Old 12-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Lost 7 lbs in 3 days!

Medifast Center weigh-in (-7d.): 246
Starting weight (Medifast Day 1): 244
Current weight (Medifast Day 4): 237

I know it is water weight (notwithstanding that I drink a gallon per day), but I can't help but fantasize that in 30 days, I'll be down 70 lbs. HAHA!!

Last edited by TWINCA; 12-20-2016 at 08:09 AM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #32  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

TWINCA ~

It is so motivating to see those numbers go down!!! 7 pounds in 3 days is awesome! Keep it up!!! I know you will!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:04 AM   #33  

I wish I had read your post more carefully yesterday, I was a Bed Bath and Beyond ☺. Regarding eating out, it is a good reminder that no one cares what you are eating, I need to keep reminding myself that. I don't tell anyone I am on MediFast, I just plan my Lean and Green for any social meals and say I am watching calories and carbs. Your right MorningGlory, people do see it as a crazy fad diet. True I did gain back last time, but I am pretty confident that if I follow the transition plan this time I can keep it off.
I agree, I really miss the old forums, I used to log on first thing in the morning and sometimes during the day as well. It was very motivating and facebook is not a substitute in my mind. I was on in 2010-early 2011 and the boards were really active.
Today is the start of week 3, which I have heard is typically a big week for losing inches. Time really does go fast, I remember last time it felt like a long time to start to show significant results, then it seemed like I was down a size every week or two. I am 53 and menopause has really caused some changes, but I think MediFast is still working it's magic!
HalfPass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #34  
Jesus, I trust in You

HalfPass ~ Darn about just being in Bed, Bath and Beyond! I checked the Systema mug and it is 33.8 ounces...definitely big enough to accomodate the rising of the ziti, oatmeal, etc. Next time you're there definitely check it out...it is not expensive.

This time on Medifast I have definite plans for a good transition and maintenance. I have found a psychologist in my area that deals with binge eating. I met with her once and she took a detailed eating history, including the expected family/social dynamic throughout the years.
She herself is a recovering binge eater. She has been conducting an 8 week class called "Food and Mood" which addresses the many aspects of why we overeat. It is not what we normally hear - goes much deeper. It will be in a small group setting and starts January 19. She is also running a transition group which meets twice a month which I never had in all of my times of reaching goal. (WW pretty much leaves you high and dry once you reach goal!).

I will be 66 tomorrow...I am much younger in body and spirit (my husband is 14 years younger! ), but I am still learning and yearning to be at goal for good. I know God has worked in mysterious ways in my life. I have asked for 50 years to handle this addiction in an appropriate and realistic manner, so that I can live the best life I possibly can. I know He is answering my prayer.
This turned into a birthday proclamation of new goals!!
Yes, this will be the best gift I can give myself!
Old 12-04-2016, 11:58 PM   #35  
Jesus, I trust in You

Aphil, a 3FC member, posted this article on another forum. I thought this would be a wonderful reminder to tuck away in a corner of our mind for future reference.

Falling Off The Diet Wagon

by Jonathan Bowden, M. A.

"One of the most discouraging aspects of weight loss are the inevitable slips. Everyone has them. For some people, an occasional slip engenders an all out binge...followed by guilt, self-recrimination, a sense of powerlessness, and a feeling of "What's the use?"

Sound familiar?

I call it "falling off the diet wagon," and if you can change how you think about it, you don't need to be victimized by it anymore.

Let's start by looking at a simple children's game called "Chutes and Ladders." Here is how it works: you use a spinner to advance from space to space toward the winner's spot. Along the way there are ladders-which leapfrog you over a lot of spaces-as well as chutes-which send you back in the opposite direction.

Some kids play this game with a laissez-faire, "whatever" attitude, taking life as it comes with all its ups and downs, pitfalls and triumphs. They learn the wonderful moral of Chutes and Ladders-half the secret of life is just showing up. Keep playing the game, and eventually you will get where you are going.

