Old 07-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/215/165

Height: 5'7

Default Back on the Medifast saddle again

Hi, everyone. So I've done Medifast before, had great results, then went off and tried other diet plans (Atkins, WW, South Beach). I'm now at my highest weight of 218

I decided to get back on track and yesterday was my first day. I didn't like the new Medifast forum so here I am. It's been awhile, so I have some questions.

First, is Sugar Free Coffeemate creamer ok? And I heard Soymilk/Almond Milk is ok but I'm not so sure? And cheese? I keep getting conflicted information on that. Also sugar free water infusers? (Crystal Light, Wyler's Light, etc)

Also for those who did their first two weeks, did you exercise or not? Do you think it helps/hurts in any way?

Oh btw, I'm 32 and female.

Last edited by JCSCANDY247; 07-11-2015 at 04:25 PM.
JCSCANDY247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/205.5/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSCANDY247 View Post
Hi, everyone. So I've done Medifast before, had great results, then went off and tried other diet plans (Atkins, WW, South Beach). I'm now at my highest weight of 218

I decided to get back on track and yesterday was my first day. I didn't like the new Medifast forum so here I am. It's been awhile, so I have some questions.

First, is Sugar Free Coffeemate creamer ok? And I heard Soymilk/Almond Milk is ok but I'm not so sure? And cheese? I keep getting conflicted information on that. Also sugar free water infusers? (Crystal Light, Wyler's Light, etc)

Also for those who did their first two weeks, did you exercise or not? Do you think it helps/hurts in any way?

Oh btw, I'm 32 and female.
Hi there! I'm new to Medifast but I know almond milk is ok as long as it's unsweetened. I use the vanilla with the Berry Crunch cereal which is my absolute favorite breakfast. Reduced fat cheese is ok too. I believe you're supposed to count the water infusers as condiments.

How have you been doing since you posted this?
livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/215/165

Height: 5'7

I've done ok, but fell off the wagon a few times, but back on again. I stay away from the water infusers and try to drink as much water as I can.

I have to be aware of the sugar free, cause that trips me up. I'm a sugar addict and SF just doesn't taste the same lol
JCSCANDY247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/205.5/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSCANDY247 View Post
I've done ok, but fell off the wagon a few times, but back on again. I stay away from the water infusers and try to drink as much water as I can.

I have to be aware of the sugar free, cause that trips me up. I'm a sugar addict and SF just doesn't taste the same lol
I think falling off the wagon and getting back on is a good experience to have cause once we're in maintenance we'll have to learn moderation. For me I haven't been able to master keeping weight off because I have trouble getting back on the wagon after I've overdone it. I let things snowball. I've started reading a lot about weight maintenance to prepare myself this time. I feel like in the past I focused so much on the weight loss part that I didn't educate and prepare myself for maintenance.

I like lemon slices in my water. I need a little flavor! LOL I'm thinking of trying some grapefruit slices. I hear you about sugar....it's very addictive!
livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #5  

Yes, to non sweetened cream. My hubby uses the fat free/sugar free ones and it hasn't affected him adversely at all. Yes, low fat cheese is used in many recipes on our plan. If you go to the sandy's kitchen for lots of recipes, you will see other items that are used frequently and it sure makes things easier for all of us!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote