Old 02-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #481  

I am halfway through week 3 and stepped on the scale and saw no loss yet for this week. I should have just stayed off the scale! So frustrating. Just another reason to stay 100% on plan.

Today I had an Orange drink, a Hot Cocoa, and cinnamon pretzels. For lunch and dinner I cooked 6 ounces of chicken and 1.5 c of celery and onions and zucchini in 2 cups of broth. I had half at lunch and will have the rest at dinner. I also have 2 more MF meals to eat, probably a shake and a bar.

I wish I had lost a pound or two though. I hope it comes off soon. How is everyone else doing?
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 350/345/299 - mini goal

Height: 5'5

Steph sorry about that! I worry about that too..not seeing the scale move...but my hubby tells me just stay positive and don't worry about the scale but sometimes i just can't help it! Oh can i just say i REALLY HATE the oatmeal! > I hate that I couldn't pick my own meals on my first order.
polynesian.queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:59 AM   #483  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Well, I hit the road today on my work trip to Charlotte and I'm disheartened. My weight has stalled all week having only lost 0.6 and today it's back up to what it was on Saturday.

What has me the most worried is that none of my L&G will be made by me so I cannot control the ingredients. Not looking forward to Tuesday's weigh in when I return home.

I'm not going to fall off plan. I'm just so disappointed.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Laura

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 02-09-2017 at 08:39 AM.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
My weight has stalled all week having only lost 0.6 and today it's back up to what it was on Saturday.

What has me the most worried is that none of my L&G will be made by me so I cannot control the ingredients. Not looking forward to Tuesday's weigh in when I return home.
Laura, I get it! I have not weighed myself since last Sat and will not until I return home on Sunday. I am a little nervous about it since like you, I haven't been able to control my L&G since I am not making it myself.

I've told myself to relax and just be conscious of my choices. Healthy choices and staying on plan WILL eventually result in the ultimate goal. Even if I'm having more sodium or just a few too many calories, I'm still eating better than I was so it may slow down slightly and take a bit longer but I'm still getting there.

Sticking to it and making good choices even without a visible victory on the scale is helping us to learn to change our habits to something sustainable for life. I'm trying not to be obsessive about the numbers but that's the way we are trained to think so its hard.

So, Laura, I'm sure your body is still changing and getting more lean, the numbers may not show it today but they will soon!

Stay the course!

Sheila

Last edited by sheilaE; 02-10-2017 at 08:46 AM.
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #485  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Laura ~

Sheila gave some great advice.

Staying the Medifast road is HARD especially when you are away from home.

Are you going somewhere where you can say that you are on a strict diet? If so, I'd put that out there early on. Whenever I've shared that people have been so accommodating. I went to my parents for a week right after I started. My mom and I stopped at the grocery store so I could make sure I'd have exactly what I could eat for the week. It seems as long as I know I have the food available I can eat I don't feel so stressed (or deprived).

When I've been out of my own environment for eating I've mentally planned to just eat a very small portion of whatever is served so that I can sustain some calories. If there is a salad I make sure to eat a bunch of that with dressing on the side since most dressings are full of calories and sodium.

Above all, drink as much water as you can. It will keep your body hydrated and process out any extra sodium and sugar...and keep you full.

I am so sorry that you are feeling badly right now. We all have slumps on this road. Be determined to make the best choices you can because sometimes that is really all you can do.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 02-09-2017 at 11:34 AM.
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #486  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Laura ~ I know how you feel. To be that disheartened by a number is such a damper to our spirit!

Why don't you try this. When you get back on Tuesday, don't weigh yourself. Even though you are going to try your best to stay on plan while not in control of your Lean and Green, you will most likely retain fluid. Wait until the following Saturday - isn't that your normal weigh in day of the week?

That is what I did when my Medifast center closed unexpectedly. It is so tempting to jump on my scale first thing when I wake up. But I have water by my bedside. I keep drinking the very moment I stand up, and the very thought of getting weighed after all that water is a deterrent.
So this Saturday will be my official weigh in after two weeks.

Another thing: I bet you are going to have a big whoosh!! Little losses are often followed by a big one, although in my case, it takes about 3 weeks of smaller losses followed by 2 big ones. (Probably because I am close to goal).

I have a much more relaxed attitude about weight loss. I am accepting what it is. I am trusting the process. This Medifast plan does work, but it is different for each person. I can't compare myself to anyone else.

I hope your business trip is successful. Enjoy Charlotte. Use your "free" time as meditative. Remember you have us - with all our ups and down and ins and outs. Vent as much as you want. We are standing beside you and will not let you falter. You can do this!

