Old 09-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #1  

Default where is everyone at

So this page has died. I see lots of views but no posts. Are you still OP? Did you quit? are you maintaining?
I ask because I am curious the reasoning. This program is hard but I believe in it as losing 64lbs was a hoop dream.
Richy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

I'm here. I'm about 8-9 weeks in. It's been super hard for me especially with my L&G since most of them are meals I get catered and eat in the office during meetings. Even though I stick to the salads, no dressing or even the higher protein options, I feel like I'm taking in more salt then I should. The last month has been harder than the first. I'm still optimistic and trying to find ways to make it easier for me. I can't seem to opt to have my MF meal while I am attending a catered lunch. If only I could give that up. I find it easier to say no to the L&G at home because I can set the table for my family and down my shake then take a walk while they eat. The scale is slowly going down (rocky at times) but I am still hopeful and optimistic for my upcoming months. Being so close to the 170's already brings tears to my eyes. I haven't seen those numbers in 3yrs.
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #3  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

I'm here... as you know from the other threads...
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

I'm back......
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #5  
Medifast Dieter

Where were you gone???
Old 03-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #6  

If it helps, back when the Medifast forum was active I asked a Dietitian about the low-salt part of the diet. I challenged that salt intake would have any impact on weight loss. They said that it can make you retain water and therefore appear to not lose weight. Also that X% of Americans. (I forget what X was) should be a low-salt diet regardless of their weight. So, that is why they included that in the official diet.

I know I'm not one of the ones that needs to choose the low-salt options. No one in my family has ever been told to go low-salt, and I don't like the taste much, so i never add it and always go for the low-salt options. Good news is that low-fat Ham makes good lean if you don't worry about the salt.
susan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #7  

I'm still here: down to 146.6 from 256.4. My goal is 145
A size 12 down from a size 24

I started January 1st and am still going strong
(Though my order might not get here in time: I run out of meals on Tuesday so hopefully the order I placed on Friday gets here Monday or Tuesday. If not I might do slim fast for a day or two)

Last edited by dietcherrycoke; 10-22-2016 at 01:22 PM.
dietcherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #8  
Medifast Dieter

That is totally awesome that you are almost at goal... Hope your food arrives in time. You are doing great - keep up the good work.

I started mid July - 14 weeks for me today and I have lost 31.6 pounds so far. I still have a weighs (LOL) to go... However I did reach Onderland finally!!! Now down to my next goal of 169. I haven't made a final goal yet. It will probably be around what your goal is.

Congrats again and keep me posted.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/194/145

Hi! I'm on Medifast/Optavia and have been looking for an online "home", somewhere to check-in daily. I have been a member on 3FCs but don't remember visiting this board. Anyway, glad to have found you.

In 2013 I lost 70 pounds in 6 months on MF. Prior to that, I lost 35 on WW and calorie counting and those 35 took 1.5 years. So, I was down a total of 105 pounds, life was much better, I got complacent, gained back 35 of those 105 pounds. I'm on MF to lose those 35 + 10 more.

I have a history of re-starting MF many times. This time might be different because I feel like I'm hitting bottom, emotionally and physically. When I go off plan, my knees really ache, I don't sleep well and generally feel awful. It's clear my body does not react well to sugar and I look forward to living a healthier, more active, low sugar life. I regard MF/Optavia as a tool to get there.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

EDIT: I have to update my ticker...ugh! LOL, well, I guess I was here before!

Last edited by dweedledee; 10-25-2016 at 07:54 AM.
dweedledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #10  
Medifast Dieter

Great to have you here. As you can tell this forum board isn't real active for this section. I wish there were more - but that's the way it goes. I lost about 50 pounds in 2012/2013 and kept it off for about 1 1/2 then it seemed like overnight I was here again. I gained back that plus about 15. I have lost just over 30 right now. I would like to lose about 60 more - so I will be here for a while...LOL Glad you're here. Hope you'll check in often. I miss the MF boards.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #11  

Gina, you did it before, you'll do it again. Congrats on your 30+ pound loss so far! That's fantastic! I keep losing and gaining the same 5-7 pounds...for so long. I haven't been below 180 since July 2015, so if I can get below 180, that'll be a big milestone for me.

I can't describe how much I miss the old MF boards. Message boards change but no change has affected me as much as MF. It was such a lively, supportive place with tons of great advice. It's been like 2 years and I still miss the posters, sigh. There's nothing like it any longer. The various, coach-run FB groups are a little too "rah-rah MF/Optavia" for me. As soon as someone mentions they're struggling, they're treated like a defect. Plus, don't complain about the taste of MF foods or the selections or you're ungrateful, lol. (BTW, I didn't do either of those things after I saw other posters treated rudely for doing so). Recently, I saw a coach mention people lose faster on Optavia...lol, I don't think so. I have a coach, whom I like but she's struggling in her personal life so it's hard to turn to her for support. However, she's normally fantastic and I adore her so I'm waiting to contact her until she's had time to adjust to changes in her life.

Sorry to be so negative but I just read some of the above mentioned posts today while searching for a new online "place". I really need a place I can report to daily, nothing usually as long as this, lol! Glad to be here.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #12  

Wow! Dietcherrycoke! I just read your post and congrats on being so close to goal! How exciting and I hope you get your food soon.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #13  

HI Im new to the forum but not to Medifast. I have three kids, and used it to lose the baby weight after each of the first two successfully. Unfortunately each pregnancy I gain way too much weight. My son is going to be 1 next month so its time to get on it. But hes my last kid so this time its going to be losing that weight FOR GOOD. Its so confusing this time though. NO forums and no 5 and 1? Does anyone know when they switched from the 5 and 1? I didnt' even realize til my first order got here, oops.
mommalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #14  

mommalaw, I don't know why they no longer showcase the 5&1 but many people still do it. I've read different ideas as to why MF changed their plan...to combat low adherence, to enhance transition from MF to "normal" foods, whatever. Or, they're really trying to push TSFL which still encourages the 5&1. TSFL coaches have said no one should do the 5&1 without coaching but people were doing the 5&1 before the coaching took off so that doesn't make sense. And don't even get me started on the forums! I loved that place and miss it dearly. There are a few active FB groups but they are run by coaches and it's hard to be honest under their watchful eyes. (a little too rah-rah Optavia for me).

Anyway, welcome back and good luck! When will you start?

I'm on day#3 of my recent restart and still feel great! I have a busy schedule today so that will distract me from my inevitable hunger.

On plan, I am so productive it's not even funny. My house is clean, laundry caught up, no dirty dishes in the sink. My hair is on-point and I've accessorized my outfit, all before 9am. If I weren't on-plan, I'd still be in my PJs, on my 4th cup of coffee, dreading the upcoming holiday business, lol! I'm such a downer off-plan

Anyway, looking forward to the hunger subsiding and losing weight by Thanksgiving.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #15  

Well, I did it. I'm at goal
dietcherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote