Old 04-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #481  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

JEN.CA ~ So glad you ordered your first real shipment. If I might suggest, eat all 5 meals plus your Lean and Green. Eating less can actually impede your weight loss. I eat every two hours - it doesn't take much time plus drinking water with each meal helps get your water in.

However 12 pounds in six weeks is terrific! It put you in a new decade and averages out to 2 pounds per week.

Let us know if we can help!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:32 AM   #482  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
JEN.CA ~ So glad you ordered your first real shipment. If I might suggest, eat all 5 meals plus your Lean and Green. Eating less can actually impede your weight loss. I eat every two hours - it doesn't take much time plus drinking water with each meal helps get your water in.

However 12 pounds in six weeks is terrific! It put you in a new decade and averages out to 2 pounds per week.

Let us know if we can help!
Thank you MorningGlory.
I hope this does help because I've been at the same weight since sunday and I'm not liking it
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #483  
Jesus, I trust in You

Hello to all ~ Beautiful day here in southern PA - 72 degrees right now. I did a sneak peak on the scale and am down 8.8 pounds from the initial 4 day binge blow out of 9.9 pounds!
That was definitely an eye opener of what damage physically and mentally a detour of mass proportion can havoc!

I am a work in progress. I am reading Beck Diet Solution - all 3 books from the library. Plus many other resources on line - one is the W.A.I.T. (What Am I Thinking) Program by Wendy Hendry. She is a lovely person who is offering a free challenge online via daily email that incorporates doing something nice for others or yourself for 30 days.

All in all life is so much better than delving into sugar and white flour to cure my perceived "ills."

It sounds like everyone is thriving in their programs! So glad I have you all all in my life!
Old 04-29-2017, 12:03 AM   #484  
Jesus, I trust in You

Heads up ~ We are almost 500 posts into this thread already....can whoever hits #500 start the new thread with a simple title like Medifast Journey - 2017 - Part 2?

Or some other suggestion?

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 04-29-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #485  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Heads up ~ We are almost 500 posts into this thread already....can whoever hits #500 start the new thread with a simple title like Medifast Journey - 2017 - Part 2?

Or some other suggestion?
I think the 500 posts was inaccurate bc the prior thread went over. I say we just roll with it at this point.

I've eaten carbs the past two days going out to dinner, but still ranging 80-100g (and that does not include subtracting the fiber) so hopefully not too much damage done. If I think carbs / higher cals will be involved in a day's meal, I just skip 2 MF meals and it seems to basically balance out at the end of the day.

Traveling to the East Coast again this week so another week of "random eats." Sigh.....
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #486  
Fresh Starter

Height: 5'7"

Default Oops... but that's o.k.!

Yesterday was Day 4 and I was great all day except I had wine and cheese last night (too much of both). I was afraid the sodium from the cheese (plus the three cups of low sodium chicken broth I had during the day) would cause water retention but I was down a pound this morning in spite of it.

It was Friday night after a long work week... hardly a 'carb up' but not on plan, for sure. Anyone have any psychological tricks to deal with weekend 'entitlement' thoughts?
jeanscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #487  
Fresh Starter

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=TWINCA;5313225]...(and that does not include subtracting the fiber)...

You're still in the liberal low carb range before subtracting the fiber so don't be too hard on yourself.

When I can't stick to plan (random eating occasions) I go for a turkey burger on lettuce or egg salad or chicken salad. When I'm 'usual routine' I carry bars or keep hard boiled eggs handy. Also Mini Babybels.
jeanscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #488  

My head is spinning, all, but I came to check in. Too much is going on and I feel shaky with the diet, but am hanging on by a thread. First when I stopped my antibiotics, just a few days later my sinus infection symptoms came raging back and I feel horrible, even though the doctor was fairly quick to call me in a refill to extend the antibiotic treatment another ten days. The ENT referral has dragged on. The doctor's office called me twice saying they were "working on it" but then that I needed an x-ray of my sinuses before the ENT will see me. But they did not schedule the x-ray because they suddenly decided yesterday that I have to see my primary doctor before they will give me a referral! I thought the referral had already been made! My doctor has several nurse practitioners who see people when he is too busy, and I have seen 2 of them for my sinus infections just in the past few months, but apparently that is not enough and I MUST see the primary doctor just to get the referral. Problem is, he is booked out for a month! And they told me it takes 2 months on top of that to get in to the ENT. So I am looking at over 3 months before I can be seen at the ENT. I am so frustrated with this and tired of being sick.

In other news one of my nieces fell off a swing at school and hit her head. She had worrisome symptoms and after a scan they admitted her to the hospital for observation. I am weak on details but am driving to see her this weekend. It is a several hour trip. I love my family and want to be there but I am so tired and out of sorts. I am going anyway.

That's my life in a nutshell! I am glad to read of the successes you are having friends, and especially the struggles you are overcoming because that is life.
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 229/210/160

Height: 5'5

Smile

Hi,
I've been reading this and your previous thread. I am about to start Medifast for the first time. I've tried lots and lots of other diets. I'm hoping this works and that I can stick to it. I go to my initial visit on Tuesday, and I'm guessing I'm actually going to start on Thursday. I have a party on Wednesday, and did not think that might be the best day to start. Anyways, hopefully I will be on this board for support and sharing. Thanks for sharing your journeys. You all are inspiring and encouraging to someone thinking about Medifast.
Hikerdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #490  
Jesus, I trust in You

Oh, Steph ~ How terrible on the ENT referral. I would recommend calling the office manager at your medical center. You are in dire need of the referral asap! I was a "practice manager" for a large medical facility that dealt with referrals all the time and he/she can expedite the process - both for the xray and the ENT referral.

I am sorry about the accident your niece experienced! They are probably observing her for a concussion. How old is she? Perhaps rather than going when you are not feeling well, it might be better to wait for parent to notify you of the status of her condition. I think it is a wait and see...and you certainly don't want to expose yourself to any additional germs nor give her additional complications. Just a thought.

Hang on...I know it is extremely stressful.

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 04-29-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:32 PM   #491  
Jesus, I trust in You

I went to the Medifast Center today and officially stayed the same! After that horrible gain, I am thrilled that I was able to keep my ticker at the exact same weight. I am only 1 pound from their goal and 6 from mine. I elected to stay on 5 and 1 for two more weeks. After that I will follow their transition process. It is rather tedious. I will try to post it later.

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 04-30-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #492  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Joyce ! Congratulations for undoing the damage from your dalliance! You must be thrilled!

HikerDreams good luck on your journey and please check back often with your progress!

Had a difficult weekend as I got sick fromy eating dairy that I didn't realize I had a sensitivity to. Still recovering and had a small uptick on the scale due to hydration problems. I am making sure I'm drinking water to balance things back out.

Home sick from work today and hope to be back 100% tomorrow. Have a great Monday everyone!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #493  
Jesus, I trust in You

Laura ~ Thank you...love your phrase "undoing the damage from your dalliance!" I feel sooo much better! (I loved your "bio" on the Sizzling for Summer Challenge...mine is up now.)

I do hope you feel better. Had you previously been dairy sensitive?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #494  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

I had been as a child and for most of my adulthood I thought I was, but then a few years ago, I had given up gluten (to which I have an intolerance) and I noticed the aches and pains seemed to go away when I stopped wheat and that I have no problem with cheese. Last week I was having the Yoplait 100 Protein yogurt a few days and I noticed my sour stomach was back (it had been months since I needed any antacid). Thursday I had that small scoop of ice cream and that was the straw that broke the camels back. For many years I had IBS and was managing it with medication. When I stopped dairy and gluten last year, the symptoms abated so I did not renew the prescriptions and felt fantastic.

Things went from bad to worse over the weekend and I had a terrible time with full blown IBS. My husband bought me vitamin water with electrolytes and I felt a little better. I'm doing just water today instead and am slowly improving. Lesson learned. At least ice cream is no longer a temptation to resist!! Thanks for asking.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #495  
Jesus, I trust in You

Laura ~ Now you know. Once IBS, always IBS...just staying away from gluten and certain dairy is the only option for you.

Thought I would throw another topic out for discussion. This idea was brought up in another thread:

Originally Posted by FluffyFat:
I don't get satisfied with myself when I lose, but I do get anxious. I once heard Dr. Oz say to remind ourselves that just because we're changing how we eat we don't have to feel like we need to change our whole life. It helps me to know that. I've always hated the phrase "life style change." Or when people start saying I'm a whole different person, now.

I remind myself that even if I reach my goal, I don't have to start a different style of dressing, go out more often, say yes to any male attention, take a night course, start a hobby or learn TaiChi. I can still come home and watch TV in my old sweats, I don't have to become some sort of amazing Superwoman.

My response:
I never thought of it this way. I like this. (I never liked "lifestyle change" either.)
Thank you for sharing, FluffyFat. ! It definitely takes away the overwhelming sense that I need to reinvent myself. I still like the same things: I don't need to compromise my current lifestyle by feeling that I have to go and find new activities, etc. just because the pronouncement:"now you can" is written as the new norm by diet experts.

What are your thoughts?

Tags
medifast