Some kids, however, get very upset when they land on a chute. They are ready to quit the game, pick up their proverbial marbles and go home. For some reason, they believe that life isn't supposed to have any chutes. When they land on them, they are very disappointed and feel like giving up.

Weight loss is like a huge game of Chutes and Ladders.

In dealing with hundreds of clients over the years, I've discovered that the biggest difference between the winners and the losers in the weight loss war isn't whether or not people have "slips" and go off their program. It's not really a question of "if" they have them, it is a question of "when."

What really makes the difference is how you deal with the slips when they happen.

Her's an example. You have been absolutely wonderful on your plan for three weeks. You've been sticking to your exercise routine and feeling pretty terrific. You go to your best friend's wedding and have a glass of wine. Before you know it, soemone is insisting that you try those delicious little canapes, and before the wedding singer can say "Tanta Elka Cuts The Cake," you've managed to down about 4,000 calories from stuff you wouldn't have been caught dead looking at during the past few weeks...pates, desserts, breads, stuffings, you name it.

Most people think that's where the action stops. Actually, it's where the real action begins.

First, a reality check. Have you done a lot of damage? Not really. You may have put on a pound or two. Big deal. You can knock it off in no time, and go right back to work on yourself.

So what's the problem?

The problem isn't what we did, but what we make it "mean." We tell ourselves that our "transgression" means that we have no willpower, that we will never succeed, that our efforts are in vain.

Let me suggest something more empowering.

Suppose, instead, that we learn to see life's occasional "chutes" as just that-stumbling blocks that everyone hits on their personal path to personal power, nothing to be afraid of and certainly nothing to give a lot of meaning to.

So you had a chute. On your next spin you might hit a ladder.

Most important of all, you can't win the game unless you keep on playing.

And every minute gives you a new chance for another spin. Take it.

And don't look back.

*this article was found by 3FC member Silence...I thought you all might enjoy it as much as I did.*

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 12-05-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:38 AM   #36  

Great article, Thank You for posting. Truly words to live by,
Old 12-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #37  

Default Plugging along

Hey all. Enjoy reading your posts. Very encouraging! I'm on day two of being back on program. Going fine so far, a little headache but not too bad. I really hope to get some weight off and see if this will improve the pain in my knees. I'm also doing some exercises and taking some turmeric to reduce inflammation. Thx all for your encouragement!
emira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:27 AM   #38  

The first couple days are always the hardest Emira, hope that things are going well for you. I would think weight loss would very likely make an improvement in your knees.
I just got back from a couple days out of town and made it through staying on plan. Two more weeks of being out of town for a couple days and I am done with work travel for the year. We don't have children and no family nearby, so the actual Holidays are not a huge challenge. For me, staying on plan is easier once I am down a size or two. I have a lot of nice clothing just waiting for me to fit into again.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #39  
Jesus, I trust in You

emira ~ So wonderful you have made it through to Day 3...after that, your cravings will greatly diminish! Stick with us and we will all be successful.

HalfPass ~ Wow, traveling and sticking with the program is admirable! Do you have a kitchen when you are out of town - microwave, fridge, blender,etc. I have found that Medifast is really a breeze when traveling as long as I have those 3 appliances.
On the run, the car glove compartment holds my stash of MF products and water in the cooler and I am good to go. That is the beauty of this program.

My weigh in is Friday morning and even though I had a lovely on plan birthday dinner Sunday night and a Christmas dinner party last night, I am confident that the scale will reflect the rewards of this 5 and 1 program. Great lean and green meals, btw!!!

Keep the momentum going...we CAN do this, we WILL do this!!!
Old 12-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #40  

Things here are going well, made it through my workweek(we work Sun-Thurs). Successfully avoided cake at work. I'm not sure why people are so darn interested in why I don't eat sugar. This is one thing I've maintained since doing medifast the last time. I just find that if it's out of my diet I don't have the cravings I used to have. People wouldn't try to get you to drink if you were an alcoholic, I don't see how it's that different. Not drinking alcohol also seems to be of interest to other people. For me, being healthy is just more important than these things now, and given my situation, I can't do a little sugar or alcohol (unlike some others), it just interferes with the larger goals I have. Sigh, I guess lots of people just don't get it. Good thing that you all do!
emira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Check-in

