Old 11-26-2016, 11:03 PM   #16  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome, TWINCA! So glad you found us! We are a relatively new group, so you'll fit right in! I am on Day 23 and have lost 13.3 pounds thus far. The first 3 days are a bit challenging, but after that you won't feel the need to overeat or in my particular case, binge on sugar. Some of the MF foods are fantastic, others okay. Don't get discouraged if you try something and it doesn't appeal to you. Later in your journey it may taste great. We can compare foods once you try them. There is a great YouTube series by MetallicaMom regarding all the Medifast foods including the new Optavia line. She mixes different packets together and creates all kinds of new tastes. I highly recommend it.

But to start out, keep it simple. If you have any questions, just ask. I know you are going to do just fine!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:46 AM   #17  

So happy to see our group growing! I am on day 8. I don't weigh myself, because I get hung up on numbers and get discouraged, leading to going off plan. I was a tight 14 to start, the 14s are starting to fit better. I have done medifast before, so I know if I stick to plan it will work. I am 53 and I have to get away from the pattern of yoyo dieting. Also, I love fashin and right now none of my nice clothing fits..
HalfPass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:56 PM   #18  
Jesus, I trust in You

Yea, HalfPass! You are doing great
I agree with you about the scale. I only get weighed once a week at a Medifast Center to keep me accountable. But honestly, the feel of your clothing is a great indicator. Just keep on doing what you're doing and the weight loss will follow.

I, too, am so glad our group is growing. I think we are all in the honeymoon phase...mild ketosis has set in and we are feeling the wonderful effects of being crave-free. One of the best scenarios in my life, for sure!

As we continue on our journeys, the support will be paramount to our success.
One minute, one moment at a time we will all reach our goal weight!

So glad to hear from you!!! Keep reading the boards...it helps immensely, no matter what program a person uses!

Have a lovely Sunday!
Old 11-27-2016, 05:35 PM   #19  

Default New here and to Medifast

Hi - I'm new here and on day 2 of Medifast. I like to hear all of your stories and motivation in how to make MF work for you. I feel pretty good, but just on day 2. This seems like a more active and recent MF board , hope it's okay that I'm not on round 2
Lbryant726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:34 PM   #20  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome, Lbryant726, of course, it is wonderful that you joined us! We are all on our present Medifast journey and every one of us is starting anew!

We are also all in the honeymoon phase...so we are all very motivated. I try to vary the Medifast products so I am not bored. I keep a stash in the glove compartment of my car for any time I am out and about. I carry plenty of water in a personal cooler, too.

I read these boards everyday...no matter if related specifically to Medifast or not. They give me great motivation. Just remember to breathe...take it slow...read all your MF materials...and let the magic begin.

FYI, after you are on the boards 20 days and write at least 20 posts, you can go to tickerfactory.com and make yourself a neat ticker as part of your signature. I just think it is those fun little things that motivate you to keep on going. There are some neat challenges on the different boards as well. One I am in is Delicious for Christmas under Chicks Up for a Challenge under the support group thread.

Also the first 3 days can be challenging, but after that all your cravings will subside greatly, especially if you are a sugar addict like me.

Check in everyday. Let all of us know if we can help in any way! You are going to do great!
It is nice you joined our MF family!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 10:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Default MediFast Day 1

Food arrived yesterday, and officially completed Day 1. I bought that big "TV offer" variety pack so I could try a little of everything. So far, so good!

6AM: Dutch chocolate shake in my new Medifast blender with water and ice. YUM! Also added water to the soup in a mug, covered, and placed in my fridge to rehydrate for lunch based on other comments I read.

8AM: Honey mustard pretzels. Can make my way through the box, but will not order again (tried a sample of the cinnamon ones last week, and liked those a lot).

10AM: Sour cream and chive mashed potatoes. YUM!

12PM: Chicken flavored noodle soup. Was well-hydrated, and tasted pretty good. Will definitely order again. YUM-ish!

2PM: S'mores crunch bar. Of course, YUM!

5:30PM: Flavors of Home LG Beef Stew, and bag of Rosemary Sea Salt Crackers (snack). Really liked the stew, much to my surprise. Added some salt and pepper (condiments, but certainly not 1/4 tsp). Crackers were a little bland (like saltines, with no salt). Will definitely order both again. YUM!

Water consumption: 128 ounces (1G) and hitting bathroom every 30-60 minutes!

