Old 03-22-2017, 02:40 AM   #286  

Default Can't send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINCA View Post
JEN.CA - I have a boatload stash of Optavia products that just aren't my favorite. If you pm me your address, I'll send them to you (free). Should be at least a couple/few weeks worth and get you down a good 10-20 lbs. if you truly stay on plan. Consider it a wedding gift from a complete stranger. :-)
Hi TWINCA,
I have tried everything and I can't figure out how to send you a pm. When I go into messages it says I don't have enough privileges. So confused...
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:39 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all!

Jen, I am not that familiar but it could be that you have to have so many posts to be able to private message someone (like 20? and been a member for the same number of days). I think that is designed to keep the spammers out. I know that's how it is with photos and creating tickers. Someone more experienced may have better info. In the meantime, keep posting and you'll work your way there before you know it!

Laura, I found your last post about goal weight interesting. I have the same struggles with getting past a certain weight. Those charts are not made for people like us! I say my goal weight is 160 which even at 5'2" is high per the charts but from my personal experience, anytime I get below that weight, I am miserable trying to stay there. The lowest I have even been as an adult was 145 and I spent hours and hours working and tracking my food intake. Ultimately, it wasn't worth it and I gave up.

I am trying to find the right weight for me that is sustainable with healthy choices and exercise. I think that may be 160 but it could be a little up or down from there. Already, I am seeing these bounces in weight from day to day I didn't have over the past few months. Today was up .6 lbs which I just have to accept as being part of the process. When I look back at these threads and track everyone's weight loss, I see how Joyce maybe only lost a pound or less some weeks yet she stayed with it.

My larger point is, we are all different with different bodies and bone & muscle structure and what suits one person, will not work for another. We continue to lift weights and I may have to change my focus to inches and how clothes fit over numbers on the scale. That doesn't mean I will leave the plan or this group, its just food for my personal mindset.

Stay the course!
Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:54 AM   #288  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymommy View Post
Hi there! I've been on Medifast/TSFL for almost 3 weeks now and reading these type of threads have kept me going. Looking forward to taking part in the discussions!
CraftyMommy!! Glad you are here and found some help during your early days on the plan! Please do share more about you! Look forward to getting to know you better!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #289  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

craftymommy ~

We would love that you join us! Wonderful that you have completed 3 weeks already on Medifast! I would suggest that you read through the first thread Medifast Round 2, as well as all the posts in this one so far - there is so much information there! I find myself rereading threads just to see how far we all have come! Plus the motivation and support are top notch!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEN.CA View Post
Hi TWINCA,
I have tried everything and I can't figure out how to send you a pm. When I go into messages it says I don't have enough privileges. So confused...
I pm'd you my email address. Let me know when you send it in case it goes to SPAM.

Last edited by TWINCA; 03-22-2017 at 01:13 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #291  

Default Day 2

Hi everyone so today is officially Day 2 for me I made it through day 1 surprisingly it wasn't as hard as I thought but it wasn't that easy either. I just felt pretty hungry off and on which is weird because I'm not a big eater I just eat the wrong things when I eat. I think the biggest setback for me is the coffee because I'm used to my coffee with my regular creamer everyday so now with sugar-free creamer I don't like it and I put it in my shake but I still don't feel like I'm getting enough of the coffee affect and with two toddlers that really is affecting me. I weighed myself just for fun this morning and I was down 2.4 pounds so I guess something was working

Last edited by JEN.CA; 03-23-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #292  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Friday All!!

I figure since I post when things are not going well, it is only right to do the same when they are going well! So, my losses are steady and slow which makes me pleased. I'm not projecting into the future at all because I know that just sets me up for disappointment. I know this program works and I'm content with that knowledge.

We went out for dinner last night and I had a light cocktail (vodka & soda). This morning I still showed a slight loss, so that is good to know that I can have the occasional libation without doing damage. Our dinner out was a last-minute celebration as I got a promotion at work. Very long story, but I now am on par with my peers at work and it was a great vote of confidence that I'm adapting to my new job well as they originally said it may take a couple years to right the ship pay and strata-wise (I was one rung below my peers, no longer, and I get an extra week of vacation too!!) All around amazing and unexpected news.

We're having friends visiting for the weekend and I have a Medifast Lean & Green Spiced Pot Roast in my slow cooker as I work from home today. Going to get steps in by doing all the last-minute tidying up!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi everyone so today is officially Day 2 for me I made it through day 1 surprisingly it wasn't as hard as I thought but it wasn't that easy either. I just felt pretty hungry off and on which is weird because I'm not a big eater I just eat the wrong things when I eat. I think the biggest setback for me is the coffee because I'm used to my coffee with my regular creamer everyday so now with sugar-free creamer I don't like it and I put it in my shake but I still don't feel like I'm getting enough of the coffee affect and with two toddlers that really is affecting me. I weighed myself just for fun this morning and I was down 2.4 pounds so I guess something was working
Jen ~

I hope you are doing well as you begin day 3. The first few days can be hard and it is normal to be hungry until your body adjusts. In no time you'll be having to remind yourself to eat!