Great advice from Sheila and Karen, too!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-09-2017 at 12:31 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #487  
Jesus, I trust in You

Everyone ~ We are getting close to our #500 thread and that means a new one needs to be started soon. BTW, that is a testimony to our dedication to each other and Medifast itself!

Do we want to give it a new name? Perhaps Medifast 2017? or something more creative!
Old 02-09-2017, 12:46 PM   #488  

hi all, jumping on this thread to get a bit of motivation. This is my 3rd attempt at MF actually, lol. Third and final, as i keep telling myself! My 1st attempt was so darn successful but i went through some crazy stuff right after and gained most and then some back. 2nd attempt was last year, won a bet and fell off the wagon for no other reason then the fact that i lost control.

I started January 2nd and have lost 10lbs so far...my mini goals are 8-10lbs a month... and this time i'm not quitting til i get to where i NEED to be
pinkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #489  

Awww, Laura, stalls are so hard. You got some great advice on this thread. Try to enjoy your trip and eat the best you can. I agree with Joyce on waiting to weigh, too.

I came down sick yesterday and it feels bad like a flu. I have been drinking Orange Drink for several of my meals because it reminds me of OJ. I am eating chicken vegetable soup for Lean and Green. I had the same yesterday because I felt like I was coming down with something but today I feel miserable.
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #490  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone for the great support. So glad I found you all!

I did take my measurements this morning and am significantly down in my hips, waist, chest and thighs. Literally needed the positive reinforcement.

Trip is so far so good. I ate all my meals and am waiting in the hotel restaurant for my steak with grilled asparagus and tomatoes. Good with the water despite the four hour car ride.

I think I like the idea of waiting until my next regular day to check my weight.

As for the new thread name I like Medifast 2017. That way no one will wonder if they belong. All are welcome!

Have a great evening all and thanks again for propping me up today!

Cheers,
Laura
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:56 AM   #491  
Jesus, I trust in You

pinkberry ~
I am sure I speak for all of us when I say you and your input will be valuable to our discussions. Your 10 pound loss is awesome! Keep posting. I would recommend that if you haven't already, read this thread in its entirety - there are so many words of wisdom, different viewpoints and genuine concern for each other. We are a team who shares and cares!
Old 02-10-2017, 08:32 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 175/158/155

Height: 5"7

Hey ladies,

So yesterday was my official 4 week weigh in and here are the results..

Starting Weight: 175
Week One: 170.4
Week Two: 168.8
Week Three: 166.8
Week Four: 164.4
Total Loss: 10.6 pounds!!

Strangely, I remember my last weigh in post that I had put as my mini goal to lose just over 10 pounds for the month, and I did it!! YAY

I must say that although I am not losing nearly as fast as I did the first time around that I am totally okay with it now. I am really happy I lost these 10 pounds right before I am turning 40 on Sunday. I am really motivated to lose 10-20 more and then STAY there for the rest of my life.

I must say I was a bit surprised because I had a few stumbles this week. I had work and social obligations where I had to eat out 4 days in a row! Sat-Tues. I did my absolute best to make good choices and I didn't eat any carbs, but I know I probably had more fat and calories than I typically would had I cooked for myself. Because of this I ate less Medifast meals-only 1-3 a day to try to compensate. In addition to that I got my period last night and feel really bloated, so Im sure in a few days a few more pounds will drop off. So- all in all I would say I am happy!!

I have family and friends visiting this weekend for my bday and next week a business trip. The goal is to stay as on plan as possible, not to eat any carbs, and do the best I can. I will be happy if I can come home and have maintained my current weight. I don't feel tempted to cheat or go off plan right now, I am motivated to get to where I need to be.

I read the boards daily for motivation- so thank you ladies. You have all helped me even if you aren't aware you have.

Carmen

Last edited by yumyumgirl; 02-10-2017 at 08:45 AM.
yumyumgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi ladies-

Let's move everything over to the new thread that I just created -->

Medifast Journey 2017 - Round (1 and) 2 Redux

We are maxing out here!!

Last edited by TWINCA; 02-10-2017 at 09:10 AM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #494  
Strength; not just Muscle

S/C/G: 284/265.5/200

Height: 5'2"

Argh! I'm so behind on the board!

I'll get caught up and post later on.

Soooo glad it's Friday!!! Have a great morning!!
BanTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #495  
Jesus, I trust in You

BanTam~ Nice to see you! Read when you can...it helps in so many ways.

TWINCA has now created a new thread since we have almost maxed this one out at 500 posts. Join us there now!