, that will be a victory.

QUESTION: Most of you seem to have FirBits. My resting heart rate has slowly and consistently gone down from low 80's, then high 70's, now down to 61(!) and keeps on the downward trend. I do not work out so it must be diet related. The only thing I can think of is that the low cal diet is significantly slowing my metabolism (similar to hibernation mode). I mean, even in my best shape back in my gym days, my heart rate was always in the mid 60's. Thoughts?

Last edited by TWINCA; 03-31-2017 at 07:41 AM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:24 AM   #334  

Good morning ladies. Okay so I know this is not ideal but I was wondering your thoughts on possibly using Premier protein shakes as some of my replacements for cost reasons. The carbs etc look quite similar to Medifast only slightly higher in calories.
Cal- 160
Sugar-1
Protein-30
Carbs-5
Old 03-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #335  
NOOM user

Hey all,

I have a cautionary tale to tell. Unfortunately I realized it too late but wanted to pass along some wisdom. Back when I had my cardiac incident, I was focussing on low-sodium eating and we were often challenged when we went to restaurants. One case in particular where we were able to get their nutritional information, I perused it looking for the things I thought would be the most healthy on their menu. It turned out it was salmon and not the chicken as I had thought. When we asked the manager why the chicken was so high in sodium, he explained that it was delivered pre-brined. I had forgotten this yesterday when we went out for dinner and I had a salad with grilled chicken. At dinner I drank about 40oz of water and despite that only went to the restroom once before bed. This morning, my output was significantly lower than usual, which going by the water I had at dinner should not have been the case, and the scale showed a 1.6lb overnight gain.

Bottom line, when eating in restaurants, even though it is 'grilled' chicken, it can contain ridiculously high amounts of sodium! I was so inflamed this morning, my entire body ached. I'm still dealing with the repercussions. I had a ton of water at lunch (over a liter) and am hardly going to the restroom. This is going to stay with me for days I fear, and I physically feel just awful today.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Laura ~

I hear you on that sodium. I usually don't eat out as I avoid it for lots of reasons. BUT even cooking at home I am amazed at all the sodium that is added to EVERYTHING! I am a crazy label reader now.

Early on, when I HAD to eat out, it took me a good 3 days to get the scale back on track. It can be very frustrating when you are doing everything right and an event such as eating ONE meal out throws your body out of whack.

Maybe staying off the scales a few days will help you mentally work your way back.

Hang in there Laura and enjoy your weekend!

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:43 PM   #337  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Wow, Laura, I would never have guessed! I definitely will heed your advice!
I definitely agree with Karen - no weigh in the next couple of days after a meal out. I usually don't eat out the night before I weigh in at the Medifast Center. Now I know it is a definitely not in the cards... and I would usually get a large salad with grilled chicken.
I hope you feel better...thank you for sharing ...I won't forget it!

Have a lovely rest of the weekend...that water retention will definitely be gone soon.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:46 PM   #338  
Jesus, I trust in You

TWINCA ~ I honestly don't know what to say about the resting heart rate. Just not versed enough in that area. Let us know if you figure it out...or check with your physician just to be on the safe side.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:49 PM   #339  
Jesus, I trust in You

JEN.CA ~The Premier Shake looks good as far as stats go...just 50 more calories than a Medifast meals...the carbs are lower and the protein higher. I have had them before...didn't care for some of the flavors. Let us know how you like them.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #340  
NOOM user

Hey TWINCA! My heart rate has been 60 my whole life no matter my weight. I never associated it with metabolism because elite athletes have very low resting heart rates. I always saw it as a sign of strong heartbeat, but I could be wrong. Mind you when my heart rate went down to 48 my cardiologist did say that my body was resisting weight loss, so you may be onto something there. I wouldn't stress too much about it unless it drops below 60.

Unlike past months, I have not been too hard on myself for the water gain. Today I tried something really cool. A woman I follow on Instagram had modified something Sandy (of Sandy's Kitchen) posted to make a personal pizza. Sandy had shared a recipe where one could take the mashed potatoes mix to make bread. Melissa took it to another level, making it into a pizza crust and topping with Rao's, mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni. It was amazing! It wasn't one of Sandy's actual recipes as she got it from someone else. I love how creative the Medifast community is!!

