Old 07-13-2015, 06:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Newbie Thoughts: started MF 7/8/15

As a working wife, mother of 3 boys varying from 22 to 6 (oldest is a stepson), and a caretaking daughter (mom had a stroke and is disabled). After giving birth to my youngest 6 years ago, I just couldn't shed off the weight like I did in the past. My weight just kept climbing up the scale even past my heaviest at 9mos pregnant. It was especially harder after I started reporting to my current boss, who stress eats and feeds her team on a continuous basis. Not to mentioned I am salaried and tied to the hip with her. I can't go for walks like I used to on my breaks because we have urgent issues at hand (office operations). I gained at least a total of 30lbs in the time I've been under her supervision. She packs food for us or buys from the building deli and we eat at our desks - working through lunch. My family? Well, I go to my mom's after work, help with cleaning, cooking then feeding. Then I go home and cook for my boys. Which boys are hefty eaters and won't settle for a salad. Along, the way I took way too many "samples"! I know I can't blame anyone else but myself but they are the true reasons as to why I am the way I am.
Being so unhappy with my weight and with my health spiraling out of control. I have been researching Optifast for the last year, couldn't afford the upfront cost. So, I tried Curves Complete. I lost 8lbs in 3months. I hated the meal prepping and I just felt like the menu plans were just too overwhelming for me. The fitness regime didn't seem enough. Along the way, I found information on Medifast.
Here I am, 6 days into the 5&1 program. My challenges so far? Planning/Eating at work, feeding my family REAL food while I ate my MF/L&G, and now, facing my boss who has a food solution for everything. The first 3 days were easy - boss was on vacation, and I explored a few L&G approved recipes for dinner. The weekend was harder, having to cook 2-3 meals for my family and maintaining my eating/drinking schedule. Today was super hard. My boss returned. At 8AM she offered 1/2 a bagel with bacon and cream chees. I casually explained to her I couldn't and that I started to eat healthy. She said: "it's just HALF"... My reply: "I know but I can't". 10AM, I found sweet peppers and ranch dressing on my desk. I told her: "thanks but I can't have that yet". Her reply: "it's healthy and if you are going to have ranch, eat the real stuff"... well, I have a long way to go. I told her I packed lunch and an afternoon snack already. I hope tomorrow to be a better day.
I weigh in tonight so I'm excited to see where my 6 days has taken me. I know it's all water weight right now but my family has seen an improvement in me already. I cleaned for a few hours over the weekend.
Foodwise: the ziti gives me bad stomach issues! Oatmeal raisin bars, fruit & nut bars, the chicken soup, the beef soup, the maple oatmeal, the nacho cheese puffs and the cereal have all been good. the cereal! I can eat that for all 5 meals! but the bars have been my savior for on the go. I received a tip to preplan my MF into a ziplock bag for each day! worked wonderfully! I just grab and go.
I'll update after my weigh in tonight!
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #2  

Congratulations on choosing medifast. Stay strong in your journey. You will have lots of challenges. But choosing to stay the course or getting back on plan is important.
Richy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #3  

Thank you @Richy37
Old 07-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #4  

My 6th day registered at -6lbs. I was told I did great. I hope so! I was given the clear to start walking 3x a week for 30mins each. No excuses to sit around now!

Last edited by ladyvwj; 07-14-2015 at 11:12 AM.