Also started the Medifast Probiotic and Omega 3 supplements.

860 calories, 84 g of protein. Boggles my mind.

So what to eat tomorrow!?!? It's kind of like a food treasure hunt! :-)
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:44 PM   #22  
Jesus, I trust in You

TWINCA ~ Wow, you had a 100% day! You are working this program as it was meant to be followed! You give me added incentive and inspiration!

Have a fantastic Day 2 and keep us informed of your progress!
Old 12-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #23  

Run down of Medifast Day 2:

5AM - Strawberry shake blended with ice in my Medifast blender. Not as yummy as the Dutch Chocolate Shake, but good enough such that I'd definitely order again for the sake of variety. Also added water in a mug and the Ziti, covered and placed in fridge to hydrate until lunch.

7AM - Brownie Soft Bake. OK, big fail on my part b/c I just grabbed the packet and not the cardboard dish thing. So I decided to wing it. Put in small, shallow dish (akin to a small soufflé cup), and slowly added water until it was thick, but just thin enough to easily stir. Popped the whole thing into the microwave for 45 sec (still slightly soft in middle) then 15 sec more. Voila! It actually worked! That's going into the YUM category.

9AM - Chili Nacho Cheese Puffs. Biggest YUCK...well, so far. I mean, they were super bad. I could only eat 1/3 of the bag (over the course of an hour). Never, ever again.

11:30AM - Ziti Marinara - YUM! Not greatest Italian food ever created, but it will get the job done. Nuked the mug with the hydrated ziti for 2 minutes, and good to go. Will definitely buy again.

1:45 PM - Peanut Butter Crunch Bar - YUM! Favorite so far.

4PM - 3.5 oz of Pollo Loco boneless, skinless chicken breast (1/2 serving), and a side of steamed broccoli. I was so full, I couldn't eat anymore!

128 oz of water.

Plus my daily Medifast Probiotic and Omega 3 supplements.

653 calories, 87g of protein. Mind still boggled.

Need to work on adding the healthy fats somehow, but good to go so far.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:10 AM   #24  
Jesus, I trust in You

Another great day, TWINCA! Thanks for sharing...try again to get all your protein in and your healthy fat. Any type of salad dressing that you could dip your broccoli in? I use Hidden Valley Yogurt Caesar Parmesan: 2 Tbsp. = 1 fat. It is really good!
Old 12-02-2016, 01:27 AM   #25  

I'm in the same place. Have gained back about 60 pounds, but it's taken a few years, slowly creeping back. I've tried ww but it doesn't seem to really work for me, I'm blaming it on middle age and thyroid issues maybe. I was able to lose about 90 pounds on mf before. I think I got really mad when they took apart their forums and had a hard time doing it after that...I had a detailed blog that was lost . Anyway, my knees are killing me and I'm hoping if I take this weight off it will help. Need some encouragement, I hope that reading your posts here will help.
emira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #26  

It is great to see more people joining in on this thread. I am on day 13 and starting to feel the positive impacts, more energy for sure and I wore pants to work the other day. I only wear dresses when I gain weight and I think it has been about two years!
I had a good week. Was out of town for work for a couple days, as I am most weeks, and made it through a couple work meals and 10 hours in the car, both of which are huge challenges to staying on plan. When I got back home my new Medifast order had arrived early! I have been making do wit leftovers and substitutes. So I am enjoying some new variety, including to Optivia line. Not sure what I think yet, though I like the "cleaner"aspect. We shall see.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:01 PM   #27  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome, emira! I know how you feel about the Medifast forums and blogs...they were such a lifeline. But we are so glad to have you join our group! Little by little we are all just starting out and life is good! You are going to do great. Don't think about the past. This is a new journey, with a new Optivia line - see what you think! Just keep coming back to this thread, as well as all the other posts on the other boards! It helps me immensely! (BTW, I had my complete thyroid removed in 2007 and am constantly getting blood levels regulated with different doses of Synthroid...so you see MF still works under these circumstances!)

HalfPass ~ Wow Day 13 for you already! And you did so well on your trip! Applause, applause! Plus you had an early Christmas package waiting for you upon your arrival home - your MediFast food! Keep up the fantastic momentum!