Hi ladies-

Been prepping then traveling on business non-stop the past several days, so a dirth of my menu postings. Traveling worked ok, and just ate the bars during one of my day long meetings. I've found that I can still eat lunch with a focus on the salad only (picking around cheese and croutons), or deconstructing turkey sandwiches. Also ate airplane dinner (first class, which is uncommon, so figured I HAD to), but only ate the meat and lettuce greens. Chose wisely, even though the other option was "lobster mac and cheese." I don't know what that is, but it sounded darn good! Anyway, all is well, and I'm now down 10 lbs. after 1 full week of sticking to the plan. I'll take it!

Can someone give me some pointers on ordering through Medifast? I'm an "advantage" member since I ordered the big sampler box on my first order but obviously want to delete that and order some new things and just my favorites, though the $ value will be about the same. Is that possible? How early do you have to change your order before the "auto" box ships? I'm thinking of doing it sooner rather than later out of an abundance of caution. I also just realized you can order all items in just a quantity of one for about $3/ea. It's a little more expensive, but I'm kind of loving that idea so I can try without committing to 7 (like those terrible chili puff things). The sampler box only included 18 boxes of food, and I really need 20 for 5/1, plus I'm going to pick up some more of those Taste of Home meals. Ultra convenient.

Really happy with the food so far, and you just can't beat the convenience. I'm hoping I can stay with it for 70 more lbs., and actually wear shorts and a swimsuit this summer! :-)

Congrats to all you other ladies as we are continuing to plug along. One day at a time...WE CAN DO IT!!

Last edited by TWINCA; 12-08-2016 at 09:24 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #42  
Jesus, I trust in You

TWINCA~ 10 pounds is awesome!!! Plus under all those different circumstances, you made the plan work! You are going to be rid of those 70 pounds in no time flat!

As far as ordering, go under the BeSlim program. You get 5 free boxes the first time you order, too. And you get rewards....10% of your total = cash towards your next order. You can customize your boxes and order individual packets as well plus free shipping. You can order any amount of boxes and you can customize your order anytime up to 6pm before your ship date. You really have up to 60 days for your next order. You can pick any date that suits you and your schedule. You can't beat it.
They will assign you a free coach. She may get in touch with you to see how you are doing, any questions, etc., but if you don't want that connection, just tell her.
I would definitely go that route.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 12-08-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #43  
Jesus, I trust in You

emira ~ It just feels like we are constantly dodging landmines at work, social functions, even home. I honestly think people just want you to be like them - indulge, eat sugar, drink alcohol - otherwise they feel guilty. It is just human nature.
I find that as long as I have something in my hand, like coffee, tea, water...and don't make a big deal over it, they tend to forget asking, or if they do, I just say maybe later. Then they are satisfied.

You did great...you know we understand...and so do all the other people on these boards.

Have some great time off....enjoy yourself. And keep checking in!!! We need you!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #44  
Jesus, I trust in You

Well another 1.5 pounds lost!!!
I was hoping for more (I so want to get out of the 150's ). But I will definitely take the loss....

Onward and downward...one day, one hour, one moment at a time! Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Old 12-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #45  

Default Just what I need!

Good morning, all!

When I saw this title, I knew I had to get on board. Read every single post, and could relate to so much of what you all wrote. I also am returning to the program. I was on MF in 2010 and lost approximately 70 pounds, and put it back on in a relatively short time. I started eating disorder treatment shortly after that, and continue the treatment. I have had a binge eating disorder for as long as I can remember. I am 53 and going through menopause. I don't suspect [?] menopause is my problem; my problem is my eating in general. After many months of debating whether or not to return to MF, last week the decision came to me that I must do it. I am tired of feeling lethargic, disappointed in myself, and aching in my back and knees. My order is due to arrive Monday, and I am very much looking forward to it. I plan to come back here to read your posts, and to add my own. Thank you for being there!
LaurieEJ is offline   Reply With Quote