Here is the text from the Instagram post:
Health Coach, Michelle Looft, shared a yummy recipe for turning the Medifast potatoes into bread so I had to try it out! It turned out delicious! I put the batter into a donut pan, but it isn't necessary. She put the batter into a ziploc bag and shaped the bread into the shape of her choosing, such as a braided pretzel or a bagel. I topped my bread with the BBQ pulled chicken I had leftover from yesterday and shredded cole slaw mix (no dressing). Sometimes it is great to have leftovers! Here is the recipe for the bread:

1 mashed potatoes (1 Meal)
2 egg whites (1/7 Lean)
1 tsp baking powder (2 Condiments)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the egg whites until foamy. Add the baking powder and mashed potatoes. Whisk until combined. Pour in a ziploc bag and shape the bread into desired shape or use a donut pan. If shaping yourself with a ziploc bag, use parchment paper over a baking sheet. If using a donut pan, lightly spray pan with cooking spray. Bake for about 7 to 9 minutes or until desired top is lightly brown.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #341  
Jesus, I trust in You

Laura ~ I can't wait to try the MF Mashed Potatoes Pizza recipe! Let me know if you have baked it yet! Thanks!

I lost another 1.5 pounds this week! Honestly as I near goal that amount seems huge! I am super excited and still feel like I am in the Medifast honeymoon phase!

I am thinking of everyone....our thread seems to have slowed down a bit...I know Sheila is busy as her promotion takes front and center, but would love to hear how everyone is doing on their program, either transition, alternate food program or the Medifast protocol.

Remember all for one and one for all!!!

A special shout out to Carmen (yumyumgirl)! I miss you!
Old 04-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Joyce ~

WOOOHOOOO!!! 1.5 pounds is AMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGG!!!

It is great to see that your body is not resisting the plan and is carrying on like it should. I, too have hit that slow down but do you find that you are still losing inches?

So glad you've staying OP and continue to find success.

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #343  

Default Check-in

Good morning everyone and congratulations Morning Glory! I seem to have stayed the same weight in the past few days but I'm still doing the program. I only have my womanly cycle every 3 or 4 months and it is not time right now so I'm assuming that's why I'm at a standstill. I am possibly going to be trying the wonderslim shakes instead of Medifast shakes this week as it is more cost-effective but I will still be using everything else that applies to Medifast. I have looked at the nutrition values and they are extremely close to each other so I'm hoping that that doesn't make a big difference. I plan on starting to use those on Tuesday so we'll see if theres a difference or not.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #344  
NOOM user

JOYCE!!!!

1.5 lbs down is fantastic!!! You must be thrilled!!

I did make the pizza yesterday and it was really good and filling. I was a little off plan overall and we went for Indian food for dinner. I picked the most low-carb choice (a tandoori grill plate - 4 kinds of meats and peppers served over cabbage). It did not derail me, in fact I have almost erased the damage from Thursday night's sodium bomb.

Today back on top of things as I stare down into the next decade and close in on 40lbs (hopefully by next weekend). It has been too quiet lately and hope to hear from more people soon, both newbies and veterans.

Here's to a new week of losses!!
Old 04-02-2017, 07:30 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Hello Everyone!

I apologize for being absent but I took this past week to spend a week with my family and friends in Indiana without having to work. In fact, I didn't even take a computer with me. I did read the posts on my phone but didn't take the time to post.

Congratulations to everyone on the weight loss and/or hanging in their while things don't progress ideally. That's part of the journey the ups, the downs and the sodium bombs!

Unfortunately, the down side of all the social activities ended up being a lot of eating out and social drinking. I admit, I did not do my best. I'd guess I stayed on plan about 70% of the time. I did have a bad couple of days. They were not total failures but there were 3 days of single meals where I congratulated myself for only having a single piece of deep dish pizza or only eating some of the shared fries. Goodness, what was I thinking? Well, I recovered from each stumble for the remainder of the day or the next day immediately. I didn't have access to a scale but I am home know and may wait another day before I look at the damage. I want to let these carbs exit for a couple of days.

I am not beating myself up but just getting back on the horse. I feel happy that I am able to catch myself after only a couple of lapses in judgment and not bury my head in the sand completely.

My new job starts in the morning but things feel a little unsettled. As it turns out, wonderful company 2 who promised me up and down they would be in touch either way, has not contacted me at all. It gives me pause. The promotion also has not materialized in exactly that way. A definite promise to contact me last week on a certain day did not happen. Both places still have the positions listed as available and my application/interview in the pending stage.

Tomorrow morning, I will log on to my current/former/you were promised a promotion job to see what I can find out and if I can get any information from my current manager. However, I am getting up, dressed and driving to start with company #1. It's a funny world because 6 months ago I would have been thrilled. Now, although I am not taking it personally, I just feel uneasy about the immediate future. Perhaps I will still get the promised promotion and that will leave me feeling awkward and at loose ends about how to handle myself.

The good news ~ None of this is prompting me to eat or relate any of my emotions to food. I really think I have a handle on food (please ignore the bad week - I consider it vacation and now I am back on a reboot). Now that I am back, I will be checking in far more frequently again!

Jen I am happy that your wedding is back on. That is wonderful news!

Stay the course!

Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
medifast