When I was drinking coffee I would either use the vanilla or chocolate shake and add it right into my coffee for my first Medifast meal of the day. I also would order the Medifast Cappuccino and put half coffee/hot water since it already had the caffeine. I found that these choices supplemented my coffee well and I felt like I wasn't missing any creamer.

Stay strong these next few days. Fat burning mode is a great place to be!

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:21 AM   #294  

Yes, yes, it's Friday! Today is my last day with my current employer in my position. It feels a little strange. However, in the world of you never know, my current manager has told me she is ready to make me an offer to stay that is lucrative and 2 bumps up from my current position. I have the formal interview today with an offer expected to be forthcoming next week and to begin in the new position on 4/3. I love the idea of staying with my current company and being recognized for my hard work. The promotion would just be a bonus. Being able to be a remote employee is what many in my circle of friends call a dream job and I believe they may be right. It does allow me to visit my family out of state anytime and just take my work with me. It allows me to spend summer days at the family lake house on the porch with the breeze and a view of what awaits right after work.

Company #2 never materialized so it was just not meant to be. No matter what the outcome from here, life will only be better than it is today.

So Laura, I may be joining you on that light cocktail of vodka and soda soon! I am so happy for your promotion! You go girl!!! Everyone here is amazing in their own right and deserves every good thing that comes their way. Starting planning where to go with that extra week! Just thrilled for you. Your hard work was recognized and sometimes that is the best reward.

Sheila
Old 03-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #295  

Jen As Karen said, I hope you are doing well today. I was thinking of you because Day 3 was my hardest day. I felt a little dizzy and had headaches all day. Be kind to yourself today, drink lots of water, take some Advil, drink some broth and rest if you can. It all gets better from here! Not just better but amazing.

And like Karen, I also used my shakes as a coffee additive...both hot and cold. I've managed to convert to black coffee (not happily but I have) but I relish the coffee shake!

Stay the course you're doing great!

Sheila
Old 03-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #296  

Ok, so weight, ugh! Day 4, same weight. I'll live with it. The scale and I have a love/hate relationship. I saw the next lowest pound come up this morning but decided it was only tricking me and did not log it. Good thing because when I stepped back on an hour later, it was up again. However, I know I am bound for lower things and this program really does work! I'm due for a drop which will likely happen tomorrow.

That seem to be how it works.....drop and hold....and hold....and hold.....and hold. I know Joyce says she sees the same type of behavior over the course of weeks rather than days.

Stay the course!

Sheila
Old 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #297  

Default Day 3

Thank you everyone! Okay if so yesterday day two was pretty rough I was pretty hungry all day so I had to get myself out of the house so I decided to take the kids to the park for a couple hours and then get ice cream which I didn't have any so that was good. Again last night was pretty rough again I was fine with eating my lean and green but after that I just had no energy and I had a terrible headache so I was in bed by 8:30 which is really different for me because I'm usually not in bed until around 11 p.m. every night. I can say this transition is a little harder than I thought but I feel like it's harder on my fiance than me because he misses the way I'm usually more upbeat and spend time with him at night after the kids go to sleep and right now I'm not able to do that. I'm the kind of person who has to weigh myself often just so I can have that encouragement and this morning my scale decided to not work anymore so I had to order a new one today so that's a little discouraging. Still tracking on and I'm determined

Last edited by JEN.CA; 03-24-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Thanks
Old 03-24-2017, 04:19 PM   #298  

Quote:
Thank you everyone! Okay if so yesterday day two was pretty rough I was pretty hungry all day so I had to get myself out of the house so I decided to take the kids to the park for a couple hours and then get ice cream which I didn't have any so that was good. Again last night was pretty rough again I was fine with eating my lean and green but after that I just had no energy and I had a terrible headache so I was in bed by 8:30 which is really different for me because I'm usually not in bed until around 11 p.m. every night. I can say this transition is a little harder than I thought but I feel like it's harder on my fiance than me because he misses the way I'm usually more upbeat and spend time with him at night after the kids go to sleep and right now I'm not able to do that. I'm the kind of person who has to weigh myself often just so I can have that encouragement and this morning my scale decided to not work anymore so I had to order a new one today so that's a little discouraging. Still tracking on and I'm determined
Hang in there Jen! This is the worst of it. Once you get past days 2 and 3 things get sooo much better. Your energy will come back and you'll find yourself being proud of yourself for showing so much discipline to do the work to get yourself to where you want to be.

Your fiance will be happy to have his sweetheart back and be so proud of you as well. You've got this!

Stay the course!

Sheila
Old 03-24-2017, 09:16 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

So... UPS said they delivered my Medifast order, but it was not at my door. Had to call MF customer service to open an "investigation" with UPS. Good grief. If they determine lost, then they'll send replacement, but my running assumption is that I'll be out $300. :-(. Meanwhile, I'm running out of food... Not good!
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #300  

Twin How frustrating for you! Besides the fact that we aren't talking nickels and dimes, you have to deal with the food part of it all as well. I'm not sure which would set me on my heels more. Actually, I do because I hate spending or losing money unnecessarily. Is it possible someone took the package from your door? Personally, I live in an area where that is highly unlikely but I wouldn't have things sent to my last house because people were notorious for taking things from front porches.

I hope you are able to track down your shipment. Maybe its time to dip your toe into real world eating for a short period.

Sheila

Tags
medifast