I went to my Medifast center today - I lost 2.5 more pounds! Today is Day 29 for me and I have lost a total of 15.9! I am so excited!
I honestly am so happy I kicked the Diet Pepsi addiction (with God's help) and am now drinking water like crazy. So onward we all go!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #28  

Default Medifast Day 3

So by now you can probably tell that I'm a little OCD... haha! Basically, I'm tracking so I know what to reorder, and maybe help others trying to figure out what tastes good (YMMV).

Day 3 menu:

3AM (yes, early work day): French Vanilla shake prepared with ice in my Medifast blender. Preferred order is now Dutch Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry. All generally good though. I also like the fact it can take me 60-90 min. if I drink slow, then time to eat again! Also rehydrated my soup in a mug, and put in fridge for lunch.

5AM: Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal - I had read comments that this might be hit or miss. I added a little bit of powder at a time to 6 oz hot water in a mug, while stirring so that it wasn't lumpy. I let it sit for 15 minutes. It was definitely dissolved, but next time I'll use less water. It was too soupy and I prefer it thicker. Still, though, I think it will be good to go next time.

7AM: Chocolate Pudding - I took a reverse course for this after reading it could be lumpy. I put the packet in a bowl, and slowly added a bit of water, stirred, repeat. I stuck it in the fridge for 15 minutes, but it didn't really set. Will use less water next time. Either way, even soupy chocolate pudding is good! YUM!

9AM - Oatmeal Raisin Crunch Bars - YUM!

11:30AM - Chicken Flavored Noodle Soup - Still a solid YUM! The pre-hydrating is key I think.

2:45PM - Cheddar & Sour Cream Popcorn - Umm, hello? Big YUM!

5:00PM - Flavors of Home Turkey Meatball Marinara - Needed a little salt (condiment, but much less than 1/4 tsp), but YUM!

Probiotic and Omega 3 supplements

128 oz. (1Gal water)

890 calories, 89g protein. Wow!

Everyone says first three days are the worst, and I actually feel good. So thankful that the food is generally pretty good (except this chili puffs). 3 days down, like 8 months to go...haha!!

How is everyone else doing? What foods are you eating? I have a thirst for knowledge...

Last edited by TWINCA; 12-02-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #29  

TWIN CA Emira and MorningGlory, Good Morning and glad you are all doing so well!
I am a bit unusual in that I have always loved the oatmeal. I am not big on not shakes and when I have them it is usually as a shakecake. I like all the bars and am OK on the crunchy things, I sometimes sub Annes Naturals pretzels or puffs or the wonderslim Os. I like most of the bakes, gingerbread seems like a seasonal treat this time of year! I am not big on Zita or Mac and Cheese, I think I don't get how to to prep them.
Not sure what I think of the optivia line so far, they are just "ok"..
On the road for work again next week and meeting friends for dinner. I asserted myself in insisting I needed a place with a good salad option. Wine has been my biggest downfall in the past, this time I am having an easier time staying away from it, I hope that lasts!!
Old 12-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #30  
Jesus, I trust in You

Good Morning, all! I love coming here. I sometimes think that everyone knows about Medifast, but in the real world, others think you are on some type of fad diet and just don't understand.
But here, we know exactly what each other are going through and why we are doing it...it is normal!

TWINCA ~ I love your menus. I find that the pudding used as a shake with 10 ounces of liquid and ice in a blender works beautifully. Sometimes I use 1-2 TBSP Davinci Sugar Free syrups which come in so many lovely flavors and it changes the flavor of the shake to something new and exciting! I even use Diet SF Vanilla soda as the liquid.
I like the oatmeal. I use a deep microwaveable soup mug with the plastic lid with the little steam release tab on the top (you can get them in Bed, Bath and Beyond -Systema brand - not expensive - use 20% coupon!) That works like a charm! (Just be sure you buy the larger one, mine is purple!)

I am so glad you are feeling well!

HalfPass ~ Again, try the Systema mug I mentionned for the Ziti or Mac 'n Cheese.

I am trying not to sub products yet...just feel guilty. I guess it is that "all or nothing" mentality!

It is great you spoke your mind regarding your dinner plans. I have found that no matter what venue I am in, I can do Medifast 100% - even if that means getting a side salad, eating it slowly and some hot tea or coffee until I can eat on plan. Honestly nobody really cares unless you make it obvious as to what you are doing. Just enjoy the conversation and look busy with your fork and cup!

emira ~ and others, please let us know how you are doing or if you need any help!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend...one meal at a time, and we have SIX!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 12-03-2016 at 12:01 PM.